Author Topic: Unused FF7 text...  (Read 4315 times)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« on: 2003-11-10 11:23:53 »
Hi!

I was using Ficedula's Cosmo to look at some of the backgrounds, and I noticed that at the scene where you steal the Tiny Bronco, there is some text that is meant to be shown. It has your party arguing on who flies the plane, and Rufus telling the soldier to fire at the plane. Are these text present in the PSX FF7? I haven't played the PSX version in ages and can't remember. That isn't the only one that I found, either...  :-?

Are these just text that Square forgot to remove, or decided not to use? It wouldn't be the fact that it has a problem showing text over movies, either. If you all remember back to the movie showing Nibelheim, it shows text over that movie...  :-?

Has anybody else found extra text somewhere, except from little Aeris extracts that weren't removed fully.  :-?

xeriouxi.

Synergy Blades

Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-10 13:05:22 »
The only one I remember is the Yuffie text at the point where you look at the Zolom killed by Sephiroth, when it's not actually possible to get Yuffie in your party at that point, cos there's no forests around (in Cosmo it's "sichi").

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-11 03:54:45 »
Quote from: xeriouxi
Hi!

I was using Ficedula's Cosmo to look at some of the backgrounds, and I noticed that at the scene where you steal the Tiny Bronco, there is some text that is meant to be shown. It has your party arguing on who flies the plane, and Rufus telling the soldier to fire at the plane. Are these text present in the PSX FF7? I haven't played the PSX version in ages and can't remember. That isn't the only one that I found, either...  :-?

Are these just text that Square forgot to remove, or decided not to use? It wouldn't be the fact that it has a problem showing text over movies, either. If you all remember back to the movie showing Nibelheim, it shows text over that movie...  :-?

Has anybody else found extra text somewhere, except from little Aeris extracts that weren't removed fully.  :-?

xeriouxi.

There is no movie at that point where the conversation happens.

And yes the conversation is in the game.. Cid wins the arguement always I believe too.
:)

Cyb

Jedimark

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-11 10:17:32 »
Thats odd. I'm pretty sure I've never had that argument when I've played it Cyb.

atzn

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #4 on: 2003-11-11 17:25:38 »
Cyb is right..... IIRC Cid did argue on whoever should fly the Bronco (And then he complains on how badly damaged the Bronco is).

Jedimark

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #5 on: 2003-11-11 18:00:11 »
<Goes to my playstation> Nope. Doesn't happen for me.

Sephiroth2000

Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #6 on: 2003-11-12 04:37:28 »
Works for me...

Jedimark

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #7 on: 2003-11-12 08:35:03 »
Cyb and Seph, what version of FFVII do you have? Is it PAL? That's the version I have. I'm wondering if there is a change there. Also maybe you have to have done something before hand to activate that conversation?

Sephiroth2000

Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #8 on: 2003-11-13 06:23:31 »
Yep, PAL. No, from what i know you gotta have Vincent and Tifa in ur party, but that's only what i did.

Jedimark

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #9 on: 2003-11-13 17:42:55 »
Oh I never play with them in my party anyway...

lasyan3

• View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #10 on: 2003-11-28 22:03:11 »
Hi guys, I have the PSX PAL and US versions, and I can tell you for sure that some dialogs are not used in the game ! However, I don't know if the text that you are speaking about are shown or not.

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Unused FF7 text...
« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-04 13:23:55 »
There IS some of unused text in the game. For example in ancnt3 or 4, in scene when Cloud is attacking Aeris, there's a dialog:

[Aeris]
Stay back!

And it ISN'T in game. I'm pretty sure that there are some other dialogs that aren't used (when I checked dialog files with my editor, there was some of them).