Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837509 times)

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.994)
« Reply #11250 on: 2022-03-27 22:36:22 »
I missed the Comet materia...can I still get it?

Rumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: 2022-03-28 22:59:03 »
Hey,

thanks for this great mod, I'm having a lot of fun playing one of my all time favorites with a decent difficulty and so much new content! I'm nearing the end (playing Type B hard), but now I have a problem: In the Emerald Weapon fight, the fight always freezes at some point. I think it is right after Emerald Weapon starts a countdown (3). No character does any action, neither mine nor the Weapon, the timer keeps ticking though. I ran into a similar problem with the gargoyles in the North Crater, where I just used the Enemy Away Materia... Any ideas what might cause the problem?
« Last Edit: 2022-03-29 16:16:45 by Rumo »

tfinx

• View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: 2022-03-29 05:52:39 »
There should be a line in the options.ini that reads:

[MAIN]
New_Translation = y

change the y to an n; if this line is missing entirely from the newest version then you may need to check in with the reunion discord to find out how to get custom mods to work.

The other thing to watch for is that the name of the mod folder matches what is written in the options.ini:

[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = New_Threat_2.0

hey, thank you! it seems in the more recent reunion installation, the options.ini folder doesn't have the translation line anymore, and it's just

[MAIN]
Enabled = y
Weapon_mode = 1
Fahrenheit = n
Transparent_Battle_Hud = y

but changing "Enabled" does what "New_Translation" did in the past, and things are working properly now! i'm not sure why i didn't just try changing this value before, but i appreciate your help!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: 2022-03-31 16:14:19 »
I missed the Comet materia...can I still get it?

As of patch 2.092, Comet can now be obtained if it was missed from the North Crater (think it's in the left-down path).

Hey,

thanks for this great mod, I'm having a lot of fun playing one of my all time favorites with a decent difficulty and so much new content! I'm nearing the end (playing Type B hard), but now I have a problem: In the Emerald Weapon fight, the fight always freezes at some point. I think it is right after Emerald Weapon starts a countdown (3). No character does any action, neither mine nor the Weapon, the timer keeps ticking though. I ran into a similar problem with the gargoyles in the North Crater, where I just used the Enemy Away Materia... Any ideas what might cause the problem?

If all action stops but the battle is still technically going that usually means an attack ID has been referenced in the AI that the enemy has no set animation for. However, it looks like all attacks are accounted for with Emerald and the Gargoyles from what I can see in the AI and animation data (ran a test of them too to check all their attacks/anims and wasn't able to replicate a softlock). Are there any other mods enabled? These two have special behaviour in how they transition between one form and another (gargoyle) and interact with each other as multiple parts (Emerald) so there may be something tripping it up.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: 2022-03-31 19:00:40 »
was there a reason that aerith is able to use cid's schimitar? . i dont mind it looks cool just wondering

Rumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: 2022-03-31 23:45:05 »
Are there any other mods enabled? These two have special behaviour in how they transition between one form and another (gargoyle) and interact with each other as multiple parts (Emerald) so there may be something tripping it up.

No, this is the only mod on the steam edition of the game.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: 2022-04-02 07:27:35 »
was there a reason that aerith is able to use cid's schimitar? . i dont mind it looks cool just wondering

she can use a few of his weapons. likely as very close in shape to her staffs, and to give her some new weapons as only 2 other weapons for her from the
Spoiler: show
 point in which you made the choice.

« Last Edit: 2022-04-03 15:11:20 by wdx »

hastral

• View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: 2022-04-03 03:37:43 »
i just started playing this , i think imissed the aded steal materia...can I still get it ? .

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: 2022-04-05 00:44:48 »

I figured she needed some extra weapons as she has less than the others; those were closest in style to hers so I set it up that she could use a few of them. I tried to go with the more halberd-looking ones rather than the spears.

No, this is the only mod on the steam edition of the game.

In that case I'm not sure of a possible cause, I'm afraid.

i just started playing this , i think imissed the aded steal materia...can I still get it ? .

I think so, if you go to Yuffie's house then it should be lying on the bed toward the back of the screen; if it isn't, or her house is inaccessible, then let me know and I'll set it to be open if the wutai sidequest wasn't done.

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: 2022-04-05 21:01:24 »
is there a hp cap in this mod, different amount for each character?. i was leveling to take on the weapons , and hit a ceiling.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: 2022-04-06 12:18:20 »
is there a hp cap in this mod, different amount for each character?. i was leveling to take on the weapons , and hit a ceiling.

theres more than one way to increase and decrease your hp values.  a lot of materia will change your hp value.  it is still possible to cap at 9999hp
 however is not necessary nor anywhere near close to being

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: 2022-04-06 20:42:21 »

no i don't mean the 9999 cap, my party is well short of that, as you can see no change in 9-12 levels. Tifa is obviously no problem lol although she does steam roller everything taking the challenge out.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: 2022-04-07 07:45:49 »

no i don't mean the 9999 cap, my party is well short of that, as you can see no change in 9-12 levels. Tifa is obviously no problem lol although she does steam roller everything taking the challenge out.

lucky 7's :O oops ye that will take challenge out alright. if your after using tifa i'd suggest you equip materia that reduces her hp.  think kotr knocks around 30% off. hades 15% mime 5% and all 4% or something like that, or see if you can boost her hp, (max 100%) via hpplus (25%?) dunoo the hp curves. as griding is not required (nor indeed is any exp throughout )

Rumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: 2022-04-07 13:19:28 »
In that case I'm not sure of a possible cause, I'm afraid.

I'm quite sure now it has something to do with the w-attack. I noticed that the fight sometimes froze right between the 2 attacks and tried to remove the materia. No freezes since then, although now I have the problem of dying^^

edit: After beating Emerald Weapon, I reequipped w-attack for the Ruby Weapon fight, same problem here. I guess I have to play the game without this materia.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-08 19:50:28 by Rumo »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: 2022-04-08 00:26:06 »
As of patch 2.092, Comet can now be obtained if it was missed from the North Crater (think it's in the left-down path).

Thanks for the reply SegaChief. I think I'm playing an older version because I cannot find it anywhere in the North Crater...

Please help me with this before I finish the mod:

Where exactly is this 1/35? Log says its in Gold Saucer Sub Prize #5...thought it meant the exchange for GP prize but it...all I got was a carob nut.

I played the Submarine game but only got an elemental materia when I finished it.

Where exactly is it? I truly hope its not giving the carob nut to that Chocobo I just defeated in the Great Glacier :(

Also would like to know about that ???? - Shinra Mansion, Piano the aircrew member talked about...or it is a gag lol?

Thanks in advanced!

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11265 on: 2022-04-08 06:20:18 »

Please help me with this before I finish the mod:

Where exactly is this 1/35? Log says its in Gold Saucer Sub Prize #5...thought it meant the exchange for GP prize but it...all I got was a carob nut.

I played the Submarine game but only got an elemental materia when I finished it.

Where exactly is it? I truly hope its not giving the carob nut to that Chocobo I just defeated in the Great Glacier :(

Also would like to know about that ???? - Shinra Mansion, Piano the aircrew member talked about...or it is a gag lol?

Thanks in advanced!

which version are you playing? the 35th soldier maybe a different one you missed.
 submini game been a thing thou i think throughout the v2.x, its the 5th mission win, ie win all missions, lvl1/2/3/4 and indeed the underwater reactor mission

regards your other question related to the NPC talked about, its not a gag.
 play tifa's tune on  the shinra mansion piano, ignore any 'errors' that you hear

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: 2022-04-10 22:38:15 »
which version are you playing? the 35th soldier maybe a different one you missed.
 submini game been a thing thou i think throughout the v2.x, its the 5th mission win, ie win all missions, lvl1/2/3/4 and indeed the underwater reactor mission

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently, its 2.0 version.

I beat all four levels 1/2/3/4 but a 5th mission doesn't seem to appear...maybe I have to go to Junon and do another mission down there?

Dude I can't believe it. I finished all 4 missions and wanted to try the 3d battle minigame and the game got stuck/froze! Now I gotta do the missions again if I need them for the 1/35 soldier  :-( :-( :-(

regards your other question related to the NPC talked about, its not a gag.
 play tifa's tune on  the shinra mansion piano, ignore any 'errors' that you hear

Wow dude, this one was crazy, thanks a million for the advice :)

« Last Edit: 2022-04-10 22:42:09 by JonJon412 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: 2022-04-11 15:06:41 »

Yeah, each character has a kind of prospective 'max' stat threshold they can reach through level growth; they're not guaranteed to reach that max before they reach lv.99 but on average they'll tend to be very close to it.

Is that a natural 7777 or is that with Materia equipped?

I'm quite sure now it has something to do with the w-attack. I noticed that the fight sometimes froze right between the 2 attacks and tried to remove the materia. No freezes since then, although now I have the problem of dying^^

edit: After beating Emerald Weapon, I reequipped w-attack for the Ruby Weapon fight, same problem here. I guess I have to play the game without this materia.

So W-Attack is the problem; there may be an issue with its targeting flag or something, I'll check into it.

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently, its 2.0 version.

I beat all four levels 1/2/3/4 but a 5th mission doesn't seem to appear...maybe I have to go to Junon and do another mission down there?

Dude I can't believe it. I finished all 4 missions and wanted to try the 3d battle minigame and the game got stuck/froze! Now I gotta do the missions again if I need them for the 1/35 soldier  :-( :-( :-(

Wow dude, this one was crazy, thanks a million for the advice :)

I'll check the 3D-Battler but it's not been changed recently (though I am planning to shorten the points needed to win on it from 10 to 5 for each match). Did you get stuck on the geometry when activating it or did it freeze during the minigame? There are any model/animation mods active or anything?

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: 2022-04-11 19:37:33 »
no tifa has materia equipped, first time i have ever seen it. Just finished this wonderful creation thank you for doing this , a fresh breath into a 20 year old masterpiece  ;D

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: 2022-04-12 18:19:32 »
Hi Sega,

i feel like starting FF7 NT mod again and wanted to ask if there is an estimated release date for version 2.1? Is it maybe coming in the near future?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: 2022-04-12 23:17:47 »
I'll check the 3D-Battler but it's not been changed recently (though I am planning to shorten the points needed to win on it from 10 to 5 for each match). Did you get stuck on the geometry when activating it or did it freeze during the minigame? There are any model/animation mods active or anything?

This is what I'm running atm:

https://ibb.co/ZXPp9cs

Short video of what happens:

https://youtu.be/GU-rc1q8bPo

Segaman...can you tell me where is this last 1/35? Its probably the last thing to get before heading down the crater :(

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: 2022-04-13 16:35:09 »
last 1/35? Its probably the last thing to get before heading down the crater :(
contained within segachiefs documention. if you still can't find, post within spoiler tag the locations where you picked them up from, that would be much easier to signpost the location you missed, i'm still fairly convinced if one only missing as per your previous post, its most likely #8 as you did state that you had to redo that due do a crash.

1) Mythril Mines
2) Junon
3) Gold Saucer, Dio's Museum
4) Gongaga, 2nd floor of General Store
5) Da Chao
6) Great Glacier, Far-West Cave
7) Cosmo Canyon: Bugenhagen's House (3rd Floor)
8) Gold Saucer Sub Prize #5
9) Icicle Inn, Hotel 2nd Floor
10) Gelnika Hallway
11) Nibelheim: Right-hand house, upstairs
12) North Crater: Left-Up Path

ps disable the minigames mod and try again likely won't crash with the 3d battler issue
« Last Edit: 2022-04-13 16:42:36 by wdx »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: 2022-04-13 23:48:11 »
contained within segachiefs documention. if you still can't find, post within spoiler tag the locations where you picked them up from, that would be much easier to signpost the location you missed, i'm still fairly convinced if one only missing as per your previous post, its most likely #8 as you did state that you had to redo that due do a crash.

1) Mythril Mines
2) Junon
3) Gold Saucer, Dio's Museum
4) Gongaga, 2nd floor of General Store
5) Da Chao
6) Great Glacier, Far-West Cave
7) Cosmo Canyon: Bugenhagen's House (3rd Floor)
8) Gold Saucer Sub Prize #5
9) Icicle Inn, Hotel 2nd Floor
10) Gelnika Hallway
11) Nibelheim: Right-hand house, upstairs
12) North Crater: Left-Up Path

ps disable the minigames mod and try again likely won't crash with the 3d battler issue

Thank for the reply man, it is as you said...it has to be #8 because I remember picking up the rest.

Gonna turn off the minigames and see if it works this time.

Btw, just to recap:

When you mentioned the submarine event in the underwater reactor, do you mean the huge materia event or does another event pop out as soon as I beat the 4 levels of the Gold Saucer machines?

I know I beat the 4 levels of the submarine game and since I didn't saw a 5th lvl pop out I tried the 3d battle game asap....you know how that ended lol  ;D

Rumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: 2022-04-14 14:11:26 »
When you mentioned the submarine event in the underwater reactor, do you mean the huge materia event or does another event pop out as soon as I beat the 4 levels of the Gold Saucer machines?

I just collected the 1/35 soldiers, in Wonder Square I did the Mako Reactor Battle, then Level 1 - 4. I got the soldier as reward for Level 4.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: 2022-04-15 05:46:38 »
I just collected the 1/35 soldiers, in Wonder Square I did the Mako Reactor Battle, then Level 1 - 4. I got the soldier as reward for Level 4.

order don't think mattered glad you found the 'missing' soldier :)
how did the 3d battler go after disabling the other mods other than NT?