Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2430748 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #650 on: 2013-04-23 22:13:24 »
sorry but all the files says Invalid or Deleted File. i already checked all the links ... dont work :(

Are you clicking on the links called FILE in my above post? Because they work just fine for me, all 3 of them. The QHIMM link takes you to the original thread, and all its download links are broken as you describe.

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2013-04-23 22:38:05 »
as far as i know bootleg isnt a "installed program" its just a zip file i dont click yes or anything so i cant install it, so therefore i couldnt uninstall it. yes i am aware now it makes registry and temp admin entries and i deleted them each time, yes i click your links, i now have all the mods. but bootleg for some reason, not the mods themselves, but bootleg itself makes it so chipsets will not work. using them one at a time, im done modding now, i have my ff7 fully modded, i just had to use the mods 1 at a time instead of using bootleg to do it, when i do them one at a time i can use all mods in the torrent, so my questions are nulled all i have to say is for future no graphics card users, with intel or (just about any) chipset users, don't use bootleg at all, its completely 100% graphics card dependent and you should download the mods 1 at a time from the "big list of ff7 mods" link in the tuterial.  extract and use the read me file to install manually. use high wind to add to your lgp archives. the aalies lgp/unlgp is now banned or not supported. (at least in my state) i cant find it on google. this worked for me.

also i might add that at one point in time bootleg did actually work one time, and installed all the mods, but just that once. after i uninstalled all the game and deleted registry and temp files it never worked again. this way is a tad longer but if you copy your original ff7 into a random folder its actually easier. you can mess up infinite times with any mod and just delete all the files in squaresoft and copy your copy back into that folder. this is what i did and now i have the ac models and all that i posted a wile ago.

also i would like to give a thanks to the people who made the mods and torrents themselves i never thought id play a childhood game in such good graphics! the creators of phoenix rebirth patch especially that was the first and easiest mod to install, i just downloaded it took one second, read this guide very easy to do instructions http://www.instructables.com/id/Final-Fantasy-7-mods/step2/Phoenix-Rejuvenation-Project/, replaced my char lgp and world lgp with the ffprp ones (use the link i just gave you very easy instructions) and my game was fully modded 100% with no glitches. avalanche also! this mod was very fast to install and works 100% so far. all you do is click yes, thats the only thing you do for that mod and it adds alot, no glitches what so ever even using a chipset. on top of those 2 i used the uo3 installer program, which is basicly from what i see as another bootleg.exe program, this also works with no graphics card. not as easy as phoenix patch and avalanche (some mods appear as white shapes depending on d3d and aalis graphics custom) but still works if you do trial and error. the "reshaded" section is my favorite part of this mod installer. thanks to all of you for your hard work. also eq2 for the torrent of the mods, altho bootleg itself didnt work except that one time and is mostly graphics card dependent the torrent was fast and gave me some of the mods i needed =D ty
« Last Edit: 2013-04-23 23:12:26 by RedTowerScissor »

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2013-04-24 05:26:17 »
Are you clicking on the links called FILE in my above post? Because they work just fine for me, all 3 of them. The QHIMM link takes you to the original thread, and all its download links are broken as you describe.

yes downloaded all and installed them ... but still crashing ... thats mean i need to reinstall again and lose my saved data u.u?

a question ... i know condor fort is for get materia phoenix ... if i dont go to fort condor on the future can i continue the game?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-24 05:31:07 by cloud15 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2013-04-24 11:08:35 »
Backup the folder called "save" before you uninstall. After your new install, copy/paste the save folder back into the main installation folder.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2013-04-24 23:33:38 »
Does anyone have any issues with the master materia?
cause when i add them with black chocobo it won't come up as "Master Magic, Command and Summon"
intead i get coin, banish and flash in place of where i put the master ones.
unless black chocobo is the problem itself which i don't think it could...
cause most everything else works fine
help?
thanks in advance

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2013-04-24 23:54:22 »
You're playing the Hardcore Difficulty Mod, which changes the Master Materia to those 3 you stated.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2013-04-25 00:00:17 »
o.o DOH!!!!!!!!!
oh well...
thanks for the quick relpy :D

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2013-04-27 02:36:12 »
ok, i unistalled all the game, and reisntalled it .... but found new problem tryig to enter to the game  ...i cant play
http://sadpanda.us/images/1560647-Q90A6WK.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/images/1560667-NLE2CYU.jpg  ( is a spanish message i tried to translate it: termination signal sent to the process "ff7music.exe" with PID 3232.)

can you help me please?

Backup the folder called "save" before you uninstall. After your new install, copy/paste the save folder back into the main installation folder.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-27 02:44:08 by cloud15 »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2013-04-27 05:00:45 »
Hi cloud15,

As the "Postprocessing initialization failed" already indicates the used filter is not working for you.
You can try a different filter or postprocessing it off entirely.

Open the file "ff7_opengl.cfg" with notepad, look for the line "enable_postprocessing = on", replace it with "enable_postprocessing = off" and save this.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2013-04-27 10:21:06 »
just found "enable_postprocessing = yes" and i replaced it with "no or off" AND STILL NOT WORKING

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2013-04-28 01:28:35 »
i reinstalled it once more time and still failing :( ... what happened? the game worked before on my pc
« Last Edit: 2013-04-28 01:38:36 by cloud15 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2013-04-28 02:36:48 »
Post your APP.log

I can't see your screen to see how you replaced "enabled_postprocessing = yes" but your wording sounds as if you replaced it incorrectly. It needs to be replaced with "enable_postprocessing = no". Did you also file -> save before closing?

You can do these same things in Bootloader by clicking on the Configure button. Under the Main tab, leave Postprocessing unchecked. Under the plugins tab, the Post-processing Shader section has a drop-down menu for all the different plugins. Try the Disabled option first. Make sure to click the Write CFG button in the top right before closing the Configuration window. If the game launches, then try going down the list of plugins until you find a stable shader that you're satisfied with.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2013-04-28 02:56:44 »
this is the app.log?

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6530D 4.1.11005 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 9280x860, output resolution 1146x860, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2013-04-28 03:00:27 »
Well i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again ...
http://sadpanda.us/images/1563317-23DPCTJ.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/images/1563321-XZB6WOT.jpg (tried it and still dont working) :(

Post your APP.log

I can't see your screen to see how you replaced "enabled_postprocessing = yes" but your wording sounds as if you replaced it incorrectly. It needs to be replaced with "enable_postprocessing = no". Did you also file -> save before closing?

You can do these same things in Bootloader by clicking on the Configure button. Under the Main tab, leave Postprocessing unchecked. Under the plugins tab, the Post-processing Shader section has a drop-down menu for all the different plugins. Try the Disabled option first. Make sure to click the Write CFG button in the top right before closing the Configuration window. If the game launches, then try going down the list of plugins until you find a stable shader that you're satisfied with.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2013-04-28 03:04:08 »
or this is the log?

# ff7_opengl-0.7.11b config file - modified by Bootleg

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 9280
window_size_y = 860
#internal_size_x = 3840
#internal_size_y = 2160
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no

#window_pos_x = -1
#window_pos_y = -1
#widescreen_hack = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = bootleg

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes
refresh_rate = 60

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no
#new_hp_limit = yes
#new_mp_limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
enable_postprocessing = no
post_source = shaders/Bloom2.post
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag
frag_source = shaders/main.frag
vert_source = shaders/main.vert

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes
#enable_lighting = yes
#show_light_rays = yes
#show_normals = yes
#show_tbn_space = yes
#max_lights = 6

#Variable Functions#
#specular_fog = yes
#texture_scale_bias = 1
#texture_coordinate_clamp = yes
#pixel_texture_bits = 32
#generate_mipmap = yes
#detail_texture = yes
#shader_precision = yes
#tessellation_program5 = yes
#multisample_coverage = yes
#multisample_filter_hint = yes
#texture_filter_anisotropic = yes
#texture_edge_clamp = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no
skip_frames = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = no

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = yes
use_vbo = yes

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = on

# Load Multiple DLLs
load_library = Multi.dll

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2013-04-28 05:07:44 »
Hi guys,

I've been trying multiple times to get the FFX overhaul working but nothing seems to help. I've installed all the combinations I can think of, just clicking the FFX overhaul, the style selector etc but to no avail and I've made sure to uncheck the break 9999 box as per the instructions. The Ctrl+F6 did do SOMETHING to the battle menu but certainly didn't do what it's meant to, now only one character's ATB/HP/Name is on the bar (luckily I have a save before I implemented it so I should be able to at least go back to the way it was before).

As always, thank you for any help you can provide. It's hard to imagine that there's still so much great work being put into this game by you modders :)

Sed

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2013-04-28 06:31:02 »
Hi cloud15,

your app.log looks as if UAC is still active.
Disable UAC or use my patch.

A resolution of 9280 in width is a bit much, I think ;D
"Refresh rate" checkbox you should omit. The game should decide how fast should be the monitor itself.
The "Auto Mount" feature works for me not good, the unit is registered slower than the game wants a disk. You can log in manually the disk previously.

@ PitBrat
# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no
#new_hp_limit = yes
#new_mp_limit = yes

I do not want to nag, but "new_hp_limit" and "new_mp_limit" needs pure numbers, not yes or no (only if "break_9999limit = yes").

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2013-04-28 12:22:14 »
and... what is UAC for?  i dont undertand .... what should change, can you explain please?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2013-04-28 15:09:13 »
UAC is built into windows and gives you trouble whenever you try to change or install something. Disable it by going to Control Panel->User Accounts and Safety->User Accounts->Change User Account Control Settings and then turn the slider all the way to the bottom.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2013-04-28 15:19:06 »
are you talking about this: ? http://sadpanda.us/images/1564727-GGWZKNF.jpg

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2013-04-28 15:21:16 »
did it and the game still not working

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2013-04-28 15:32:25 »
Yes, that's the right thing. Try uninstalling and reinstalling with UAC disabled. Also, instead of double posting, edit your last post using the modify button.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-28 15:33:56 by [CleverNameHere] »

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2013-04-28 15:35:17 »
my pc always got it disabled it ... 2 weeks ago i installed the game and work it good ... my problem started with the FORT CONDOR ( the game crash it when i start a battle inside fort condor) ... then i uninstallled and reinstalled the game and  ff7 started to fail

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2013-04-28 17:18:50 »
UAC is built into windows and gives you trouble whenever you try to change or install something.
;D I have had no problems with UAC, also not with other games  ;D

are you talking about this: ? http://sadpanda.us/images/1564727-GGWZKNF.jpg
Yes, and as I see you've even made ​​a step higher...
I strongly recommend to use my patch, then UAC should work properly again with FF7.

my pc always got it disabled it ... 2 weeks ago i installed the game and work it good ... my problem started with the FORT CONDOR ( the game crash it when i start a battle inside fort condor) ... then i uninstallled and reinstalled the game and  ff7 started to fail
Perhaps only the "condor.lgp" was broken.
Somewhere the original file to a backup folder might be, you can then copy it back to the appropriate place.

Edit: Did you also change the resolution?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-28 17:30:28 by Kompass63 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2013-04-28 19:05:51 »
When you say "uninstalled and reinstalled," did you delete the old game folder before you reinstalled? The FF7 uninstaller doesn't get rid of the mods, so they remain there afterwards. If you then try to reinstall to that same location, problems can occur.