Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4900795 times)

cha0tic

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4750 on: 2017-01-14 20:20:02 »
I'll get a scene patch up, was supposed to do it earlier but it slipped my mind.

The docs are slightly behind as well; Cid's thing was changed slightly and now activates from the backyard of his house (where the Tiny Bronco is), he needs to be in the party/party leader to follow the questline all the way.

Edit: But before that, I need to check if the key item was transferred across from the old one. I don't remember doing this so it might need to be added again.

Edit2: Got the patches made and uploading; I'll do a 7H IRO update as well.

Edit3: Scene + Flevel patches updated, and the IRO too:
-) Disk 3 asked for when Dark Cave finished (talk to lost & found NPC will do this when talked to as well)
-) Key Item Micro-Engine now available from Cid's Lv.4 Limit sidequest (lost & found NPC will add this if sidequest is finished)
-) Cid's option 1 on Rank=Up now gives correct number of Luck sources
-) Platinum Match animation problem fixed

For IRO users, all fixes since the last IRO have been implemented.

Just a heads-up for everyone though, I'm currently working through Arrange Mode so if you notice any problems or erratic behaviour with bosses/scripts that were previously working then let me know.

it.

The flevel shows Jan 12 on op, did you update it and not change the date?
Just updated scene and finished the level 4 limit for cid didn't get micro engine, and I reset his side quest. Will I have to redo it for the lost and found to get the item after your fix? Or do I have to redo it since I reset

edit - just saw the link says jan 14 but the OP does not, my bad was on mobile couldnt see the link.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 20:21:45 by cha0tic »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: 2017-01-14 20:27:03 »
The flevel shows Jan 12 on op, did you update it and not change the date?
Just updated scene and finished the level 4 limit for cid didn't get micro engine, and I reset his side quest. Will I have to redo it for the lost and found to get the item after your fix? Or do I have to redo it since I reset

edit - just saw the link says jan 14 but the OP does not, my bad was on mobile couldnt see the link.

The micro-engine (should) drop after the wall market shop fight. The prompt for reset unfortunately appears in the scripts before the micro-engine check so if that reset was used then the micro check on the lost&found NPC will likely fail; sorry about that.

Just to clarify, the scene update is for enemies only; flevel is for actual field scripts. The micro-engine key item drops as part of the field scripts, so it would need the flevel hotfix to appear.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-14 20:30:09 by Sega Chief »

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: 2017-01-14 20:45:12 »
is there a way to make the game let me go back into rocket town? i am feeling that i need to get different items before i can beat Dick head Tseng. but Cid wont let me

Meindratheal

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: 2017-01-14 22:01:36 »
Found a random little oversight. I've just finished the Temple of the Ancients, decided to go get the Mythrill. Went back into the town under Junon and noticed Aeris is still there.

The first boss in the Temple was good fun, my first thought was "oh god no" but then it was a pleasant surprise. Still really enjoying this mod!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: 2017-01-15 06:27:58 »
is there a way to make the game let me go back into rocket town? i am feeling that i need to get different items before i can beat d*ck head Tseng. but Cid wont let me

I could have a shot at scripting it so you can leave and come back. For now, try these:

-) Protect Vest halves Shoot-element attacks; this can make his attacks much less dangerous (Turk Comet is also Shoot element, unlike regular Comet)
-) Turk Haste applies Haste & Resist; Dispel should remove both effects.
-) Turk Flare is Fire element, so protecting from this will take his strongest magic attack out of the equation.
-) The soldiers he appears with can be hit by any status ailment; Frog/Mini should be effective, or instant-KO with Remove.
-) Tseng's AI is similar to Rude's AI; if Aeris is in the party he'll avoid attacking her, and if she's the sole surviving party member he'll default to an AI where he uses Warning Shot instead of normal attacks (depends if you can PHS her in or not).

Found a random little oversight. I've just finished the Temple of the Ancients, decided to go get the Mythrill. Went back into the town under Junon and noticed Aeris is still there.

The first boss in the Temple was good fun, my first thought was "oh god no" but then it was a pleasant surprise. Still really enjoying this mod!

I forgot about that; I'll get around to it at some point. Glad to hear you're still enjoying it.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: 2017-01-15 18:07:22 »
Hello there, it has been a long time. I didn't have any time left for playing this mod last year so I dropped it (around march I think). I'm seeing that it's still in 1.4 but seems to have been patched a lot since last time I played, so I was wondering if there are new additions or if those are just fixes/rebalances. I'm actually thinking about starting a new save, is there things I should know before ? (I will do a proper install by uninstalling and deleting old folders ofc) / Any patch logs readable ?

Anyway it's great to see you keep working on it Sega Chief ! That's an amazing work you have done. It has been probably asked thousand of times - and sorry since I don't actually want to read 40 pages right now :p - but are you still planning an Arrange version or whatever it was called  (Loved the one in 1.35, was a bit sad it didn't make it to 1.4 first :D) ? Also any news about a FF 8 mod ?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-15 19:07:31 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: 2017-01-15 20:00:12 »
Hello there, it has been a long time. I didn't have any time left for playing this mod last year so I dropped it (around march I think). I'm seeing that it's still in 1.4 but seems to have been patched a lot since last time I played, so I was wondering if there are new additions or if those are just fixes/rebalances. I'm actually thinking about starting a new save, is there things I should know before ? (I will do a proper install by uninstalling and deleting old folders ofc) / Any patch logs readable ?

Anyway it's great to see you keep working on it Sega Chief ! That's an amazing work you have done. It has been probably asked thousand of times - and sorry since I don't actually want to read 40 pages right now :p - but are you still planning an Arrange version or whatever it was called  (Loved the one in 1.35, was a bit sad it didn't make it to 1.4 first :D) ? Also any news about a FF 8 mod ?

Arrange Mode is what I'm currently working on; it's going pretty quickly. As far as a new save goes, I think it's mostly just been updates since 1.4's release so nothing special to know.

For the FF8 mod I've mostly been experimenting with the tools and drafting up design documents; ideas on how to tackle problems with the game and make certain mechanics like Summons more involved and interesting. Unlike FF7 NT I'll have an alpha build of that mod out beforehand so I can get feedback on the battle system as it'll be quite tough to pin down with the Level scaling so watch this space.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: 2017-01-15 20:17:33 »
Arrange Mode is what I'm currently working on; it's going pretty quickly. As far as a new save goes, I think it's mostly just been updates since 1.4's release so nothing special to know.

For the FF8 mod I've mostly been experimenting with the tools and drafting up design documents; ideas on how to tackle problems with the game and make certain mechanics like Summons more involved and interesting. Unlike FF7 NT I'll have an alpha build of that mod out beforehand so I can get feedback on the battle system as it'll be quite tough to pin down with the Level scaling so watch this space.

Oh snap, you're working on an FFVIII mod as well!? If it's going to be anything as robust as New Threat, I think we'll all be in for a real treat!   :-D

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: 2017-01-15 20:20:06 »
Glad to hear that :) I'll keep lurking then, I'm really excited about the Arrange mode and curious about FF8 ^^

SuperDonkeyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: 2017-01-15 21:19:23 »
It won't let me install it.

It reads "The Destination Directory doesn't contain any file to update."

Can you guys help me out?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: 2017-01-15 23:02:54 »
Are you specifying the correct folder? It should be this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data

Or its equivalent in a 1998/Old installation. If the specified folder in the installer is wrongly listed then let me know.

SuperDonkeyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: 2017-01-16 03:38:15 »
Thanks but now my controller doesn't work with it now. I dunno why but is the FFVII reunion translation goes with this mod?

zhugeliang123

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: 2017-01-16 06:08:24 »
I have been watching your videos on youtube and wanted to give this mod a try! Unfortunately i tried to patch my steam version of FF7 and it keep telling me there is not enough disk space. Im not too sure what that means as i have more than enough space for the patch. I tired copying the Data file onto the desktop and ran as admin to install the patcher and still got the same result. I even tried a earlier patch, April 22nd, just to see if i got a similar error and i did. is there something wrong i am doing?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: 2017-01-16 10:00:34 »
Thanks but now my controller doesn't work with it now. I dunno why but is the FFVII reunion translation goes with this mod?

Not sure what you mean by that; the FF7 reunion is a separate mod. I don't know how controller support ties into it.

I have been watching your videos on youtube and wanted to give this mod a try! Unfortunately i tried to patch my steam version of FF7 and it keep telling me there is not enough disk space. Im not too sure what that means as i have more than enough space for the patch. I tired copying the Data file onto the desktop and ran as admin to install the patcher and still got the same result. I even tried a earlier patch, April 22nd, just to see if i got a similar error and i did. is there something wrong i am doing?

Maybe it's an OS issue; is it Windows 10? I'll get a temporary solution to you when I get back from college today.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: 2017-01-16 10:11:39 »
Hey just a litle question, in the sp menu, there is sephiroth and a ??? Character, does it means that we can play sephiroth in your mod? I suppose no but wanted to ask you ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: 2017-01-16 10:43:33 »
Hey just a litle question, in the sp menu, there is sephiroth and a ??? Character, does it means that we can play sephiroth in your mod? I suppose no but wanted to ask you ^^

No, it's a limitation with the characters; Vincent is 'Sephiroth' in the game's files until he is recruited at which point his data overwrites Sephiroth. Because the SP menu uses the stored character names, it means it'll display Seph's name instead of Vincent until then.

And this might be a good time to mention that ? ? ? ? will be used for its intended purpose in Arrange Mode.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: 2017-01-16 11:19:44 »
Hey Sega Chief, found a game breaking bug in the latest build. Upon arriving in Rocket Town for the first time, right when you get into the battle with Palmer, it'll start loading the final battle with Sephiroth, and then immediately crash.  :o  I'm using the IRO version you provided, not the one in the catalog.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-16 12:01:37 by iDerek759 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: 2017-01-16 12:21:10 »
Hey Sega Chief, found a game breaking bug in the latest build. Upon arriving in Rocket Town for the first time, right when you get into the battle with Palmer, it'll start loading the final battle with Sephiroth, and then immediately crash.  :o  I'm using the IRO version you provided, not the one in the catalog.

I'll sort that when I get back.

zhugeliang123

• View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: 2017-01-16 14:02:45 »

Maybe it's an OS issue; is it Windows 10? I'll get a temporary solution to you when I get back from college today.

Yes i am running Windows 10, Thanks Sega for responding so quickly XD! I have been so eager to play this mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: 2017-01-16 20:54:58 »

Got a patch uploading for it now.

Yes i am running Windows 10, Thanks Sega for responding so quickly XD! I have been so eager to play this mod.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7/XP? I'll be getting a work-around together in the meantime (it'll be ready in an hour or so).

Edit: Flevel patch is up
« Last Edit: 2017-01-16 21:15:26 by Sega Chief »

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: 2017-01-16 21:35:14 »
Is their a new game plus? I've seen some talk about it.

Question how are you supposed to survive the platinum Match or kotr boss since they basically use omnislash?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: 2017-01-16 22:02:44 »
Is their a new game plus? I've seen some talk about it.

Question how are you supposed to survive the platinum Match or kotr boss since they basically use omnislash?

I'm guessing you mean Omega's Terra Break? If you use Defend beforehand/have someone in Defend when he reaches this attack then it should deal 0 damage just like the FF8 version of the same attack (3rd post down): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197343-final-fantasy-viii/47986998
Otherwise, Peerless from Gospel Sparks or Great Gospel Limit can do the trick. Note that only one person has to use Defend, not the whole party.

For the KOTR cave, his Mammon Machine attack gets used after he's been hit 40 times. He changes phase when 2 conditions are met a) he's completed an attack cycle, and b) 13 or more actions have been used against him. On the first phase change he'll summon the two bots. On the second he'll fly up into the air and become long range. On the third, Mammon Machine will be used and every attack after that will prompt its use. Counter-attacks do not count toward the tally (as far as I know).

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: 2017-01-16 22:11:39 »
I'm guessing you mean Omega's Terra Break? If you use Defend beforehand/have someone in Defend when he reaches this attack then it should deal 0 damage just like the FF8 version of the same attack (3rd post down): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197343-final-fantasy-viii/47986998
Otherwise, Peerless from Gospel Sparks or Great Gospel Limit can do the trick. Note that only one person has to use Defend, not the whole party.

For the KOTR cave, his Mammon Machine attack gets used after he's been hit 40 times. He changes phase when 2 conditions are met a) he's completed an attack cycle, and b) 13 or more actions have been used against him. On the first phase change he'll summon the two bots. On the second he'll fly up into the air and become long range. On the third, Mammon Machine will be used and every attack after that will prompt its use. Counter-attacks do not count toward the tally (as far as I know).

I forgot about the defend option entirely lol, the gospel spark is good for the whole battle or just that one use when he uses terra break? How do I get around mammon machine? He's one boss that I'm stuck on. Sorry if I'm pestering for a answer I'm just clueless.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: 2017-01-16 22:20:04 »
I forgot about the defend option entirely lol, the gospel spark is good for the whole battle or just that one use when he uses terra break? How do I get around mammon machine? He's one boss that I'm stuck on. Sorry if I'm pestering for a answer I'm just clueless.

Sparks should last a while if you're using Wait ATB; if you inflict Slow on the character beforehand, then use Peerless, it'll last even longer. Handy if you load that character up on counter materia for some free hits.

Netz needs you to make every attack count; one trick you could try is not attacking until he's finished his attack cycle. After it's done, he should stop attacking until he's been hit a few times; that's your opportunity to recover and then let loose with your hardest-hitting attacks. Limits, Mime, Quadra, MP Turbo, whatever you've got. He's weak to Bolt and Water as well like most machines, so 4X-Cut with Elemental (should) return some decent results. He's got 420,000HP in him which means you'll fall just shy of getting him before 39-40 attacks if you're hitting for 9999 each time; try to use multi-hit attacks that can exceed this damage cap (and remember that W-Magic/W-Summon count as separate casts).

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: 2017-01-16 22:23:49 »
Sparks should last a while if you're using Wait ATB; if you inflict Slow on the character beforehand, then use Peerless, it'll last even longer. Handy if you load that character up on counter materia for some free hits.

Netz needs you to make every attack count; one trick you could try is not attacking until he's finished his attack cycle. After it's done, he should stop attacking until he's been hit a few times; that's your opportunity to recover and then let loose with your hardest-hitting attacks. Limits, Mime, Quadra, MP Turbo, whatever you've got. He's weak to Bolt and Water as well like most machines, so 4X-Cut with Elemental (should) return some decent results. He's got 420,000HP in him which means you'll fall just shy of getting him before 39-40 attacks if you're hitting for 9999 each time; try to use multi-hit attacks that can exceed this damage cap (and remember that W-Magic/W-Summon count as separate casts).

Thanks a lot man, I understand it now it's 40 turns or you die. I guess I need to do more gathering, I have 4 cut on my 3 members but we don't hit 9999 even with or ultimate weapons and at level 89.

I'll try that elemental trick, thanks again for the amazing mod you got my addicted to ff7 again. Been playing since it's came out and man I'm enjoying the crap out of it with NT!