Author Topic: School Started...  (Read 11280 times)

Relf

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #25 on: 2004-09-01 13:08:44 »
The computer classes are fun because were actually doing something in them instead of "this is a mouse" type crap.

Heh, sounds like my school, 6 years and the computer tech (knew as much computers a trained baboon) went over the method to log in to the stupid school program, now in highschool its "double click to open the folder" :roll: , guess I will have to wait to get on to the usefull stuff.... :z

qwerty

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #26 on: 2004-09-01 13:18:22 »
Just go to another school. A magnet school is a good choice! :D

Relf

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #27 on: 2004-09-01 15:11:30 »
Quote from: qwerty
Just go to another school. A magnet school is a good choice! :D

:-? Magnet school?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #28 on: 2004-09-01 18:53:27 »
now in highschool its "double click to open the folder"

Wow, that sounds really dumb. What class is that exactly to make sure to avoid it if it's an option down here.

Jedimark

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #29 on: 2004-09-01 19:02:11 »
I can remember at college there were two computer-type courses you could could study. There was computing and IT. IT was basically the idiot's guide to computing and taught you stuff like how to open files and word process... us computing lot used to take the piss outta the IT people alot.

Cyberman

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #30 on: 2004-09-01 19:37:09 »
Magnet schools.. huh hehehe.

Ahem sorry I just find the idea of high school and education often conflicts ;)

You know the most important thing I learned in college, was how to learn to begin with.

Cyb

Relf

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #31 on: 2004-09-01 20:08:31 »
Quote from: Jedimark
I can remember at college there were two computer-type courses you could could study. There was computing and IT. IT was basically the idiot's guide to computing and taught you stuff like how to open files and word process... us computing lot used to take the piss outta the IT people alot.

in canada its the "applied" course, I was thing that it never shows up on your reseme, you could easily get all 90's... but you couldnt go to universety so it wouldnt work  -_-

qwerty

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #32 on: 2004-09-02 00:49:38 »
:o  I guess. Maybe it's because I'm going to the 16th best high school in the nation... :)  I don't see how you all don't see high school as a learning experience. Very troubling... you're supposed to plan your future in high school! What the hell were you doing then?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #33 on: 2004-09-02 01:59:11 »
Highschool is really more preparing you for stuff really. I always thought learning anything above basic applications in math, such as adding, subtraction, division, and multiplication, along with a few other things, were a waste of time (algebra, finding the .0008th degree of a quagasaurus triangle's ump-thousandth corner, stuff like that). I honestly believed anything else was a waste of them, until my last year's math teacher put it in a way that made me understand that no one else explained it:

Highschool is only for getting you ready, to get you famuilar with various things, that way, when you're ready to move up, and actually learn the things you'll need on a certain job, you'll be able to remember going through the steps without having to take weeks to learn it (though I learn things easily, couldn't really connect on that one).

qwerty

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #34 on: 2004-09-02 13:20:33 »
Oh well, people learn in different ways. Some think of it as a preperation for the next level and others think of it as an experience. Who cares?!?! As long as you know what I mean. :roll:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
School Started...
« Reply #35 on: 2004-09-02 19:52:39 »
School just started for me. Same old same old. I got to check out the computer lab I'll be working in for my Visual Basic class. It's pretty nice. Other than that, it's the same old crap  :-?