Author Topic: Patch/Mod chooser exist?  (Read 3744 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
Patch/Mod chooser exist?
« on: 2008-06-22 09:59:27 »
If any of you have ever played Oblivion for the PC then you know what I'm talking about.
Well I was wondering if there was a program that ran when you opened FF7. Which you could choose what patches you want to use.
Maybe you could have a folder in the Final Fantasy VII directory called Patches. And inside you had a folder for each patch.
For example.
________
--------------
Final Fantasy VII
------------
Sephiroth Patch
World_us.lgp
Kernal 2.bin

Then in the chooser it would come up as Sephiroth Patch, not as Char.lgp or battle.lgp
Also you would have a folder called original so you could choose which one you'd want.
I think this would work if you where to make FF7 read those files from those directories.
And also maybe you could make a "merge" function so you could use some files from some patches and others from a different one.

Heres a picture of the Oblivion Menu,

And heres an edited picture of what I'm thinking it could look like

Thank you! :P

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Re: Patch/Mod chooser exist?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-22 10:02:46 »
That kinda program would be nice instead of always uninstalling the game.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-22 11:43:20 »
So does anybody know if this is possible?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-22 13:09:11 »
I don't think it would be possible, because the Oblivion one is an option in the main menu, seemingly meaning you would like a whole new option added to the FFVII main menu.  I personally don't think it's possible, but then again, I never thought to play FFVII with Sonic chasing Metal Sonic either.

You never know. ;-)

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-22 13:14:41 »
I don't think it would be possible, because the Oblivion one is an option in the main menu, seemingly meaning you would like a whole new option added to the FFVII main menu.  I personally don't think it's possible, but then again, I never thought to play FFVII with Sonic chasing Metal Sonic either.

You never know. ;-)

Yeah well, if you can't add it as a new menu then maybe add it to config, or make a whole new program itself

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-22 21:06:04 »
You have many different type of patches available for the game : ones that modify the exe and have to be installed in a specific order, registry hacks, lgp replacements, patching tools.

While not impossible to pull off, it would require a great amount of work to get everything working together.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-22 21:07:28 »
I don't really see a need for it, as it's no moer awkward to just install the patches independantly, outside the game.  I can't see a patcher menu inside the game being that much more useful.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-23 03:19:46 »
Asking for this game to have a mod switcher like an Elder Scrolls game is asking for a bit much. Those games are designed to be modded from the ground up, and the developers create the game with the very tool they let the players use to mod the game.