Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

FFVII: Changing Weapon Damage formulas

(1/7) > >>

nejay:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a gameshark code to change the damage formulas on wepons for the PSX version.  I wanted to change arround some of the ultimate weapons.  I have searched many different sites but have never come accross codes for it. I came across this http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Damage_Calculation, where the ultimate weapons fomulas are the last ones (AX) but I do not know how to make a code out of it.

Tenko Kuugen:
just use wallmarket?
see the tool section

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: KuugenTheFox on 2011-10-05 14:02:07 ---just use wallmarket?
see the tool section

--- End quote ---

There's an interesting feature. Convert changes to Gameshark codes... That could get pretty long. I don't know how GS codes work anyway.

nejay:
Thanks, the wallmarket program is cool.  I figured out the gameshark code to change the damage formulas using info from this site and some other gameshark codes.  I wanted the gameshark code because I like playing on the old PS sometimes. I know the Lion Editor (which is a game editor for Final Fantasy Tactics similar to Wallmarket) has a feature that shows the gameshark code when something is edited but it seems like the coding for FF7 has more to it then FFT.

Bosola:
If you want to mod the PSX version, just insert your updated KERNEL.BIN into an ISO with a tool like CDMage.

As for the Gameshark, I don't *actually* know *how* it works. Perhaps there's a common hook to all PSX executables (eg a common set of opcodes for frame drawing), and the device just arbitrarily adds some asm that manually handles the addresses to commandeer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version