Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837174 times)

viienjoyer

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.994)
« Reply #11275 on: 2022-04-15 11:21:40 »
Hey first of all thanks for the mod been enjoying it a lot.

I am facing a problem where after all enemies are dead, the battle does not end (Victory Fanfare does not play and party does not do win animation). It is happening only against X-ATM "boss" fight in Mt. Nibel, which I am facing after killing Materia Keeper.

Any advice?

Rumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: 2022-04-15 13:42:02 »
order don't think mattered glad you found the 'missing' soldier :)
how did the 3d battler go after disabling the other mods other than NT?

That wasn't me, I just replied to JonJon412 :)

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: 2022-04-15 18:26:33 »
Hey first of all thanks for the mod been enjoying it a lot.

I am facing a problem where after all enemies are dead, the battle does not end (Victory Fanfare does not play and party does not do win animation). It is happening only against X-ATM "boss" fight in Mt. Nibel, which I am facing after killing Materia Keeper.

Any advice?

have you any other mods running if so try disable them. could also be some enemies maybe missing a death animation, if no death animation and killed via a death inflicting limit (that triggered the death % chance) that can cause issue. not too sure of any other possible causes without seeing a list of what your running.

viienjoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: 2022-04-15 20:11:32 »
have you any other mods running if so try disable them. could also be some enemies maybe missing a death animation, if no death animation and killed via a death inflicting limit (that triggered the death % chance) that can cause issue. not too sure of any other possible causes without seeing a list of what your running.

I am using only it and The Reuinion. I did use Cloud's Finishing Touch on the two Shinra tropes but the X-ATM had normal boss death animation. I will try tomorrow without using that Limit Break then.

UPDATE: Not using "Finishing Touch" fixed it. I guess it has to do with KO/Death like you said..
« Last Edit: 2022-04-16 10:16:05 by viienjoyer »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: 2022-04-16 17:33:39 »
I am using only it and The Reuinion. I did use Cloud's Finishing Touch on the two Shinra tropes but the X-ATM had normal boss death animation. I will try tomorrow without using that Limit Break then.

UPDATE: Not using "Finishing Touch" fixed it. I guess it has to do with KO/Death like you said..

glad it worked out for you ok. to be pretty safe i'd try avoid  some of CIDs limit breaks for boss fights. alongside clouds finishing touch.

aware that CID had that issue in original game with some enemies. however wasn't aware also could be cloud :D

viienjoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11280 on: 2022-04-19 07:16:04 »
I have a question by the way, does it matter if I play the Fort Condor mini game or just wait until they reach the door and battle the boss with the party normally?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: 2022-04-19 13:28:01 »
I have a question by the way, does it matter if I play the Fort Condor mini game or just wait until they reach the door and battle the boss with the party normally?

depends on the way you want to play it... faster to kill enemies thou than wait and fight
Spoiler: show

should take around 60seconds max per fight.. you do NOT get the indivual condor rewards if you let them breach the top. Some rewards have changed vs the original game too

viienjoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: 2022-04-20 08:26:26 »

depends on the way you want to play it... faster to kill enemies thou than wait and fight

should take around 60seconds max per fight.. you do NOT get the indivual condor rewards if you let them breach the top. Some rewards have changed vs the original game too

Nice, are the list of individual rewards documented?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: 2022-04-20 10:42:12 »

I've identified that this is actually an issue with Reunion itself; the Finishing Touch limit disables the processing of death counter scripts (I've passed that info onto Dan after performing some tests and he's working on resolving it). Usually it would only be the 'eject' part of the Limit that would disable death counter scripts, but it seems to not be re-enabled when moving onto the physical damage part of it if the target is KO immune.

Edit: v2.0995 is up:

-) Fixed looping issue in North Crater script
-) Fort Condor: Multiple item reward issue & changed to a clean variable
-) Removed an old flag-altering AI fragment from an enemy
-) Corrected flag for a Hard-mode only drop that wasn't resetting for another drop if on Game Type B
-) Updated Shinra HQ Floor 68 Boss to have same drops/steals/morphs as Type A Boss (had none previously)
-) Fix for receiving EXP & Gil when under No-Exp and Hard Mode for a certain enemy
-) Updated conditions for Cait Sith to appear in Costa Del Sol (prevent appearing too early)
-) Updated ability name for Cactuar's 'escape' ability
-) Removed test battle BG (replaced the train chase battle BG and snuck its way into a release)
-) Issue where multiple Bahamut ZERO Materia could be dug up in Bone Village
-) Adjusted condition needed for alternate scene on the hill with Tifa (Disc 2)
-) Da Chao Type A/B dialogue for Tifa was flipped around
-) Adjusted Type B Junon scene to prevent dialogue showing if a certain character isn't present
-) 3D-Battler minigame in Gold Saucer changed to be first to 5 hits instead of 10
-) Adjusted seating positions for characters on the Submarine (both variants)
-) Improved Save Point position for Whirlwind Maze & SP Upgrade teleport coordinates
-) Added a Triangle ID check for picking up HP Plus Materia to prevent it being picked up from below

Reunion version was renamed slightly to reflect the version; mind to update your Mod_Id in the options.cfg with the same name (New_Threat_Reunion_20995), or rename the NT mod folder to match what you already have in the options.cfg if you prefer.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-20 12:05:02 by Sega Chief »

viienjoyer

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.995)
« Reply #11284 on: 2022-04-20 19:40:48 »
Thanks a lot, I have updated it.

P.S.: I went "New Game" to verify if the latest version successfully installed or not - it still shows 2.0. I assume you forgot to change the script for it (Because yes I did change change the Mod_id).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: 2022-04-21 13:25:49 »
Thanks a lot, I have updated it.

P.S.: I went "New Game" to verify if the latest version successfully installed or not - it still shows 2.0. I assume you forgot to change the script for it (Because yes I did change change the Mod_id).

Yeah, I don't update the in-game text with the version number though I should probably start doing that.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: 2022-04-24 19:00:50 »
I just collected the 1/35 soldiers, in Wonder Square I did the Mako Reactor Battle, then Level 1 - 4. I got the soldier as reward for Level 4.

I knew something was off when this person said Mako Reactor Battle.

That was nowhere to be seen when I tried to play the sub game and all the rewards from the WS didn't made any sense whatsoever.

So when I turned off the Minigames tab, it all went the way it was supposed to...I could even choose the Mako Reactor Battle, something that was not available before.

Thanks a lot to wdx and SegaChief...I was able to collect the last one and now unto the final battle :)

viienjoyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: 2022-04-28 15:37:57 »
Really enjoying it and loving it much though I think steal and morph are very OP and trivialize the whole game's difficulty even on Hard mode. By the way anyone tried the "Hard mod" in Releases? Is it any good?

I also want to know if I could use 60FPS battle with Reunion build of FFVII NT? Would it cause problems?
« Last Edit: 2022-04-28 15:47:25 by viienjoyer »

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: 2022-04-29 00:38:58 »
EDIT: nvm i was reversing cancel and ok lol. i figured it out
so i'm in need of some help with nt 1.5. i'm on disc 3 and got the message about the new threats. i'm trying to get tifa's final limit and i'm playing the piano correctly (i think lol) but nothing happens. i did skip the kalm flashback if that makes a difference. is there something specific i need to do? i have her as leader but it seems even that's not enough. help? thanks!
« Last Edit: 2022-04-29 00:44:26 by TheOmegaFactor »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: 2022-04-29 05:54:21 »
So i'm in need of some help with nt 1.5. i'm on disc 3 and got the message about the new threats. i'm trying to get tifa's final limit and i'm playing the piano correctly (i think lol) but nothing happens. i did skip the kalm flashback if that makes a difference. is there something specific i need to do? i have her as leader but it seems even that's not enough. help? thanks!

Tifa requires to be party leader, if in the highwind OP room and the party leader NPC is not at the right hand side of the room
 then nip down the northren crater until the final meet point (point of no return), should be a NPC that can teleport you back to the highwind

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: 2022-04-29 13:33:24 »
Tifa requires to be party leader, if in the highwind OP room and the party leader NPC is not at the right hand side of the room
 then nip down the northren crater until the final meet point (point of no return), should be a NPC that can teleport you back to the highwind

thanks :) i figured it out though. i was reversing the Cancel and Ok buttons. (aka hitting ok when i should hit cancel and vice versa)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: 2022-05-04 10:43:53 »
Really enjoying it and loving it much though I think steal and morph are very OP and trivialize the whole game's difficulty even on Hard mode. By the way anyone tried the "Hard mod" in Releases? Is it any good?

I also want to know if I could use 60FPS battle with Reunion build of FFVII NT? Would it cause problems?

60fps compat for NT is in the works for 7th heaven; I could try using the 60fps interpolated animations for a 60fps version of Reunion; I'm assuming it'd work. As things are right now, if you use NT with Reunion's 60fps it'll mostly work but any new enemies will seem very sped up.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: 2022-05-07 00:14:23 »
EDIT: never mind i'm an idiot lol. i thought that the one on the front page would look similar to the 1.5 one.
i was wrong lol

so i'm now on NT 2.0 and i can NOT for the life of me find any sort of guide that resembles this one for 1.5 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1sQP1Q6MVrxt1E7ytniaG_OEhN8XqlAH2Srv3iHjLc/edit#gid=1941162602
is there a 2.0 version of it somewhere that i'm just too blind to see?
all i found was a drop guide or whatever on on the front of this mod page :(
nowhere near as informative.
any help would be appreciated :) thanks!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-07 17:16:04 by TheOmegaFactor »

Wadgey

• View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: 2022-05-07 22:41:17 »
Hello, so i'm new to the modding scene and absolutely loving this whole new feel to the game as i've played since the games core release its a breath of fresh air!
however i have just reached the cave after midgar zolom and after talking with elena and rude for some reason i'm getting "unexpected error" when i leave the cave. is there a reason for this and a fix please? i have attempted twice without success which it is very offputting sadly.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: 2022-05-08 05:52:07 »
Hello, so i'm new to the modding scene and absolutely loving this whole new feel to the game as i've played since the games core release its a breath of fresh air!
however i have just reached the cave after midgar zolom and after talking with elena and rude for some reason i'm getting "unexpected error" when i leave the cave. is there a reason for this and a fix please? i have attempted twice without success which it is very offputting sadly.

would need a little more information: such as what mods your running/options (if running any field mods disable them) savefile uploaded might be useful as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11295 on: 2022-05-08 23:41:04 »
EDIT: never mind i'm an idiot lol. i thought that the one on the front page would look similar to the 1.5 one.
i was wrong lol

so i'm now on NT 2.0 and i can NOT for the life of me find any sort of guide that resembles this one for 1.5 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1sQP1Q6MVrxt1E7ytniaG_OEhN8XqlAH2Srv3iHjLc/edit#gid=1941162602
is there a 2.0 version of it somewhere that i'm just too blind to see?
all i found was a drop guide or whatever on on the front of this mod page :(
nowhere near as informative.
any help would be appreciated :) thanks!

There isn't a 2.0 version of the spreadsheet Karsh put together for 1.5.

It sounds like you found the enemy drops spreadsheet but not the DL for the folder containing the 2.0 docs; it's above it:

This issue was reported way back but I was never able to replicate it; my best guess is that there's some condition that needs to be met to cause it. Save file would be handy and a list of any mods or setup information, or the applog.txt that 7th heaven outputs (FFNX also has one if using that); it can be found either by clicking the bottom of the 7th heaven mod loader (will open the applog.txt file) or the FFNX.log file in the game's installation directory.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-08 23:46:31 by Sega Chief »

Big_Wetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: 2022-05-10 03:56:01 »
Hello, I have been playing the mod and I've enjoyed it quite well so far. However, I am encountering what seems to be a glitch right at the end of disc 2, after the Hojo fight. Upon clearing the battle and viewing the scenes after, one of the cutscenes seems to completely softlock the game. The scene where Tifa and Cloud wake up for the second time at the northern crater begins and then immediately gets stuck at the first text box. Cloud begins to say her name and the name gets cut off by the text box and the game is just stuck like that. To note, Tifa's name is set to (Erm...WOW) and only (Erm...WO) is displayed by the box and the game is just frozen in this state.

I have tried reinstalling/repatching the game several times and the issue still occurs. I have also checked that the patcher is running on admin mode as well. Everything else up to that point has showed signs of working perfectly fine, only this has caused problems for me, as I cannot access the rest of the game past the Hojo Fight.

I am playing on game patcher version (steam) and I have never installed any other mods for FF7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As of today I fixed the issue, no longer need help with it, still unsure what caused the problem exactly.

« Last Edit: 2022-05-17 02:37:43 by Big_Wetzel »

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: 2022-05-14 04:41:59 »
Hey all :-D,

I've been trying the NT 2.0995 from a fresh start, in hard mode. Really enjoying the new story events.

So far, i got to the Midgar Sewers (around lvl 15) and the only difference I noticed from Hard Mode beeing On is the 0 Gil (which to honest, I would rather have some gil, maybe half would do).

The regular enemies seem to have the same level and stats (I didn't double check any boss yet). Tested the enemies on the midgar sewers and the beginning sequence.

Is this expected?

Thanks  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2022-05-14 04:45:52 by Aerodynamics »

Wadgey

• View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: 2022-05-21 11:15:14 »
There isn't a 2.0 version of the spreadsheet Karsh put together for 1.5.

It sounds like you found the enemy drops spreadsheet but not the DL for the folder containing the 2.0 docs; it's above it:

This issue was reported way back but I was never able to replicate it; my best guess is that there's some condition that needs to be met to cause it. Save file would be handy and a list of any mods or setup information, or the applog.txt that 7th heaven outputs (FFNX also has one if using that); it can be found either by clicking the bottom of the 7th heaven mod loader (will open the applog.txt file) or the FFNX.log file in the game's installation directory.

I Fixed the issue by not going to the map above where the chat dialog opens with Elena and rude. instead i left the cave and it worked smoothly, tried on 3 tries in a row to see if it was a fluke which it was not, all 3 tries worked great. i tried with my old save file by entering the cave above where Rude and Elena talk with cloud etc. and then left cave which it just black screens. so for anyone who may encounter this problem after encountering Rude and Elena you want to leave the cave completely and then save then re-enter and go into the cave you went past if you would like to grind/loot items from there. 1 being a 1/35 soldier thingy which i'm wondering perhaps that is the bug that causes the blackscreen?

Wadgey

• View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: 2022-05-21 11:17:28 »
Hey all :-D,

I've been trying the NT 2.0995 from a fresh start, in hard mode. Really enjoying the new story events.

So far, i got to the Midgar Sewers (around lvl 15) and the only difference I noticed from Hard Mode beeing On is the 0 Gil (which to honest, I would rather have some gil, maybe half would do).

The regular enemies seem to have the same level and stats (I didn't double check any boss yet). Tested the enemies on the midgar sewers and the beginning sequence.

Is this expected?

Thanks  :wink:

Steal steal steal!  :P when you reach Shinra HQ farm stealing Hardege from soldiers i made myself a hefty 10k Gil by time i reached Karm doing this :)