Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 276218 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
You can replace the "i" with the buster sword.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore, Aerith Revival
« Reply #76 on: 2012-10-11 04:03:00 »
The logo is already made and I'm satisfied with it, so unless raven really wants to revise it, it'll stay as is, sorry Leon
« Last Edit: 2012-10-12 00:11:16 by Tenko Kuugen »

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
I made that background based on kuugen's preference, so it really depends on kuugen..
But we discussed and agreed before to exclude the buster sword from the logo so I think there wont be revisions on it.. sorry..

@kuugen the other Logo we talked about will have to wait.. I'm still on my work trip.. I'll be home tomorrow.. I already have the image but I still need to cut it up and test ingame to make sure it works perfectly before sending it. :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #78 on: 2012-10-11 04:34:10 »
I made that background based on kuugen's preference, so it really depends on kuugen..
But we discussed and agreed before to exclude the buster sword from the logo so I think there wont be revisions on it.. sorry..

@kuugen the other Logo we talked about will have to wait.. I'm still on my work trip.. I'll be home tomorrow.. I already have the image but I still need to cut it up and test ingame to make sure it works perfectly before sending it. :)

You don't have to hurry yourself so much. It took 8 months to get to this point, so don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-12 00:11:11 by Tenko Kuugen »

whitERaven

• View Profile
Copy, I just don't like making people wait, LoL it kinda give me this uncomfortable feeling .. I'll be sure to complete it when I have time, :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
It has come to my attention that your inclusion of the OVA remake was done without permission. So I am giving you the opportunity to either get his express permission or remove it from your release. If I do not hear that this has been resolved shortly I will have to remove this from the site.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #81 on: 2012-10-11 18:33:06 »
It has come to my attention that your inclusion of the OVA remake was done without permission. So I am giving you the opportunity to either get his express permission or remove it from your release. If I do not hear that this has been resolved shortly I will have to remove this from the site.

Replacing the version here with a no-OVA version
I am free to do whatever elsewhere, right?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-12 00:11:05 by Tenko Kuugen »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: 2012-10-11 22:13:45 »
Done disabling the events
that was.. surprisingly easy.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-12 00:10:48 by Tenko Kuugen »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Replacing the version here with a no-OVA version
I am free to do whatever elsewhere, right?

I have no control over what you do elsewhere, but releasing it with OVA elsewhere is in poor taste.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #84 on: 2012-10-12 00:14:27 »
Kicking up a shit storm instead of pm'ing me and asking me to take it down is also in poor taste.
If I don't release it with OVA I wasted my time. I hate wasting my time.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-10-12 00:23:26 »
I'm not aware on the depth of this issue, but can this be settled with the author of the OVA?
It's a waste releasing this one without the OVA it's just not the same.

Maybe a conversation with the author of the OVA will be a good start. Although this should have been done before. You maybe able to agree on some terms.

Also I agree things like this are better discussed elsewhere or this might involve a lot of people. Didn't mean to lecture or anything, just saying. We're a community here it won't be good if people start throwing hate post in here.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: 2012-10-12 00:31:14 »
Long story short: I tried asking, was denied, we got talking, we got friendly, we helped each other out, I asked again, he said nothing likely assuming he didn't have to, I assumed he got around and was okay with it now since we got on pretty good, I kept updating him on the progress, I release it a few weeks later, he gets his panties in a bunch when he notices and says I 'stole' the work ( despite there being multiple instances of him being credited in the first post at the time ) and kicks up a shit storm. I try to talk it over with him but he's pretty mad and won't give me permission to keep the changes. Oh yeah, all over the place: bad english got massively in the way. And that wasn't me whose english was bad.

So I take the changes somewhere else that isn't qhimm.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012-10-12 00:35:00 »
Too bad, well gotta respect the author when he says he don't want to :) :)

But I think releasing it elsewhere might pose problems too..

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: 2012-10-12 00:41:16 »
I won't link to it here nor will I post it here.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: 2012-10-12 16:51:02 »
This makes me sad  :(

Did Kuugen learn how to script his own events? If he can make his own version, I don't see how anyone can claim ownership.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #90 on: 2012-10-12 17:04:11 »
I already made my own events for Nightmare. OVA is just an addition. ( and yeah, it did take considerable time to add either OVA coding to Nightmare or Nightmare coding to OVA )

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012-10-13 01:53:34 »
This makes me sad  :(

Did Kuugen learn how to script his own events? If he can make his own version, I don't see how anyone can claim ownership.

Of course, but be easier to copy and modify text, the problem is it does not that respect the work of others, You should not steal from a project has just been announced that, there are other ways of doing things, never asked before posting your demo.

I already made my own events for Nightmare. OVA is just an addition. ( and yeah, it did take considerable time to add either OVA coding to Nightmare or Nightmare coding to OVA )

This is to laugh, really that significant time is the author of that work.

Your lying, I watching your flevel with my work and apparently the demo is absolutely all important content of my demo, also to use any small event, really an absolutely abuse.

It's necessary rectify, and start doing things better, if you have questions about making events then ask, all are going to help, I honestly do not see major events created by you, the majority of this demo be mine, many hidden items only places added of you, but it costs little time to do.

I said if you want my events empice done you, but not like the idea of working.

The most serious is no respect the job very long events, I do not accept others from copying the work before finishing.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: 2012-10-13 05:21:16 »
Think what you will. Nightmare is more than just a couple of new longer events and several smaller. The core element is the difficulty mod and everything based around that.
The events from OVA are an addition, not the core of the mod. As such I'm not advertising the mod solely for 'new events'.

I got to the point of being able to make events of my own because I spent considerable time fixing yours. Because there were a lot of hangups. Getting stuck in reactor 1, infinite materia gain in two places, dialogue loops that force you to restart the game ( thrice ). I'm grateful for the learning experience still. Not for the drama you're creating here.

If you want to continue this conversation, we will have to do that somewhere else, as the OVA included version no longer has anything to do with qhimm.com

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012-10-13 06:24:13 »
i cannot really understand why anyone who was into modding ff7 would want to withhold tools or code from another enthusiast on an individual level, unless they considered those bugs you mention to be a puzzle they wanted to solve on their own. if u asked and they said no and you did it anyway... well that seems almost like you should have expected drama... possibly it was a trap :P

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012-10-13 07:37:43 »
Think what you will. Nightmare is more than just a couple of new longer events and several smaller. The core element is the difficulty mod and everything based around that.
The events from OVA are an addition, not the core of the mod. As such I'm not advertising the mod solely for 'new events'.
You say, you're limited to make parameter editing that is as simple and fast, nothing new, watching his flevel has nothing really nice, I have a huge quantities of events and improvements, alchemy pot, auction, unique and personal things, so I want to protect my work.

I got to the point of being able to make events of my own because I spent considerable time fixing yours. Because there were a lot of hangups. Getting stuck in reactor 1, infinite materia gain in two places, dialogue loops that force you to restart the game ( thrice ). I'm grateful for the learning experience still. Not for the drama you're creating here.

As I said, not only edit parameters, and you exaggerate, many failures due to wrong import Makou Reactor, since my game it works perfectly, except some fault for forgetting, and your game is a combination of other works, must be installed in the original game.

I remember that it is normal to see some failures in a "demo" of a beta, this is a job that is in full development, the main reason they do not give permission, very logical.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #95 on: 2012-10-13 08:24:24 »
You say, you're limited to make parameter editing that is as simple and fast, nothing new, watching his flevel has nothing really nice, I have a huge quantities of events and improvements, alchemy pot, auction, unique and personal things, so I want to protect my work.

Good luck with that.  ::)
And nothing nice? Sounds like you're so angry you can't even remember what you said yourself. Or maybe you don't want to?
I'll check your stuff later, but I really need is some of your knowledge to make some stuff, but I have something to ask you about your changes.
I'll try to be specific in my questions, I use your mod and many changes are really cool, I'm interested in using some if I really want to help, just say to not bother some:.
I think you are referring to expansion of musics "total", it's still a good job.
Really a great job, but that be more personal and I try something else.
I have more interesting things outside the demo, if you want to keep abreast of the changes I can, otherwise I would greatly appreciate your help so that this mod is more complete.
You know that I would like to implement in my mod, so really if it continues I'll have to credit you xD
I think you are a demanding player and I want to enjoy my game.
I do not want to discuss with you, just ask respect, if you can wait for me to finish OVA remake 1.0 then you can take the necessary, I can even help you add a few things, I'm sure I can add in the future is going to like much or more, if you are okay to be I continued posting updates, but please use as private material, to complete my project, then I have no problem, you can add anything.
I understand that you also take a long time with the mod, really, no doubt, but please be understand me.
If these agree I would like to continue contact with you, if you respect me I did not have problems.
Add new changes in your mod Nightmare when Remake OVA finished, then add anything.
Sorry for me also.
Do we have a deal?  :)
That was before our PMs though, I assumed you changed your mind. My bad then. Sorry.
Forget it.

As I said, not only edit parameters, and you exaggerate, many failures due to wrong import Makou Reactor, since my game it works perfectly, except some fault for forgetting, and your game is a combination of other works, must be installed in the original game.

Yeah yeah, I heard that excuse before. I used the flevel that came supplied with your installer as a base. The bug existed there so it was in your flevel. Stop pretending you don't have any significant bugs in there. Because you do. Everything I liste

I remember that it is normal to see some failures in a "demo" of a beta
And now it's normal? Two lines up you claimed it was just 'a wrong import by MR"? Pick one excuse and stick with it.

I'm done talking to you about this.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012-10-13 08:57:57 »
Copying the work of others and also can show private messages?

You are a god!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: 2012-10-13 14:32:47 »
New Logo ( after prelude ) by whiteraven

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #98 on: 2012-10-13 15:50:43 »
Copying the work of others and also can show private messages?

You are a god!

When you first posted your OVA, it had links to your website with illegal torrents of the game. I find all your comments about copying work ironic.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: 2012-10-13 16:31:30 »
That website still hosts aali's driver and facepalmer among other mods which are listed as 'required for the complete experience'