Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4931466 times)

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3375 on: 2016-04-18 16:56:13 »
After the Mimic fight in the Forgotten City, it gives you an incorrect message about receiving the "Planet" materia. off course it doesn't give it to you and it's still only avaliable after Extra Battle: Gold Match (Which needs the appropiate flevel patch, it's still the placeholder as of now). It seems to simply be an incorrect text box, nothing gamebreaking.

From the looks of things, having your party nullify/absorb Gravity and casting Reflect on the Lusus Flares seems to be the best way to stop them from healing themselves with Demi3 Spam despite their HP (22500 isn't so little when they heal themselves every turn). Once you buff your party with Haste/Sadness/Regen/Resist it's a mini survival/waiting game until you can target both Flares and cast Reflect on them. Alexander (The Summon, not the Meerkat) + MP Turbo with Mime + Counter if you get hit by any Nullified Demi3's proves to be very effective at depleting enemy HP across the board. Having a character with ~90+ Magic with MP Turbo can allow Alexander to hit around 6500 on the Lusus Flares and 9999 on the Mimic (Weak to Holy), therefore you should be able to kill the Lusus Flares before their Reflect charges are depleted.

Once the Lusus Flares are down it's just a matter of how many Mimes you can get away with before you have to heal your party. Clone Breath looks to be Gravity Elemental, Mimesis appears to be a Current HP Formula attack but not Gravity and Lusus mark simply makes a Flare untargetable for a period of time. Fake Quake is designed to catch anyone out using Earth + Elemental in their armour as it's not an Earth attack, probably Non-Elemental.

By the way, is Fake Quake Non-Elemental or does it have an Element tied to it? All I know for sure is it's definitely not Earth and probably not Hidden.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-18 20:37:43 by Skirmish »

penetrice

• View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: 2016-04-19 03:44:01 »
Playing the game through again, and a boxer in gongaga just used chain bomb and it broke the game with an error message and then closed the game lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: 2016-04-19 06:09:38 »
After the Mimic fight in the Forgotten City, it gives you an incorrect message about receiving the "Planet" materia. off course it doesn't give it to you and it's still only avaliable after Extra Battle: Gold Match (Which needs the appropiate flevel patch, it's still the placeholder as of now). It seems to simply be an incorrect text box, nothing gamebreaking.

From the looks of things, having your party nullify/absorb Gravity and casting Reflect on the Lusus Flares seems to be the best way to stop them from healing themselves with Demi3 Spam despite their HP (22500 isn't so little when they heal themselves every turn). Once you buff your party with Haste/Sadness/Regen/Resist it's a mini survival/waiting game until you can target both Flares and cast Reflect on them. Alexander (The Summon, not the Meerkat) + MP Turbo with Mime + Counter if you get hit by any Nullified Demi3's proves to be very effective at depleting enemy HP across the board. Having a character with ~90+ Magic with MP Turbo can allow Alexander to hit around 6500 on the Lusus Flares and 9999 on the Mimic (Weak to Holy), therefore you should be able to kill the Lusus Flares before their Reflect charges are depleted.

Once the Lusus Flares are down it's just a matter of how many Mimes you can get away with before you have to heal your party. Clone Breath looks to be Gravity Elemental, Mimesis appears to be a Current HP Formula attack but not Gravity and Lusus mark simply makes a Flare untargetable for a period of time. Fake Quake is designed to catch anyone out using Earth + Elemental in their armour as it's not an Earth attack, probably Non-Elemental.

By the way, is Fake Quake Non-Elemental or does it have an Element tied to it? All I know for sure is it's definitely not Earth and probably not Hidden.

Fake Quake is non-elemental.

Playing the game through again, and a boxer in gongaga just used chain bomb and it broke the game with an error message and then closed the game lol.

I've had a lot of trouble with that attack in the past; no idea why it keeps breaking. I'll just get rid of it altogether.

GrieverVIII

• View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: 2016-04-19 08:08:45 »
Is there any way to tell if Dual is on an enemy who can't be Sensed? Also have you considered making Sense stronger to show what status effects enemies are weak to, and work on bosses? I just beat Proud Clod, though it took foreevvveerrr, and I kept think there must have been something I was missing, but I don't really know how I can figure out what works and what doesn't.
I also think it'd be a good idea to add an indicator for Reflect. It's super annoying when enemies give you the Reflect status and you don't realise. Also, any reason Dual isn't healed by Esuna?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: 2016-04-19 09:17:01 »
It'd need an .EXE hack of some kind to give the enemy a colour to indicate that it's on; it was discussed on a thread, but I couldn't figure it out.

There's two 'types' that statuses fall under, by my reckoning; ailments and magical effects. In the default game, Dispel and Esuna (mostly) handle different statuses. Esuna will get rid of Poison but not Slow, while Dispel handles things like Stop and Reflect but not Darkness and Silence. I don't think they share any common statuses. Dual wasn't handled by either, but it's the opposite of Regen which is handled by Dispel, so I put it down as a magical effect. But I also put it onto Antidotes, so you'd have an early option to tackle it.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: 2016-04-19 13:42:22 »
I know most of the script is left intact from the original, but how many changes were actually made to it in NT?  I just finished the events in the North on "disc 2", but the plot seems...much more coherent than I remember from the original.  Especially with the all the mentions of Jenova rather than just a laser focus on Sephiroth.  This is a good thing, but I just hope my memory isn't THIS bad that I couldn't remember some of these pretty important plot points (I last played the original all the way through a few years ago).

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: 2016-04-19 17:29:10 »
Just did the fight for the Dragon Force Enemy Skill. It doesn't boost Def and MDef anymore and Hero Drinks no longer appear to boost Def and MDef either, seems like you really don't want us temporarily boosting stats. Either that or...

Spoiler: show
Hero Drink II is secretly a marketing ploy that's designed to have it suck in most circumstances so that Sega Chief can bring back "Hero Drink Classic" at extortionate prices and make billions of Gil.

As fo the King Bub fight, I've noticed that Royal Decree is hitting the Royal Guards for 4 Damage leaving them on 7774/7778 HP and gives them Shield status. I'm guessing it's supposed to hit 1 so they go Lucky 7's on our asses, out of curiosity does Lucky 7's ignore Shield status (Guessing it doesn't ignore Peerless)?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: 2016-04-19 17:42:07 »
I maybe spruced up the dialogue a little bit for 1.4. There's a few areas though that were done in 1.3-1.35, and some others that weren't done at all, but eventually I'll get to all of it. I won't be able to finish it properly until I've taken care of a certain 'problem' I caused.

Just did the fight for the Dragon Force Enemy Skill. It doesn't boost Def and MDef anymore and Hero Drinks no longer appear to boost Def and MDef either, seems like you really don't want us temporarily boosting stats. Either that or...

Hero Drink II is secretly a marketing ploy that's designed to have it suck in most circumstances so that Sega Chief can bring back "Hero Drink Classic" at extortionate prices and make billions of Gil.

As fo the King Bub fight, I've noticed that Royal Decree is hitting the Royal Guards for 4 Damage leaving them on 7774/7778 HP and gives them Shield status. I'm guessing it's supposed to hit 1 so they go Lucky 7's on our asses, out of curiosity does Lucky 7's ignore Shield status (Guessing it doesn't ignore Peerless)?

There was a Hero Drink Classic in the mod in early builds, but it was removed again because billions of gil weren't forthcoming.

Yeah, it's supposed to be 1 damage to set up 7777 but I'm guessing the increase in Level has upped his damage slightly. I'm not so sure about the player's Lucky 7's, but enemy attacks are more or less still the same, just using a different formula, so Shield should still work. Peerless will work either way.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: 2016-04-19 17:48:51 »
I maybe spruced up the dialogue a little bit for 1.4. There's a few areas though that were done in 1.3-1.35, and some others that weren't done at all, but eventually I'll get to all of it. I won't be able to finish it properly until I've taken care of a certain 'problem' I caused.

There was a Hero Drink Classic in the mod in early builds, but it was removed again because billions of gil weren't forthcoming.

Yeah, it's supposed to be 1 damage to set up 7777 but I'm guessing the increase in Level has upped his damage slightly. I'm not so sure about the player's Lucky 7's, but enemy attacks are more or less still the same, just using a different formula, so Shield should still work. Peerless will work either way.
Would that "certain problem" be the problem I informed you of or is that a different issue?

I Knew it!

I guess in a properly working battle for that fight, King Bub will open with Royal Decree, Aeris could use Princess Guard + Slash-All to Shield the team and then survive until the next Royal Decree to remove their Lucky 7's. I suppose you could Dispel Royal Decree and inflict Confu on the Guards but they'd just K.O themselves and more would spawn via King Bub.

Do you have any more info regarding a feature for missing Key Items? If I had them I could obtain a couple more Ultimate Weapons and I really don't like the prospect of Morphing North Crater enemies right now, especially since they cannot be sensed.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-19 17:54:53 by Skirmish »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: 2016-04-19 19:33:08 »
By the way does anyone know where to get Choco Feathers past Disc 1? I remember stealing them from something but I think it was in Corel Prison and I can't go back there.

EDIT: Never mind, Wutai item shop has it for anyone else who wasn't sure.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-19 19:38:08 by Skirmish »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: 2016-04-20 13:04:35 »
SC--This is a really, REALLY small thing, but I just noticed it last night.

It seems that with NT's changes at the end of Disc 1, the appropriate Steam achievement does not activate for completing that part of the game.  Obviously that won't get fixed until you get to the plot-stuff you said you wanted to tweak, but I'm just throwing it out there in case no one brought it it up yet.  (sorry, I'm a bit OCD about achievements on games I like)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: 2016-04-20 14:04:04 »
SC--This is a really, REALLY small thing, but I just noticed it last night.

It seems that with NT's changes at the end of Disc 1, the appropriate Steam achievement does not activate for completing that part of the game.  Obviously that won't get fixed until you get to the plot-stuff you said you wanted to tweak, but I'm just throwing it out there in case no one brought it it up yet.  (sorry, I'm a bit OCD about achievements on games I like)

It's been mentioned before, but I'm not sure what the 'hooks' for the achievements to trigger from actually are or what might have been changed to stop it from triggering in this particular part. Unless it's the FMV that's no longer played? If it's that then I'll have that sorted out at some stage. In the meantime, if you kept a copy of the default data folder/are using 7H then you can try loading up the default game you can quickly load your pre-boss save and (probably) trounce it to get the achievement.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: 2016-04-20 14:05:49 »
Is it intentional that the text message during the Guard Scorpion battle is still "wrong"?

Could you add two new item properties: MP Rage (turns a % of damage received into mp) and an accessory property which cuts MP usage of summons and spells by x% (like Chrono trigger)?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: 2016-04-20 14:55:03 »
I fixed the it's/its on that line; as for the content of the line, well...you should maybe take everything Cloud says with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't know how to set up an accessory like that (it'd have to be an .EXE thing, but accessories like Cat's Bell might be a good place to start) and MP Rage would depend on whether I can get the game to track the damage taken, divide it, then apply it to the character through their AI which might be too bulky for the kernel's space limitations.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: 2016-04-20 15:00:24 »
I fixed the it's/its on that line; as for the content of the line, well...you should maybe take everything Cloud says with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't know how to set up an accessory like that (it'd have to be an .EXE thing, but accessories like Cat's Bell might be a good place to start) and MP Rage would depend on whether I can get the game to track the damage taken, divide it, then apply it to the character through their AI which might be too bulky for the kernel's space limitations.

Thanks. please bear it in mind for future updates if you want :p

On a sidenote, could you consider incorporating in your mod an integral translation, truer to the original?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: 2016-04-20 16:18:21 »
Thanks. please bear it in mind for future updates if you want :p

On a sidenote, could you consider incorporating in your mod an integral translation, truer to the original?

If I can encourage even just one new player to attack Scorp while the tail is up, then that's what I'm gonna do.

I probably won't put it into NT as a standard feature, but I will make an off-shoot version that uses Reunion's Beacause when both mods are finished.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: 2016-04-20 18:43:18 »
- L2 Confu inflicts Confusion on any target not immune, regardless of their level.
- Comet2 says it's Non-Elemental and hits 4 times yet when cast I see 6 Hits of damage.
- Big Brawl and attacks which share the animation for Satellite Beam (Air Strike, Cyberdyne Ray etc.) don't show damage numbers upon hit, the damage is still dealt however. Big Brawl in particular is quite funny to watch.

-----

Did you make changes to the base power of Limit Breaks? It looks some Multi-Hit Level 4's are being out-performed by Multi-Hit Level 3's, it might be my imagination but I'd just like to double check.

-----

I don't remember this being the case in vanilla FF7 but in this mod Dexterity seems to significantly improve your Att% Stat where as I thought it only affected your Def%. I've noticed High Dexterity and Low Luck characters having near 100% Success Rates with Deathblow and Flash.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: 2016-04-20 20:02:42 »
- L2 Confu inflicts Confusion on any target not immune, regardless of their level.
- Comet2 says it's Non-Elemental and hits 4 times yet when cast I see 6 Hits of damage.
- Big Brawl and attacks which share the animation for Satellite Beam (Air Strike, Cyberdyne Ray etc.) don't show damage numbers upon hit, the damage is still dealt however. Big Brawl in particular is quite funny to watch.

-----

Did you make changes to the base power of Limit Breaks? It looks some Multi-Hit Level 4's are being out-performed by Multi-Hit Level 3's, it might be my imagination but I'd just like to double check.

-----

I don't remember this being the case in vanilla FF7 but in this mod Dexterity seems to significantly improve your Att% Stat where as I thought it only affected your Def%. I've noticed High Dexterity and Low Luck characters having near 100% Success Rates with Deathblow and Flash.

Is that Mimic's L2 confuse?

Comet2 was upgraded to 6 hits, just forgot to change the description on it.

Limits are unchanged without an .EXE patch; I guess they aren't suited for use as enemy attacks, but I'm a little reluctant to drop the Satellite Beam. Big Brawl is more of a problem though; Cid's Limits just seem to generally malfunction on PC.

It's the case in FF7 Vanilla too that Dex boosts your accuracy.

penetrice

• View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: 2016-04-20 21:11:10 »
Just curious, were there any changes made to vincent's limits?  I thoroughly enjoyed using him in vanilla, and plan on using him this play through, but they seem a tad underpowered (unless i'm doing something wrong O.o), just want to know if it's worth using his limits, or if i should just leave him in a perpetual state of limit throughout the game while taking advantage of his excellent magic stat? :P

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: 2016-04-20 21:43:57 »
Is that Mimic's L2 confuse?

Comet2 was upgraded to 6 hits, just forgot to change the description on it.

Limits are unchanged without an .EXE patch; I guess they aren't suited for use as enemy attacks, but I'm a little reluctant to drop the Satellite Beam. Big Brawl is more of a problem though; Cid's Limits just seem to generally malfunction on PC.

It's the case in FF7 Vanilla too that Dex boosts your accuracy.
It's Hippogriff's L2 Confu in the Mideel Area.

Is each Comet2 hit 1.875x Base Power like in Vanilla or is it lower to take into account the extra hits. Original = 1.875x for 4 Hits for 7.5x Base Power, is Comet2 in this mod 1.25x for 6 Hits for the same 7.5x Base Power or is it the original 1.875x for 6 hits for 11.25x Base Power?

As far as player Limit Breaks go, Big Brawl is the only one I've seen any issues with. I like seeing enemies make use of Satellite Beam but I am not sure how long it would take to fix the issue (if fixable).

I could have sworn it was only Def%, thanks for clearing that up.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: 2016-04-20 21:55:18 »
Any tips for quickly dealing with the Eyes for Carmine Weapon, Lucky Dodge only goes so far and Time Attack Storm deals over 8000 HP damage because I like to take my time. In other words I am pretty much screwed if it hits all my party members.

What's the best strategy for Morphing North Crater enemies, I'm specifically refering to Iron Man, Armoured Golem, King Behemoth, Crater Dragon, Dragon Zombie and Master Tonberry. All of them have over 30000 HP so sensing is out of the question.

What will happen regarding people missing certain Key Items that haven't dropped (X-ATM Core, Pulse Ammo, Micro Engine etc.) and also where does one obtain the Red Crystal.

dazheel

• View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: 2016-04-20 22:17:23 »
Hey SegaChief thanks for the awesome mod, really enjoy playing it  but i got a few issues right now :

- Can't start the "Dark Cave" sidequest, I'm at the end of the game and basically cleared almost all of the mod content but Dio is nowhere to be found, i searched for him in all the Gold Saucer at different points of the story but he seems to have just disappeared after the Key of the ancients event, any ideas ?

- This one may be on my end but i can't do the Yahcobo fight right now, 5sec after the beginning of the fight the game crashes with the "An unknown exception has occured" message. Also tried with a different setup/party with no success

This is on 1.4 with the 18th april hotfix

Oh and a quick feedback :

- I was stuck on the Nitz fight too because of the softlock problem, the hotfix worked perfectly and I could finally beat it, still i don't know if it's intended but i couldn't kill the adds that he spawned, they seem to be vulnerable for like 1 turn then they just become impervious to all source of damage, also the boss kept using "Deployment' through the fight resulting in a miss on the bots.

- Final X-ATM fight has no music

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: 2016-04-21 00:46:21 »
Took a while but I'm back with the report. I'm sure some of these have been reported and/or fixed already, so if they have been, apologies.

- The enemy Valron in the Rocket Town area forests locked up for me once. Not sure what did it but he was flying, went to the ground then the battle just held there if that helps. They also try and cast something they do not have enough MP for even at full.

- I found the above bug trying to find Zieg, who I still could not find after an hour+ looking around all the forests of the land. Could still be a case of horrible luck but I think I'm gonna have to request a double check on this one. However, a buddy of mine managed to get not 1, but 2 MP Plus materias from the teammates in the Crater. I do not know if the prizes are randomized or where you send whom where matters. I can ask and see if he remembers if it would help if this is a bug?

- W-Magic and Mime also drop 1-Star like Underwater instead of mastered. Should also mention Mime comes greyed out, insinuating that we can't use the ability until we level it up. We can so no worries about it being usable, it's just a visual glitch. One last thing about Mime, it comes with an "MP+96%" bonus. You don't actually get the bonus MP stat wise, just in writing on the materia itself.

- The fight you get from handing in the Earth Harp locked up on me a few times. I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I don't want to say but uhh..
If you cast Resist on your team and Command then uses Manipulate, it locks up. Also if you inflict Berserk on Command it can lock the game up sometimes as well. If it doesn't lock then Command, when berserked, will only attack its teammates instead of you. Can't imagine that is intended?

- During the battle for Cloud's level 4 limit break, if you W-Magic cast Bio and it poisons, then follow with Resist, the enemy will get stuck in a never ending loop trying to cure it. This forces a reset of the game.

- During the fight with Netz, if you kill "Byte" the game locks up. You can kill "Bit" no problem. Also as dazheel mentioned somewhat quickly they become immune to damage with no indicator or seemingly intended way to deal with it. Is that intended and if it is, is there some way to deal with them?

- After beating the bosses from handing in the Earth Harp and Guidebook, I went outside to save and came back and found a second Underwater materia. Also when I picked it up it said it was a W-Summon.

Can confirm another dazheel report. Yahcobo locks up immediately for me as well. No clue what the issue is here.

- Questions and comments now. The man in the cockpit of the Highwind mentions Cid can repair the gun in Wall Market if he leads the party, I tried this with several different party configurations but to no avail. Am I missing something?

- Vincent's level 4 limit battle and maybe Red XIII's could use a bit of a buff in my opinion. Could be good discussion, see what others think.

X) Planet drop (no issue found?)

- Planet works fine, what I meant was we can get multiple Planets through AP but only one Contain as it comes mastered. I don't think Contain is stronger then Planet overall so Contain should be able to be mastered if Planet is I think.

Think I got it all. Thanks again.

PmP7x

• View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: 2016-04-21 01:19:35 »
Possible soft lock?

Got the gold ticket to the golden saucer
used the quick warp while it is closed on disc 2
Cant get out past dio
Not sure if there is a way out or if I'm stuck.

Thanks

Also unable to find Zieg as above.

<3
« Last Edit: 2016-04-21 01:21:34 by PmP7x »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: 2016-04-21 06:42:36 »
Just curious, were there any changes made to vincent's limits?  I thoroughly enjoyed using him in vanilla, and plan on using him this play through, but they seem a tad underpowered (unless i'm doing something wrong O.o), just want to know if it's worth using his limits, or if i should just leave him in a perpetual state of limit throughout the game while taking advantage of his excellent magic stat? :P

Vincent's Limits will be beefed up a little (specifically the physical attacks) when I've got the new .EXE patch made. The magic abilities on his Limits tend to hit very hard, but the physical attack is very weak.

It's Hippogriff's L2 Confu in the Mideel Area.

Is each Comet2 hit 1.875x Base Power like in Vanilla or is it lower to take into account the extra hits. Original = 1.875x for 4 Hits for 7.5x Base Power, is Comet2 in this mod 1.25x for 6 Hits for the same 7.5x Base Power or is it the original 1.875x for 6 hits for 11.25x Base Power?

As far as player Limit Breaks go, Big Brawl is the only one I've seen any issues with. I like seeing enemies make use of Satellite Beam but I am not sure how long it would take to fix the issue (if fixable).

I could have sworn it was only Def%, thanks for clearing that up.

The base power of Comet2 is unchanged, just has two extra hits.

Any tips for quickly dealing with the Eyes for Carmine Weapon, Lucky Dodge only goes so far and Time Attack Storm deals over 8000 HP damage because I like to take my time. In other words I am pretty much screwed if it hits all my party members.

What's the best strategy for Morphing North Crater enemies, I'm specifically refering to Iron Man, Armoured Golem, King Behemoth, Crater Dragon, Dragon Zombie and Master Tonberry. All of them have over 30000 HP so sensing is out of the question.

What will happen regarding people missing certain Key Items that haven't dropped (X-ATM Core, Pulse Ammo, Micro Engine etc.) and also where does one obtain the Red Crystal.

So each eye has 36,000HP with middle-ground Defence and Magic Defence. They take double damage from Hidden, Bolt...and Wind for some reason. I guess because it levitates, but that's more floating in the water than flying; must have been a long night when I put in wind weakness. They absorb Water, null Earth/Gravity, and Absorb Holy.

Pandora's Box would be ideal to hit them all at once, but that's locked behind a boss. Shadow Flare could be a good high-damage substitute, or a Bolt/Hidden-Elemental physical attacker. Quadded-Ramuh might deal a good chunk of damage if the caster has a good Magic stat; Summons ignore Defence and don't suffer from split-damage like most normal spells do.

There is another thing you can do though; an odd trigger in his AI from his vanilla scripts involving Summons. If you use any of the three Bahamut summons on him when his eyes are open, he will not use Time Attack Storm; instead he'll use Carmine Beam which deals %-based damage (16/32). That can give you a way to avoid it, in a pinch. You can also Slow the Eyes along with Emerald; a Slow-All should buy you some extra time to get them down.

Morphing the Crater enemies has been reported as being too difficult due to their high HP pools. The plan is to add a handler that, when they're struck by the Morph command at low HP, they report their current increment of HP (so when Iron Man is below 4/32 of his HP and he's hit with Morph, it'll say 'Current HP <= 18375. When he's below 1/32 of his HP, it'll report 'Current HP <= 4594'. It's not perfect by any means, but it'll give people a rough idea of when to hold off on the heavier attacks.

I'll be sorting the issue of missing key items out by moving the missing ones to unmissable locations. Junon Leagues, Dark Cave, and maybe a new event or two to cover what's missing.

Hey SegaChief thanks for the awesome mod, really enjoy playing it  but i got a few issues right now :

- Can't start the "Dark Cave" sidequest, I'm at the end of the game and basically cleared almost all of the mod content but Dio is nowhere to be found, i searched for him in all the Gold Saucer at different points of the story but he seems to have just disappeared after the Key of the ancients event, any ideas ?

- This one may be on my end but i can't do the Yahcobo fight right now, 5sec after the beginning of the fight the game crashes with the "An unknown exception has occured" message. Also tried with a different setup/party with no success

This is on 1.4 with the 18th april hotfix

Oh and a quick feedback :

- I was stuck on the Nitz fight too because of the softlock problem, the hotfix worked perfectly and I could finally beat it, still i don't know if it's intended but i couldn't kill the adds that he spawned, they seem to be vulnerable for like 1 turn then they just become impervious to all source of damage, also the boss kept using "Deployment' through the fight resulting in a miss on the bots.

- Final X-ATM fight has no music

Dark Cave is currently down for some heavy maintenance. I needed to re-do some of the scripts there to fix a problem that clashes with the new 1.4 scripts and to get it ready for the Aeris Unrevival project (new official name for NT's first 'unfeature').

I'll check the Yahcobo fight. Maybe the kernel synch is a bit off or something.

Deployment is only supposed to be used once, so I'll have a look at why it's still triggering. The bots are vulnerable to damage for that first turn so they can be properly revived before getting their flags set, but I'll see if I can't come up with a more efficient way to do it; maybe make them untargetable or something after they pop up.

And the X-ATM fight hasn't had music for a while now; I clean forgot to fix it, despite many reports about it throughout 1.3 and 1.35 ^^'

Took a while but I'm back with the report. I'm sure some of these have been reported and/or fixed already, so if they have been, apologies.

- The enemy Valron in the Rocket Town area forests locked up for me once. Not sure what did it but he was flying, went to the ground then the battle just held there if that helps. They also try and cast something they do not have enough MP for even at full.

- I found the above bug trying to find Zieg, who I still could not find after an hour+ looking around all the forests of the land. Could still be a case of horrible luck but I think I'm gonna have to request a double check on this one. However, a buddy of mine managed to get not 1, but 2 MP Plus materias from the teammates in the Crater. I do not know if the prizes are randomized or where you send whom where matters. I can ask and see if he remembers if it would help if this is a bug?

- W-Magic and Mime also drop 1-Star like Underwater instead of mastered. Should also mention Mime comes greyed out, insinuating that we can't use the ability until we level it up. We can so no worries about it being usable, it's just a visual glitch. One last thing about Mime, it comes with an "MP+96%" bonus. You don't actually get the bonus MP stat wise, just in writing on the materia itself.

- The fight you get from handing in the Earth Harp locked up on me a few times. I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I don't want to say but uhh..
If you cast Resist on your team and Command then uses Manipulate, it locks up. Also if you inflict Berserk on Command it can lock the game up sometimes as well. If it doesn't lock then Command, when berserked, will only attack its teammates instead of you. Can't imagine that is intended?

- During the battle for Cloud's level 4 limit break, if you W-Magic cast Bio and it poisons, then follow with Resist, the enemy will get stuck in a never ending loop trying to cure it. This forces a reset of the game.

- During the fight with Netz, if you kill "Byte" the game locks up. You can kill "Bit" no problem. Also as dazheel mentioned somewhat quickly they become immune to damage with no indicator or seemingly intended way to deal with it. Is that intended and if it is, is there some way to deal with them?

- After beating the bosses from handing in the Earth Harp and Guidebook, I went outside to save and came back and found a second Underwater materia. Also when I picked it up it said it was a W-Summon.

Can confirm another dazheel report. Yahcobo locks up immediately for me as well. No clue what the issue is here.

- Questions and comments now. The man in the cockpit of the Highwind mentions Cid can repair the gun in Wall Market if he leads the party, I tried this with several different party configurations but to no avail. Am I missing something?

- Vincent's level 4 limit battle and maybe Red XIII's could use a bit of a buff in my opinion. Could be good discussion, see what others think.

- Planet works fine, what I meant was we can get multiple Planets through AP but only one Contain as it comes mastered. I don't think Contain is stronger then Planet overall so Contain should be able to be mastered if Planet is I think.

Think I got it all. Thanks again.

Might be an AI thing for Valron; I made adjustments to his scripts in the Nibelheim area then copied them over, but might have missed the actual abilities themselves if they were changed. I'll get him sorted out.

If MP Plus is dished out by an ally in the Crater, then it's probably an oversight on my part. You used to get MP Plus from the Crater before the Zieg thing was set up. I'll get the variable checked for it and if I can't find a cause then I'll add that event players can trigger themselves later to get the fight (and MP Plus).

The Materia fight seems to be causing a lot of problems; the fight itself sounds very buggy though the AI should have been fairly straightforward. Maybe it's a problem with the models + animation they use? Movers animations affect each other so that they move like a group, but they're all different IDs so maybe it's tripping the script up. Although the Manip-Resist thing does bring to mind an older bug report involving Rudra I think. I'll do some tests with Manip & Resist.

I didn't think of that with Resist; that might bugger up Reno as well, and a few other bosses. I'll sort it out.

The two bots that spawn in the Netz fight are supposed to be invulnerable and there to harry the player's team. The brief moment where they can take damage though is a bit misleading, and it's a flaw in the script I made. I'll try to iron it out.

I set a thing to the Main script of that Materia to try and have it removed from view altogether, but if it's in the latest patch then I guess it didn't work. I'll remove the model group altogether and the scripts referring to it.

I forgot to change that text. Cid's old Lv.4 Limit thing was obtained from the weapon shop, but now it's obtained by talking to the kid that appears in his house after your party 'commandeers' the Tiny Bronco. There's three fights that unlock at certain points of the game, but if you're on Disc 3 then they'll all be available.

Red and Yuffie have the weakest Lv.4 Limits because they only hit once, whereas the others hit multiple times. Vincent's Chaos is also pretty weak because it doesn't have the benefit of a hard-hitting elemental attack like Galian and Gigas. The .EXE patch I'm making will let me tune these up a bit.

Ah, so that's the thing. I'll set Contain to drop a star short of being Mastered so that multiple copies are available.

Possible soft lock?

Got the gold ticket to the golden saucer
used the quick warp while it is closed on disc 2
Cant get out past dio
Not sure if there is a way out or if I'm stuck.

Thanks

Also unable to find Zieg as above.

<3

I didn't think of that for the Gold Saucer teleport; I'll set the script to disable it during that segment of the game. Did you save your game while you were in there? I could disable Dio's collision in the next patch temporarily if you need to get out.