« on: 2014-07-13 18:29:04 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:39:56 by Jenova's Witness »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: PS1 FF7 questions
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-13 19:42:29 »
Q: What tools should I use to modify accessories, armor, and weapons?

Q: What tools should I use to modify each character's stat growths and starting stats?

Q: What tools should I use to modify materia and their associated abilities?

Wall Market

Q: What tools should I use to modify enemy item drops, morphs, and steals?

Q: What tools should I use to modify enemy stats and abilities?

Q: What tools should I use to modify the stats of chocobos found in each region?

Proud Clod

Q: What tools should I use to modify limit breaks?

Wall Market for some and LiBrE for others.

Q: What are some quick and dirty ways to make enemies more dangerous?

There is no easy way (yet), sadly. There are mods out there that boost the difficulty of the game, such as The New Threat Mod, Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod or The Nightmare Conversion (unfinished yet really difficult).

Q: Are there any hex edits or asm hacks that fix broken things in the PS1 version of FF7? Things like the MDef bug, for instance.

Q: Are there any hex edits or asm hacks that remove the caps for anything chocobo-related?

I think Gemini did something for the MDef bug, didn't find it though. And what do you mean about the caps?

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-13 19:51:32 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:40:07 by Jenova's Witness »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-13 20:06:11 »
I don't know of a way to edit such caps. It's not yet possible (at least not without hex-editing) to edit chocobo stats in the minigame, nor for the condor minigame. About HP and MP limit, Aali's driver has a built-in feature to increase the cap of HP and MP. Materia bonus is hardcoded, though you can change between different hardcoded values in Wall Market.

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-13 20:57:46 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:40:17 by Jenova's Witness »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-13 20:59:42 »
Oh, right, PSX. Nevermind, Aali's driver is only for PC. I forgot.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-14 02:37:14 »
Vgr seems to have provided you with most of the answers you requested.

As far as quick and dirty methods of boosting enemy difficulty - increasing enemy level is a must.  When I modded psx ff7, Proud Clod hadn't yet integrated enemy stat modification - I used the now obsolete Hojo tool.  I don't know how PrC handles changing enemy stats, but I would just go from scene to scene and increase enemy levels, and pretty much each of their stats.  For the enemies from New Game -> Junon or so, you can safely double all their levels (in fact, you may want to triple or quadruple the levels of enemies within Midgar).  The amount by which you decide to increase enemy HP will depend on the changes you make using Wallmarket.  If your team can cause MORE damage earlier in the game as a result of your changes, I'd say at least DOUBLE enemy HP.  If you make Kernel changes that DECREASE your teams damage output, perhaps you'd be safe leaving HP alone and just boosting enemy level and stats.  Dexterity can be a pretty interesting stat to play with for enemies.  Increasing it too much will result in enemies attacking you multiple times per ally turn.  But leaving it unmodified and increasing the other stats could work fairly well.  If this is your first time trying to make a gameplay mod of FF7, I suggest that you don't get too far ahead of yourself or too ambitious - mostly because you can easily multiply the amount of time required to complete your mod by adding two or three great new ideas you have.  Also, you WILL encounter glitches if you HEAVILY mod the kernel and scene files. 

For some hex editing (or gameshark codes) that can add different elements to the game and eliminate the need to make certain file modifications, I suggest you visit Gamehacking.org http://gamehacking.org/?sys=psx&q=F&p=4    Good luck.

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-14 10:17:20 »
If I were gonna make a mod, I'd want to rebalance equipment and materia and do a few other things.  Now that I have Windows installed I can get back into this, so this is my question thread.

Q: What tools should I use to modify accessories, armor, and weapons?

Q: What tools should I use to modify enemy item drops, morphs, and steals?

Q: What tools should I use to modify each character's stat growths and starting stats?

Q: What tools should I use to modify materia and their associated abilities?

Q: What tools should I use to modify limit breaks?

Q: What tools should I use to modify enemy stats and abilities?

Q: What are some quick and dirty ways to make enemies more dangerous?

Q: Are there any hex edits or asm hacks that fix broken things in the PS1 version of FF7? Things like the MDef bug, for instance.

Q: What tools should I use to modify the stats of chocobos found in each region?

Q: Are there any hex edits or asm hacks that remove the caps for anything chocobo-related?

you forgot the selling ribbon and water ring glitch...

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-07-14 10:23:10 »
I think Gemini did something for the MDef bug, didn't find it though. And what do you mean about the caps?

where is this Gemini by the way?

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-07-14 19:20:21 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:40:29 by Jenova's Witness »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #10 on: 2014-07-14 22:42:43 »
What does this entail?

Equipped ribbons are counted as equipped water rings in the shops. This may only happen on the JPN PSX version though.

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-07-15 03:11:53 »
Equipped ribbons are counted as equipped water rings in the shops. This may only happen on the JPN PSX version though.

it also happens in the ntsc u/c, pal and ntsc j (international) in short all of the psx version of final fantasy vii

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-07-15 03:29:03 »
Gemini doesn't come out in the open because he suffers from noobophobia.  He's fearful of requests to teach people how to be 133t h4xx0rz.

that makes me laugh the easiest way is just to ignore those creeps we have more serious problem here than those people. i honestly in debt with his mdef fixes and the codes that he has in his tool. i honestly that well knowledgeable about certain programming. I actually didn't know about HEX. Yet I got how to fix the mdef problem of ffvii international in psx. instead of having his head aches because of those noobs just hit them a simple reply ask somebody else. i read the post it is kind a annoying i was just waiting for that kid to pm me and ask, i don't know if he is reading, ("I KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION NOOB"). but it would take time for me to read it i'm still studying right finishing my bachelor of arts. so if you noob read what i just said be patience if you happened to pm me.

that's all...

anyway thanks hey hey hey for initiating this topic.

I don't know how old this "Gemini" guy here but be mature also. you know yourself many has already was way too glad and appreciate your contributions and "respected you for such" contribution. Just don't make it sound that they win and you lose because of some noobs like the "learner" guy

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 2014-07-15 20:50:38 »
Oh yeah "PS1 questions"

Great job missing that part, me.

Q: Has anyone figured out how to edit the stats of the chocobos you race against in the minigame?

Q: Has anyone figured out how to change the stats (most importantly the speed and number of enemies per "battle") of enemies in the fort condor minigame?

Q: Has anyone figured out how to change the caps on anything else in the game (HP, MP, damage, max bonus granted by the various independent materia, and anything else you can think of)?

1) Not that I know of and I think I would know. It's either handled in the .exe where the item prize names and chocobo names are stored OR in the actual minigame files but that's not very likely.

2) I changed the stats for my N7 mod but speed and number of enemies was beyond me (and whoever told me how to change the stats and cost). From what I remember, the enemies are directly tied to when they appear and where, which means you'd need to edit the entire apperance script, which might be problematic because there might not be empty space to do that.

3) HP and MP limit as well as damage limit is handled by the Menu Overhaul mod. My N7 mod changes all materia stats if you want a look at them, this is handled in the .exe (seems I missread. I don't think anyone knows this but NFITC1 might know or be able to find it) - Not sure what else you could be thinking off.

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-07-15 21:05:09 »
Hex editor: i use HXD
ASM :To see the code LemAsm and to change code use Armips
Damage cap: its necesary modify Battle.X file and Batini.X (modify batini if you want the healing magic and item cause more than 9999)
HP,MP and materia bonus: in the elf file of the iso, i removed HP, MP cap and change the materia bonus but i do this in the spanish version of the game.
Sorry for my bad english

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2015-05-10 11:57:17 »
ASM :To see the code LemAsm and to change code use Armips

wow.. i had a question on how you used LemAsm in psx rom??? wasn't LemAsm only for N64 rom?

sorry i kinda busy to read the post here i'm also a busy man...

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2015-05-15 07:53:17 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:40:44 by Jenova's Witness »