Author Topic: 20 fps while recording FFVII  (Read 5186 times)

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
20 fps while recording FFVII
« on: 2015-09-29 13:05:05 »
so i recently upgraded to windows 10 awhile ago. and i resumed my nightmare play through and wanted to finish recording the midgar part (as it's the only part worth recording lol) so i started up the game no issue, started recording,.....what? only 20fps? dafuq? so i stop recording. 30fps...WHAT? the hell is going on?
it's gotta be 1 of the the following, Win10, mirillis action(the recorder), or FFVII... now i'll mention that it WAS working fine...like back before i went to 10(i think?)
so maybe it's my os....or maybe it's my pc getting bogged down by whatever idek....
so what i'ma do i'm gonna try this on my laptop and see if it still lags. (come to think of it, it's GOTTA be my pc...as i didn't format my ssd before going to 10...and it's been acting slower for awhile now. and this may be a 3-4 year old pc but it's got like 3k usd worth of parts in it lol)
i'll let you guys know after i install FFVII on my laptop and mod it lol
but while i'm doing that, anyone else have this kinda issue?
thanks!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: 20 fps while recording FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-29 13:45:58 »
I've never tried Mirillis Action, but have you considered checking out other recording software to see if the problem persists? OBS is free and might be worth trying it in.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-29 15:17:04 »
This might be part of the broken ff7 limiter that's being exaggerated.  You aren't ever actually getting 30fps in play either (and you will never ever get 30 while recording FF7 no matter what system you have or capture program you have).  Try doing this>

Download Ochu and set Field 60, Battle 15, World 60  in the fps options.  Then get a capture program that can limit the framerate for you (like fraps or dxtory.  I am  not sure about the one you are using) and let that limit to 30.   You should then get a perfect play through.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-29 16:29:27 »
ok so i tried OBS and it does the same thing... so looks like i should just redo my system. (shoulda done that to begin with when i upgraded to 10 but meh lol)
oh and Ochu wouldn't let me change the values of the field/battle/world (that or i'm doing it wrong somehow...)
thanks guys for the tips

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2015-09-29 17:20:31 »
Just a heads up, I read format and SSD in the same sentence. Don't ever format an SSD cause it kills the lifespan of it. I'd recommend not recording your videos to SSD either as that's a ton of writing going on.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-09-29 20:49:11 »
The amount of writing needed to wreck an SSD drive is far more than any ordinary person could really do.  I've abused this one I have here for 2 years and it's still great.  A full format of an SSD or any drive is usually futile unless there are some serious errors with the drive.  A quick format will do no damage whatsoever.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-09-29 20:52:33 »
Keep in mind SSDs have improved a lot over the past few years. Not only can they withstand more writes than ever, but they've got built-in wear leveling to really get the most out of their lifespan, and as they get bigger, that wear leveling becomes more and more effective.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2015-09-29 22:55:33 »
Ahh, okies :)

I remember getting my first SSD about 5 years ago and read about all the horrors of formatting and too much writing. I'm a little outdated with knowing what's up with SSD's now a days.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-09-30 04:05:30 »
well for starters, my ssd is only bout a year old MAYBE two and has only had a few reformats if that
i don't do it often as i HATE IT with a burning passion lol.
secondly i don't record the vids to it i have 4 other slaves (yes that is NOT a typo or an exaggeration lol. i literally have 3 3tb slaves and 1 1tb slave XD) that i can save them to :D
and thirdly i figured out my issue, it was the type of format i was recording in. i had it set to mp4. i should have set it to mp4 (amd app)  (not sure what the difference is but the stuttering ceased none the less)
id LIKE to say i regret reformatting, BUT my pc is sooooo much faster now lol. albeit still dealing with minor issues that i think i have fixed anyway.
thanks all for the help! appreciate it <3 :D