Author Topic: Programs for setting loop points in .logg format  (Read 4453 times)

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
Programs for setting loop points in .logg format
« on: 2012-12-17 05:52:31 »

So at the moment, I'm just setting the loop points manually using a tag editor, but is it possible from within an audio editing suite? I currently use Adobe Audition 3.0, but I have access to Avid through uni, and can always jump onto another program if need be.

Thanks for any help!

- mystery_editor

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Programs for setting loop points in .logg format
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-17 09:13:31 »
Adobe Audition does it fine, you just set the display for samples and then add that tag using something like winamp (with the vgm plugin).

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-17 09:37:35 »
That's pretty much all I'm doing at the moment. Now that I've got my terminology right, was hoping there was a way to set a marker in Adobe Audition as a LOOPSTART point, but since I'd have to set LOOPLENGTH separately, kinda pointless. Thanks DPLB, at least I now know what I'm doing is right :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-17 13:39:05 »
Don't use looplength you don't need to.  Use LOOPSTART only and end the music at the loop point.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-17 15:58:58 »
LOOPLENGTH is useful if you want a file that perhaps has a fade-out at the end when played as OGG in a normal media player, but a seamless loop in-game. But unless you really wanna listen to the song on your phone, I really don't think that's a worthwhile use of time or energy in most cases.

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-12-17 21:53:57 »
Good point. Looking back on what I've done so far, most of the time the LOOPLENGTH was just to the end of the file anyways...

Halves the work, so I'll just stop that. Thanks for the replies!