Author Topic: Need Help: Cant Play FF8.. Non G-Force  (Read 4271 times)

khevs17

Need Help: Cant Play FF8.. Non G-Force
« on: 2011-03-10 13:55:02 »
HI ALL

I need help regarding the PC Ver FF8, this what happen. I install the game and i was successful. when the main FF8 menu appears then click on New Game the screen will turn to black then nothing happen.

Laptop Specs

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
Ram - 4GB
Video Card - Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
DirectX 11
Direct 3D Acceleration is Enable

I Check the FF8 Configuration V1.0 and the 8-bit palette texture is fail.

What do i need to do in order for me to play the game.. is it withe video card? is there any other way.

Thank You..

endlessdamage

• View Profile
Re: Need Help: Cant Play FF8.. Non G-Force
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-10 14:45:39 »
The 8-bit textures failing is no big deal, some stuff on the world map doesnt look 100% but it wouldnt stop the game from starting. Did you install Squaresofts 1.2 patch? Are you using Aali's driver?

khevs17

« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-16 16:18:16 »
Hi,

Thanks for the response..

I tried installing the 1.2 patch and EAXUnified.exe still not working it tells me to that wrong disc or i need to insert Disc 1..

Aali's Driver i really dont know how to do it..

after i download that i file i cant open the "ff8_opengl.cfg" its looking for a compatible program and it open in MS word..

Can you help me? what do you need to know..

Thanks..

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-16 19:13:42 »
Hi,

Thanks for the response..

I tried installing the 1.2 patch and EAXUnified.exe still not working it tells me to that wrong disc or i need to insert Disc 1..

Aali's Driver i really dont know how to do it..

after i download that i file i cant open the "ff8_opengl.cfg" its looking for a compatible program and it open in MS word..

Can you help me? what do you need to know..

Thanks..

wrong disc? there are usually only as few things that can cause that, pirated versions usually do that, maybe the disc also has some damage on it, etc.

khevs17

« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-17 13:43:37 »
sorry.. i successfully install the game.. when i click on New Game it tells me to insert disc 1..  :-X

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-17 16:16:02 »
well a lot of the time (it was the case for me) the hardware, or Operating System is just too new to run this old software. In these cases Aali's driver is required. Its also a big improvement! To use it simply extract the files into your ff8 install directory and open the .cfg file using notepad and edit the settings the way you like them. I haven't used it with 8 but from what I understand 8 does not have a config .exe so that should be everything you need to get it fired up.

khevs17

« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-20 12:49:25 »
what do i need to Edit? I just want to play the game.. everytime i click on new game it tells me to insert disc 1 disc or wrong disc.. please help..

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-20 13:27:55 »
well do you have disc one in your drive? the game won't play without a disc. If you do then maybe you should try to reinstall or perhaps your disc is scratched

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-03-25 10:43:06 »
If you still get this problem with the disc in the drive, you might have to verify that the registry-entry is pointing to the correct drive. Not the brightest move to put the path to the data-drive in the registry, but there you go. I'm currently on a machine running only Linux, so I don't trust myself to navigate the registry for you, but search for 'datadrive' or 'Square Soft, Inc' (or only 'Square') and you should get there eventually. It'll be one of several keys in the right pane.