Read this first! > Announcements and site development

Should we rearrange the forum by game?

(1/4) > >>

obesebear:
So, we had a thought to rearrange the forum so that each game FF7, FF8, and FF9 each had their own board.  Within each board would be the typical graphical, audio, gameplay boards (each of which would also have a child board for releases.)

It's definitely going to take a bit of time to implement, but is this even something people would want or find helpful?  General and Completely Unrelated and Troubleshooting would remain independent.
We would also need to have a catch all forum for the occasional FFX or Xenogears project. I figure all FF7 compilation stuff would fall within FF7.

Just trying to make the forum more user friendly.

Koby:
I'm fine either way, but I voted yes.

nfitc1:
It's six of one and half a dozen of another the way it is now. We have dedicated boards for project types which are subdivided into games. You're suggesting boards for games subdivided into project types. I've thought we need to further divide the subboards into release, WIP and actual support of each of these categories. That way all releases can be found in one place not cluttered by people asking questions or WIP projects. I like the flow of the idea that you've got pictured

--- Code: ---FFVII
|-> Graphics
|      |-> Release
|      |-> WIP
|      |-> Support
|-> Audio

--- End code ---

I'm voting yes for this.

obesebear:
I like it
--- Quote from: NFITC1 on 2020-06-24 22:38:31 ---It's six of one and half a dozen of another the way it is now. We have dedicated boards for project types which are subdivided into games. You're suggesting boards for games subdivided into project types. I've thought we need to further divide the subboards into release, WIP and actual support of each of these categories. That way all releases can be found in one place not cluttered by people asking questions or WIP projects. I like the flow of the idea that you've got pictured

|-> Graphics
|      |-> Release
|      |-> WIP
|      |-> Support
|-> Audio

--- End code ---

I'm voting yes for this.

--- End quote ---
I like it

sl1982:
This makes the most sense to me honestly

--- Quote from: NFITC1 on 2020-06-24 22:38:31 ---It's six of one and half a dozen of another the way it is now. We have dedicated boards for project types which are subdivided into games. You're suggesting boards for games subdivided into project types. I've thought we need to further divide the subboards into release, WIP and actual support of each of these categories. That way all releases can be found in one place not cluttered by people asking questions or WIP projects. I like the flow of the idea that you've got pictured

|-> Graphics
|      |-> Release
|      |-> WIP
|      |-> Support
|-> Audio

--- End code ---

I'm voting yes for this.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page