Author Topic: 7H Not Launching FF7 "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  (Read 1644 times)

Zikeagez

• View Profile
Hey y'all I've been playing New Threat through 7th heaven, and have made it towards the end. I'm actually at the North Crater and was about to start working towards all of the end game fun stuff... But as of today I cannot get the game to launch. I have tried:

Restarting my computer
Running the game with every mod except New Threat deactivated (as well as new threat deactivated)
Running the default steam version (Game launches fine)
Checking to see that dpad emulation is turned off (suggested in another thread)
I'm not really sure what else to attempt to fix the launching issue.

The only thing different between yesterday and today is the fact that I have a new GPU in my system... could that have somehow caused a weird issue in my launch? No idea... I will paste the log file below.... everything seems fine until the error at the very end, but I am not sure how to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

15:23:22|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 is not running ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 .exe exists at S:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying installed game is compatible ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying English game files exist ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game is full/max install ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Creating missing required directories ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying additional files for 'battle' and 'kernel' folders exist ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying all movie files exist ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying music files exist ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying ff7 exe ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking a profile is active ...
15:23:23|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod load order requirements ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc ...
15:23:24|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to find game disc ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
15:23:24|INFO|_7thHeaven.Code.GameDiscMounter|   attempting to mount iso at S:\ff7 seventh heaven\7th Heaven\Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc after mounting ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Found game disc at E:\ ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Applying changed values to registry ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Copying ff7input.cfg to FF7 path ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   using control configuration file [Default] Steam KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   Copying S:\ff7 seventh heaven\7th Heaven\Resources\Controls\[Default] Steam KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg -> S:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg ...
15:23:24|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Creating Runtime Profile ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   adding paths to monitor ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Copying EasyHook.dll to FF7 path (if not found or older version detected) ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   skipped copying EasyHook.dll ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   skipped copying EasyHook32.dll ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking if Reunion mod is installed ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   found: False
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Launching additional programs to run (if any) ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Writing temporary runtime profile file to C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp88BC.tmp ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Attempting to inject with EasyHook ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Getting FF7 proc ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Starting programs for mods ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Starting plugins for mods ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Setting up FF7 .exe to stop plugins and mod programs after exiting ...
15:23:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Waiting for FF7 window to be visible (120 seconds max) ...
15:23:26|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Waiting for FF7 .exe to respond (120 seconds max) ...
15:23:26|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Successfully launched FF7!
15:23:26|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Auto unmounting game disc ...
15:23:27|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Stopping other programs for mods started by 7H ...
15:23:27|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Auto unmounting game disc ...
15:23:27|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher.<>c.<LaunchGame>b__30_5(Object o, EventArgs e) in G:\Recovered\Personal\Tsunamods\src\7th-Heaven\SeventhHeavenUI\Classes\GameLauncher.cs:line 780
« Last Edit: 2022-02-05 20:01:22 by Zikeagez »