Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839857 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3300 on: 2016-04-13 01:33:32 »
The X-ATM Core comes from Dark Cave.

I messed up on this flevel; it has a few problems in it, like that placeholder fight still being there for Gold Match.

I'll deal with Time Attack Storm by giving it an element or something; or maybe a low accuracy. At the moment it's a physical attack so it can be dodged using the Luck stat. I like that slow/haste idea though.

This mod is going to be the death of me. Both those bugs are NT specific.

So the first bug is probably because a line of code pre-loads the FMV which somehow carries over into the next screen. That means I'll need to get rid of it, which is easy enough to do.

As for the second one, that's out of my control. I can't tell that pesky machine what to do anymore (I'll make it invisible).

I probably moved it for some reason or other. It'll turn up eventually.

So it's NT specific, alright cool. Cause yeah, no other graphic mods are conflicting with it. I love 7th Heaven like you can't believe and being able to have NT coincide with it is like the best thing ever.

Humanoid Typhoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: 2016-04-13 05:24:36 »
Hi there I just started playing the New Threat mod and found a couple of bugs.

Spoiler: show
 Um Aeris, how did that get through the doorway?  :-o

Also just before this, after beating the techno soldier and returning from battle to the field view it played the fmv of the first reactor blowing up. Cloud, Tifa and Barret's field models were still working normally during this scene. (Cloud getting caught in techno soldier explosion and hanging from walkway.). It returned to normal after the first reactor fmv ended.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: 2016-04-13 05:32:41 »
Hi there I just started playing the New Threat mod and found a couple of bugs.

Um Aeris, how did that get through the doorway?  :-o

Also just before this, after beating the techno soldier and returning from battle to the field view it played the fmv of the first reactor blowing up. Cloud, Tifa and Barret's field models were still working normally during this scene. (Cloud getting caught in techno soldier explosion and hanging from walkway.). It returned to normal after the first reactor fmv ended.

Yeah, this is what iDerek was reporting. I've just got the patch together though for non-7H installs:
https://mega.nz/#!uxkXhSRD!fotp-wS7lGAmDwkBAje6GDziakJAGLyB7B7tcJdOvas

I'm going to try making a new kind of patch for the IRO tomorrow, so that it doesn't require the full main installer DL.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: 2016-04-13 05:43:08 »
You da man SC!  8-)

Humanoid Typhoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: 2016-04-13 06:49:25 »
Yeah, this is what iDerek was reporting. I've just got the patch together though for non-7H installs:
https://mega.nz/#!uxkXhSRD!fotp-wS7lGAmDwkBAje6GDziakJAGLyB7B7tcJdOvas

I'm going to try making a new kind of patch for the IRO tomorrow, so that it doesn't require the full main installer DL.

Oops sorry, I just skipped to the last page to quickly jot it down for you so I could get back to playing it.  :-D Awesome work on the quick update though. Thanks a bunch!

While I have your attention though, i'd like to say great job on this mod! I've spent 6 hours and i'm not even up to the sewers yet because i've been morphing things.  8) I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the New Game + and Hard mode update after I finish this play-through.

EDIT: Just found another bug after installing the hotfix. Not sure if it's known or not but I searched the thread and nothing came up.

Anyway, I just reached the pillar and watched the part where wedge fell from the top. When it came back to field view he disappeared from the ground and reappeared running from the bottom of the screen to the left the same as he does when you get back from the first reactor.

Not sure if it matters but i'm running the Steam version of FF7 without any other mods.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-13 08:35:12 by Humanoid Typhoon »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: 2016-04-13 16:16:51 »
I should have kept Dark Cave devs on the separate flevel like I'd been doing before; seems like it's interrupted the event handling on that screen. I'll take a look at it; was the scene soft-locked or could you progress?

Edit: Found the cause and fixed the script. If it doesn't soft-lock though then I might leave off a patch until later.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-13 16:22:30 by Sega Chief »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: 2016-04-13 20:25:19 »
The X-ATM Core comes from Dark Cave.

I messed up on this flevel; it has a few problems in it, like that placeholder fight still being there for Gold Match.

I'll deal with Time Attack Storm by giving it an element or something; or maybe a low accuracy. At the moment it's a physical attack so it can be dodged using the Luck stat. I like that slow/haste idea though.
Then it seems some of the information from the "where is the thing" readme file isn't matching up, it says X-ATM Core is from finally defeating X-ATM Scorpion (Pretty sure I did as I got Catastrophe from it) and that Pulse Ammo is from defeating Tseng in Rocket Town (I received a Weapon for Vincent but not the Pulse Ammo).

If you choose to proceed with the slow/haste idea (If that's at all possible), could you review other playtime based attacks? I think Speedstroke from Kaktuar functions the same as Time Attack Storm.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: 2016-04-14 06:15:19 »
Then it seems some of the information from the "where is the thing" readme file isn't matching up, it says X-ATM Core is from finally defeating X-ATM Scorpion (Pretty sure I did as I got Catastrophe from it) and that Pulse Ammo is from defeating Tseng in Rocket Town (I received a Weapon for Vincent but not the Pulse Ammo).

If you choose to proceed with the slow/haste idea (If that's at all possible), could you review other playtime based attacks? I think Speedstroke from Kaktuar functions the same as Time Attack Storm.

That's missing? Damn, I must have forgot to place it. That means I'll need to move it elsewhere. As for the Core, I think that was supposed to be moved to the X-ATM fight for Barret's thingie but it's still sitting in the Dark Cave sideline. I can sort something out, though; had an idea.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: 2016-04-14 10:43:55 »
More feedback about crater :
-Protoroth is the easiest of all 3 bosses and by far. Maybe I missunderstood the other two (I'll explain in the spoiler)
-Allemagne (Hatchery screen, not sure for other scenes) level 4 death kills level 99 characters (level synch ?)
-Captain NPC dialog still bugged (Can't remember if you fixed it), only 2 out of 3 options are available. Not a big deal tho.
-W-item is correctly found as the materia (upper of the screen), but middle item is still labeled as W-magic

Ribbon accessory has a "weird" behavior. I can't remember if it was the case in Vanilla, but Ribbon is supposed to prevent "Sadness" status. You still can have it by using tranquilizers (I guess it works with Hyper/Fury status). And even if your character dies, it will ressurect with the "Sadness" status still on.

Due to the very low defensives stats of each Protoroth (especially Sephiorth one), it can be done very quickly while the boss have a very low damage input. Sephiroth part took me 3 turns with Cid (9999 * 2 *3) + two set of counter attacks (using 6 materias).
The cloud part even though absorbing Fire/Ice/Lightning/Earth can be hit 9999 with the contain materia (wind element) and ~7k with Alpha, being just a matter of turns under haste + wall.

Abyss fight was really boring, needed 3 ribbons , wall status, and tons of healing to keep up with the high damage + having a character who keep silencing.
Tyrant fight (I might have missunderstood) but I couldn't kill him before his frenzy status, so I needed all my party under "Shield" status.

So yup, Protoroth was really easy.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 10:46:27 by aquecoucou »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: 2016-04-14 11:15:57 »
Well I've been watching and reading this topic for a long long time, long before 1.4 came out, and now that I've played through most of the mod its time to share my thoughts and bug reports on it. But before I do that I really want to congratulate you and your team Sega Chief for creating this incredible mod. This mod truly is a piece of a work and you should all take a lot of pride in how this thing is turning out. Wonderful work!

Few comments, questions, and bug reports in the random order that it comes to me.

- I agree with the earlier sentiment that the Hojo fight needs a little rework. I think it should be a really big fight so the health numbers are fine in my opinion, but he needs a few new moves for sure. As it stands, Resist makes the fight rather simple.

- I also want to share my thoughts on Keelhaul. I thought the idea of the fight was ok in theory and it certainly makes sense for Curator, but to only damage one piece at a time was somewhat time consuming. The fight took me over 25 minutes, not that I did myself any favours mind you. Made a few mistakes (like having Counter-Manipulate on for some dumb reason)but I did go after the elemental weaknesses and it still took quite a bit of time. Not sure if this is where you want it, but hey, my thoughts here, I think this fight could use a bit of a switch up.

- A friend told me about Siegfried after I had long passed it the first time. I came back in Disc 3 with the Highwind to try and find him but so far he has not been found. Can he be found on Disc 3?

- Talking to the Sleeping man brought up the Debug Crab fight, not sure if that's been mentioned and/or fixed.

- Is there a specific reason why we can only obtain one Contain materia but multiple Planet materias? My guess is some sort of balance reason but I thought I'd ask anyways.

- Three materias that I noticed (Final Attack, Phoenix, and Bahamut ZERO) all come unmastered with 0 AP just like how Underwater works. They're still only 1-Star and therefore cannot be leveled so no worries about that. Not sure if that's a bug or unintended but there you go.

- This may sound like an odd question, but was the wind sound effect always so loud? I'm referring to the wind noise like when you are on Da-Chao or right before you fight Hojo. For whatever reason the wind sound effect was extremely loud in my run.

That's missing? Damn, I must have forgot to place it. That means I'll need to move it elsewhere. As for the Core, I think that was supposed to be moved to the X-ATM fight for Barret's thingie but it's still sitting in the Dark Cave sideline. I can sort something out, though; had an idea.

Piggybacking off of this question and answer, I can also confirm Tseng did not drop Pulse Ammo and that Love Buster did not drop the Micro Engine either. Now, I have defeated The Curator(Good googly moogly what a battle...) and he dropped the Micro Engine, however this was on a separate file I made so I could move on and come back later. Was the Micro Engine moved somewhere else other then Curator? Did I need to continue on with that file where I defeated him to keep the Engine? Was Love Buster not dropping it a bug?

Also in regards to the X-ATM Core, if you go back and talk to buddy who informs you of the side quest in the first place, he'll mention that the town has a new worker or helper or whatever and you'll hear the Scorpion closing in just like the fight previous. Wait a little longer and you'll get into a fight with it yet again. Is this intended? You can do this over and over again it seems.

Sorry about that length of this first post of mine, and I'm sure I'll have other comments and questions as I remember them, but until then fantastic job here!

« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 11:19:42 by MoCheese »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: 2016-04-14 12:18:36 »

Piggybacking off of this question and answer, I can also confirm Tseng did not drop Pulse Ammo and that Love Buster did not drop the Micro Engine either. Now, I have defeated The Curator(Good googly moogly what a battle...) and he dropped the Micro Engine, however this was on a separate file I made so I could move on and come back later. Was the Micro Engine moved somewhere else other then Curator? Did I need to continue on with that file where I defeated him to keep the Engine? Was Love Buster not dropping it a bug?

Ah yeah, this guy is totally right. Since I continued my save where i beat the Curator, I indeed have the Micro Engine listed in "Key items". I totally forgot about it. If you plan on moving the Micro-Engine, why not making the Curator accessible from disc 3 (maybe in the same way Condor TP NPC works) ? Although the Curator fight being the hardest in the mod, it might be a bad idea in terms of balance.

Edit: Got 2 small problems :
-Can't start the accessory vendor quest in Junon (maybe you deleted it ? I saw it in the documentation file, talked to all npc, no quest)
-Going  in Junon league will result as placing characters in your party in alphabetical order. Meaning if you go with Cid, he will be placed first, Cloud being switched to the middle. Using PHS Cloud can't be moved back to top position. I guess going to highwind and switching leader would fix this but it's quite an annoyance if we have to back in highwind each time.

Edit 2 : Dorky faces can't be morphed by melee characters ? They can attack/counter attack/steal/mug but they can't morph. "Can't be reached"
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 15:38:27 by aquecoucou »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: 2016-04-14 15:03:00 »
After the last update, the game soft locks after the battle at the second reactor. And after I load the save, cloud starts walking backwards on the bridge 5 steps or so. Save anywhere tweak related?

[edit]
Nevermind. It is the save anywhere cheat messing up.

New bug though. Big yellow guard scorpion messing the flowers in the first church scenes.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 15:56:18 by eXistenZe »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: 2016-04-14 17:29:33 »
Hmm ..

Isn't the mistery prize reward at battle square a waste ? 32000 only for yellow wave when you need 9 oversoul shards for a craft being at 20k each, I just feel like I've wasted so much time doing twice the special battle while I could have already purchased 2 shards >.>. Well maybe it's worth, depending on how yellow wave works, does it simply set the defences to 0 or just reduce these ?

Also, (I will try later) but if we can redo the first junon league for the same reward (aka an oversoul shard), it would be faster to farm it instead of battle square.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: 2016-04-14 17:33:08 »
More feedback about crater :
-Protoroth is the easiest of all 3 bosses and by far. Maybe I missunderstood the other two (I'll explain in the spoiler)
-Allemagne (Hatchery screen, not sure for other scenes) level 4 death kills level 99 characters (level synch ?)
-Captain NPC dialog still bugged (Can't remember if you fixed it), only 2 out of 3 options are available. Not a big deal tho.
-W-item is correctly found as the materia (upper of the screen), but middle item is still labeled as W-magic

Ribbon accessory has a "weird" behavior. I can't remember if it was the case in Vanilla, but Ribbon is supposed to prevent "Sadness" status. You still can have it by using tranquilizers (I guess it works with Hyper/Fury status). And even if your character dies, it will ressurect with the "Sadness" status still on.

Due to the very low defensives stats of each Protoroth (especially Sephiorth one), it can be done very quickly while the boss have a very low damage input. Sephiroth part took me 3 turns with Cid (9999 * 2 *3) + two set of counter attacks (using 6 materias).
The cloud part even though absorbing Fire/Ice/Lightning/Earth can be hit 9999 with the contain materia (wind element) and ~7k with Alpha, being just a matter of turns under haste + wall.

Abyss fight was really boring, needed 3 ribbons , wall status, and tons of healing to keep up with the high damage + having a character who keep silencing.
Tyrant fight (I might have missunderstood) but I couldn't kill him before his frenzy status, so I needed all my party under "Shield" status.

So yup, Protoroth was really easy.

The two drops in the crater are supposed to be W-Magic and a Gospel Spark; W-Item is acquired elsewhere. The drops themselves should be fine, but the text seems to be off, and one of them was using the same trigger as the other which I fixed up in a patch. The Sadness thing is the same with Peace Rings in vanilla; if you apply the status in a menu, it'll lock the status to you in battle if you have an accessory on that 'protects' against the status. I'll give the Crater bosses a once over when there's time and fix that L4 Death.

Well I've been watching and reading this topic for a long long time, long before 1.4 came out, and now that I've played through most of the mod its time to share my thoughts and bug reports on it. But before I do that I really want to congratulate you and your team Sega Chief for creating this incredible mod. This mod truly is a piece of a work and you should all take a lot of pride in how this thing is turning out. Wonderful work!

Few comments, questions, and bug reports in the random order that it comes to me.

- I agree with the earlier sentiment that the Hojo fight needs a little rework. I think it should be a really big fight so the health numbers are fine in my opinion, but he needs a few new moves for sure. As it stands, Resist makes the fight rather simple.

- I also want to share my thoughts on Keelhaul. I thought the idea of the fight was ok in theory and it certainly makes sense for Curator, but to only damage one piece at a time was somewhat time consuming. The fight took me over 25 minutes, not that I did myself any favours mind you. Made a few mistakes (like having Counter-Manipulate on for some dumb reason)but I did go after the elemental weaknesses and it still took quite a bit of time. Not sure if this is where you want it, but hey, my thoughts here, I think this fight could use a bit of a switch up.

- A friend told me about Siegfried after I had long passed it the first time. I came back in Disc 3 with the Highwind to try and find him but so far he has not been found. Can he be found on Disc 3?

- Talking to the Sleeping man brought up the Debug Crab fight, not sure if that's been mentioned and/or fixed.

- Is there a specific reason why we can only obtain one Contain materia but multiple Planet materias? My guess is some sort of balance reason but I thought I'd ask anyways.

- Three materias that I noticed (Final Attack, Phoenix, and Bahamut ZERO) all come unmastered with 0 AP just like how Underwater works. They're still only 1-Star and therefore cannot be leveled so no worries about that. Not sure if that's a bug or unintended but there you go.

- This may sound like an odd question, but was the wind sound effect always so loud? I'm referring to the wind noise like when you are on Da-Chao or right before you fight Hojo. For whatever reason the wind sound effect was extremely loud in my run.

Also in regards to the X-ATM Core, if you go back and talk to buddy who informs you of the side quest in the first place, he'll mention that the town has a new worker or helper or whatever and you'll hear the Scorpion closing in just like the fight previous. Wait a little longer and you'll get into a fight with it yet again. Is this intended? You can do this over and over again it seems.

Sorry about that length of this first post of mine, and I'm sure I'll have other comments and questions as I remember them, but until then fantastic job here!

Wish I had a team ;-;

-) I can make all the parts of Carry Armour vulnerable from the start; the AI phases should hold up, as they take priority over each other.

-) Ziegfried is the same as a Mystery Ninja encounter; I heard that the encounter rate for these is supposed to increase as you get further into the game. Stick to the Junon, Gongaga, or Rocket Area forests. If it turns out something's up and he's not showing (I'll sweep the flevel for the trigger in case it's flipped twice for whatever reason) I could add it as a late-game event that only shows up if he isn't fought by then, so that MP Plus can be dropped.

-) Giant enemy crab? Best to apply the flevel patch; that was removed from one of them.

-) Multiple Planet Materia? Should only be one drop, with more coming after you Master it. Is the drop farmable?

-) I'll set them to drop as Mastered; it's exactly the same, but looks nicer.

-) I've noticed a few times that sound effect volume seems to either drop significantly or rise a bit. Identifying the sources of them though will be tricky. If I do some tests I could maybe try adding a line to each event that uses a persistent sound effect that stabilises it as a catch-all.

-) Yeah, it was intended to refight it as many times as you want (the scorp will never die). As for key item placements, I've forgotten to move them around for the new build which means I need to move them all to places that are unmissable. Unless I implement a thing I was thinking about.

Ah yeah, this guy is totally right. Since I continued my save where i beat the Curator, I indeed have the Micro Engine listed in "Key items". I totally forgot about it. If you plan on moving the Micro-Engine, why not making the Curator accessible from disc 3 (maybe in the same way Condor TP NPC works) ? Although the Curator fight being the hardest in the mod, it might be a bad idea in terms of balance.

Edit: Got 2 small problems :
-Can't start the accessory vendor quest in Junon (maybe you deleted it ? I saw it in the documentation file, talked to all npc, no quest)
-Going  in Junon league will result as placing characters in your party in alphabetical order. Meaning if you go with Cid, he will be placed first, Cloud being switched to the middle. Using PHS Cloud can't be moved back to top position. I guess going to highwind and switching leader would fix this but it's quite an annoyance if we have to back in highwind each time.

Edit 2 : Dorky faces can't be morphed by melee characters ? They can attack/counter attack/steal/mug but they can't morph. "Can't be reached"

Oh yeah that, I deactivated it in the end but didn't remove it from the documentation. It was going to be delivering letters to different Shinra personnel.

Can you not use Order to move characters around in the party? Or do you mean that Cid gets set to be party leader if he's used for Junon Leagues?

I'll look into the Dorky Face thing; seems very strange that they can't be Morphed due to a range thing, but can be attacked normally.

After the last update, the game soft locks after the battle at the second reactor. And after I load the save, cloud starts walking backwards on the bridge 5 steps or so. Save anywhere tweak related?

[edit]
Nevermind. It is the save anywhere cheat messing up.

New bug though. Big yellow guard scorpion messing the flowers in the first church scenes.

The current patch fixes the scorp issue.

Hmm ..

Isn't the mistery prize reward at battle square a waste ? 32000 only for yellow wave when you need 9 oversoul shards for a craft being at 20k each, I just feel like I've wasted so much time doing twice the special battle while I could have already purchased 2 shards >.>. Well maybe it's worth, depending on how yellow wave works, does it simply set the defences to 0 or just reduce these ?

Also, (I will try later) but if we can redo the first junon league for the same reward (aka an oversoul shard), it would be faster to farm it instead of battle square.

Yellow Waves reduce enemy defences by 50% or so. I'll tweak the drop for the Mystery Prize, maybe make it one of those key items I need to place.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: 2016-04-14 17:40:22 »
Is it possible to place the missing Key Items like X-ATM Core and Pulse Ammo where they were supposed to drop but have a "Lost and Found" NPC in Bone Village for those who fought those battles after the appropiate patch? The idea is the NPC can check for various things to see if you are eligible to claim certain items.

Example: X-ATM Core
X-ATM Core can be claimed from Lost and Found under the following circumstances:

You must have defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the end of Barret's Sidequest (When you obtain Barret's L4 Limit Manual).
You must currently not have X-ATM Core or the Missing Score in your inventory.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: 2016-04-14 18:06:47 »
I would like to add a thing to the missing items list. I did all lvl 4 limit "quests" and have only received 6 Oversouls. I think Cid, Tifa and the last one i don't remember (maybe Aerith). If its intended, i sure wouldn't like to grind 81k battle points for the last three.

Also the Turks fight in Gelnika disappeared for me when i returned there in disc 3. I went there when i received the sub, lost to Reno and Rude to just try the fight before sleep => moved on with the story the next day and returned in disc 3. And "POOF" they were gone. Not sure if its the same in vanilla but hey i missed a boss battle nevertheless.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: 2016-04-14 18:25:05 »
Can you not use Order to move characters around in the party? Or do you mean that Cid gets set to be party leader if he's used for Junon Leagues?
Cloud is still the leader, that's why he can't be moved around. I mean when looking from top to bottom it's :
-Cid
-Cloud
-Yuffie

I can swap Cid & Yuffie from top and bottom but I can't move Cloud since he's the leader which means he needs to stay in the middle of the party. Going to highwind, asking Cloud to be your party leader fixes the problem.

I would like to add a thing to the missing items list. I did all lvl 4 limit "quests" and have only received 6 Oversouls. I think Cid, Tifa and the last one i don't remember (maybe Aerith). If its intended, i sure wouldn't like to grind 81k battle points for the last three.
I just tested, you can farm the first junon league and will be rewarded with an oversoul shard each time. (I don't know about the other leagues since I haven't done these yet). So yup, it makes the Battle Square quite pointless. A STR char with few counter attack materias will clear the league in something like 3 minutes while going through the special battle (Gold Saucer) will take something around 30 minutes exploiting all weaknesses/statuses to not even have a full shard (20k/22k).

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: 2016-04-14 20:03:10 »
Wish I had a team ;-;

Well the compliment still stands :D

-) I can make all the parts of Carry Armour vulnerable from the start; the AI phases should hold up, as they take priority over each other.

-) Ziegfried is the same as a Mystery Ninja encounter; I heard that the encounter rate for these is supposed to increase as you get further into the game. Stick to the Junon, Gongaga, or Rocket Area forests. If it turns out something's up and he's not showing (I'll sweep the flevel for the trigger in case it's flipped twice for whatever reason) I could add it as a late-game event that only shows up if he isn't fought by then, so that MP Plus can be dropped.

-) Giant enemy crab? Best to apply the flevel patch; that was removed from one of them.

-) Multiple Planet Materia? Should only be one drop, with more coming after you Master it. Is the drop farmable?

-) I'll set them to drop as Mastered; it's exactly the same, but looks nicer.

-) I've noticed a few times that sound effect volume seems to either drop significantly or rise a bit. Identifying the sources of them though will be tricky. If I do some tests I could maybe try adding a line to each event that uses a persistent sound effect that stabilises it as a catch-all.

-) Yeah, it was intended to refight it as many times as you want (the scorp will never die). As for key item placements, I've forgotten to move them around for the new build which means I need to move them all to places that are unmissable. Unless I implement a thing I was thinking about.

- Keelhaul may have just been me being an idiot and overstepping what I said a tad. Would be good to hear some others thoughts on it.

- I'll keep trying to find Zieg on Disc 3, might just be a case of not enough Cid Luck. I'll report back.

- Good that the crab was reported earlier. That came as quite a shock the first time(Good thing I saved frequently)

- In regards to Planet, yeah that's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear. So it is intended to get the one from where it is obtained and then leveled to Master to be split? So the only one Contain is a balance deal?

- Sound effect thing was just me being curious. No worries there.

- And good to know about Scorp. Thought I had borked something.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: 2016-04-14 20:12:51 »
Meh ._.

Junon leagues still bugged. I forgot Mithrain reported it. Second league gives you the Meteor cup reward, you can't join 3rd and 4th league as these stay greyed out, meaning you can't join Meteor cup being the last league. Also notice something, after last match of 2nd league, there was a match "Rudra vs Armstrong", Armstrong isn't even on second league, but is on first league. So, do you have any plan for these leagues or there's just nothing to put there ? I really like the design of all unique enemies in these league. It also might be a good solution for pulse ammo / Core for those who missed these if you have no plan ^^
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 20:15:09 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: 2016-04-14 21:42:08 »
Is it possible to place the missing Key Items like X-ATM Core and Pulse Ammo where they were supposed to drop but have a "Lost and Found" NPC in Bone Village for those who fought those battles after the appropiate patch? The idea is the NPC can check for various things to see if you are eligible to claim certain items.

Example: X-ATM Core
X-ATM Core can be claimed from Lost and Found under the following circumstances:

You must have defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the end of Barret's Sidequest (When you obtain Barret's L4 Limit Manual).
You must currently not have X-ATM Core or the Missing Score in your inventory.

That's a better idea than what I was going to do; I was gonna put a reset switch in that reactivates all the sidequests, etc.

Also the Turks fight in Gelnika disappeared for me when i returned there in disc 3. I went there when i received the sub, lost to Reno and Rude to just try the fight before sleep => moved on with the story the next day and returned in disc 3. And "POOF" they were gone. Not sure if its the same in vanilla but hey i missed a boss battle nevertheless.

Yeah, they disappear from the Gelnika at a certain point. I think it's after the Midgar Raid when they vanish, because that's the last encounter with them. As for Shards, I think you can get them from Leagues as well. There might be a Morph somewhere as well, but I'd need to check.

Cloud is still the leader, that's why he can't be moved around. I mean when looking from top to bottom it's :
-Cid
-Cloud
-Yuffie

I can swap Cid & Yuffie from top and bottom but I can't move Cloud since he's the leader which means he needs to stay in the middle of the party. Going to highwind, asking Cloud to be your party leader fixes the problem.
I just tested, you can farm the first junon league and will be rewarded with an oversoul shard each time. (I don't know about the other leagues since I haven't done these yet). So yup, it makes the Battle Square quite pointless. A STR char with few counter attack materias will clear the league in something like 3 minutes while going through the special battle (Gold Saucer) will take something around 30 minutes exploiting all weaknesses/statuses to not even have a full shard (20k/22k).

I'll definitely revise the Special Battle prize then.

Well the compliment still stands :D

- Keelhaul may have just been me being an idiot and overstepping what I said a tad. Would be good to hear some others thoughts on it.

- I'll keep trying to find Zieg on Disc 3, might just be a case of not enough Cid Luck. I'll report back.

- Good that the crab was reported earlier. That came as quite a shock the first time(Good thing I saved frequently)

- In regards to Planet, yeah that's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear. So it is intended to get the one from where it is obtained and then leveled to Master to be split? So the only one Contain is a balance deal?

- Sound effect thing was just me being curious. No worries there.

- And good to know about Scorp. Thought I had borked something.

Planet was only supposed to drop once; I'd better double-check the script. I guess it's sorta harmless though.

Meh ._.

Junon leagues still bugged. I forgot Mithrain reported it. Second league gives you the Meteor cup reward, you can't join 3rd and 4th league as these stay greyed out, meaning you can't join Meteor cup being the last league. Also notice something, after last match of 2nd league, there was a match "Rudra vs Armstrong", Armstrong isn't even on second league, but is on first league. So, do you have any plan for these leagues or there's just nothing to put there ? I really like the design of all unique enemies in these league. It also might be a good solution for pulse ammo / Core for those who missed these if you have no plan ^^

The 3rd/4th Leagues don't actually exist; as for the end, that should be a text-only error; the actual prizes given are correct (at least from what I could see). But I thought I'd corrected that text; maybe it was one of the changes that slipped when I started using the dark cave dev flevel for patches again. I'll check it out.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 21:43:47 by Sega Chief »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: 2016-04-15 03:51:59 »
Lis aka Tifa to Josh aka Cloud..

Lis:      "Josh! Is Rufus...?"
Josh:  "Nah, but I stole his shotgun."
Lis:      ".........why?"
Josh:  "Because I can can."
Lis:      "...
                  Just come on!"

Lmfao very nice surprise cutscene Sega Chief. Been loving this mod!!! By the by, is the Shotgun equippable?
« Last Edit: 2016-04-15 03:53:32 by JLOUTLAW »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: 2016-04-15 03:57:26 »
It's one of Vincent's weapons; you can buy them from Rocket Town as well. The Shotgun is special in that it targets all enemies.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: 2016-04-15 04:25:12 »
I saw in the status that's why I was hoping it was useable. Although Vincent's never really been a powerhouse for me and even the characters who are powerhouses normally are quite a bit weaker physically......except Tifa. She's a bad ass and already has learned her level 2 limits and I literally just left Midgar!!! By the way... nice callback to FF8 if you opt to put the 2 gals with Cloud and stick Barrett with Red XIII. Although in the next patch I would have Barrett say "have a nice time...." just like Squall does in FFVIII. Welp on to Kalm!!!

« Last Edit: 2016-04-15 04:27:23 by JLOUTLAW »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: 2016-04-15 06:04:46 »
Bug Reports:

- If Cid is the Party Leader on Disc 3, you are unable to place Cloud and Tifa in your party. If Tifa is the Party Leader on Disc 3, you can place both Cloud and Cid in your party. However on the World Map you will be moving around as Cloud and on Field Maps you'll be moving around as Tifa.

- I went to the Piano in Tifa's House on Disc 3 and read the letter, how does one "mete" out some kind of justice for the town?

-----

Personal Requests:

- I found the Robot Dragon in this release of NT, it needs to be renamed "Puff" immediately.

- Whenever you make a scene or flevel patch, is it possible you could give a more detailed list of the changes made?

EXAMPLE:
Instead of just saying "Omega Weapon revisions" could you detail what those revisions are:

-) Omega Weapon:
          - Terra Break is now 16 Base Power like other Physical Attacks (Down from 32).
          - Terra Break now ignores your Physical Defence stat.
          - Slash is now 16 Base Power like other Physical Attacks (Down from 40).
          - Corrected Omega Weapon's attack pattern so that Ultima comes before Light Pillar.
          - L5 Death will now correctly kill party members with levels divisable by 5 (If not protected from Sudden Death).

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: 2016-04-15 10:25:41 »
Counter attacks seems to not trigger all enemies "counter" techniques (I would say Counter attacks since Godo will keep healing on counter attacks). You might want to check "Soldier :1st" AI (Cloud lv 4 limit).

I know some of his techniques such "Courage Boost!" and "Healing wave" are triggered when he is affected by statuses (poison, slow, ..) but it "seems" (85% sure)  that attacks like "Air strike" and "Apocalypse" are counter attacks under X% hp (or at least it's what I felt when attacking him after having done 50%). I redid the fight but only using counter attacks as the damage source, and the fight was pretty easy since he was only using laser / comet / meteor shots / Chain Slash / Megaflare. I have no clue if it's intended or not. I don't think it's related to magic since Air Strike was triggered right after the time I used Mug = Added Cut.