Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837107 times)

Higgenbobber

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9991)
« Reply #11425 on: 2022-10-07 00:08:16 »
So I want to play on hard mode but I'd rather not grind for steal/morph gil.  In fact, I don't really care about gil at all in this game-- is there a way to disable the no gil mechanic?  Or is there some cheat I can do to just give myself infinite gil?

Edit: Okay I just used the Black Chocobo trainer to modify my gil so I suppose that works.  Will you consider an option to disable the gil mechanic?  Everything else about hard mode sounds great! Thank you for the mod.  I'm really enjoying it!  I especially loved the "reward" from Heidegger for completely failing the Junon military reception minigame haha.

I did have trouble getting the Key to the Basement in Shinra mansion.  I checked all the chests and they didn't have the key as I read on this forum.  The chest next to the safe still remains the Enemy Launcher with the note on the lid.  Opening the safe gives Odin but no key as expected.  This was on Game Type A - Hard mode (started on regular).  I was able to get past it by adding the key item using Black Chocobo trainer.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-07 09:49:08 by Higgenbobber »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: 2022-10-07 12:07:21 »
So I want to play on hard mode but I'd rather not grind for steal/morph gil.  In fact, I don't really care about gil at all in this game-- is there a way to disable the no gil mechanic?  Or is there some cheat I can do to just give myself infinite gil?

Edit: Okay I just used the Black Chocobo trainer to modify my gil so I suppose that works.  Will you consider an option to disable the gil mechanic?  Everything else about hard mode sounds great! Thank you for the mod.  I'm really enjoying it!  I especially loved the "reward" from Heidegger for completely failing the Junon military reception minigame haha.

I did have trouble getting the Key to the Basement in Shinra mansion.  I checked all the chests and they didn't have the key as I read on this forum.  The chest next to the safe still remains the Enemy Launcher with the note on the lid.  Opening the safe gives Odin but no key as expected.  This was on Game Type A - Hard mode (started on regular).  I was able to get past it by adding the key item using Black Chocobo trainer.

Yeah, the gil thing hasn't been too popular so will probably be shelved; although will be working on a stand-alone hard-mode mod next year at some point.

About the key, this is one of those things where I'm kind of having to figure out what's been done here as I've completely forgotten; from the script, it looks like Vincent was made mandatory by having the basement key 'unlock' the lab part of the basement instead, meaning he has to be talked to in order to advance (with his own room now unlocked by default). The key used to be in a chest I think in older builds so that Vincent wasn't tied behind unlocking the safe.

If you've not recruited Vincent, I think it should be fine; his conditional checks in the script should all still be intact but if you do encounter problems I'd nip back and grab him.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: 2022-10-13 21:39:58 »
Came back to this for the most recent version, and once again NT does not disappoint! I do miss some of the extra stuff from 1.5, though I haven't touched Game B yet.

A Few things I wanna say

-Hard Mode is barely any different from Normal Mode aside from no Gil and steals being slightly harder until you get Free Sneak Glove Yuffie. Gaining no Gil from randoms was the Real Hard Mode since it made all of your shopping up until Mideel very strict, and making you decide between stocking up on recovery items, new materia, or new weapons, and even who gets new gear. Once you reach Mideel, money becomes abundant via being able to morph a crapton of Crystal Gloves to sell for 8k Gil per glove (which becomes even easier and faster to farm once you get the majestic Mega All Materia).
 >I feel like making a Hard Mode with enemies (especially bosses) that are actually stronger that require planning & strategy beyond Wall+All & Haste+All and specifically designed around No Gil from Randoms would make for a brilliant NT Hard Mode.

-I Love the changes to limits, especially the Lv.4 Limits. Everyone (except Tifa and Aerith) having Physical and Magical Limits is great since it rewards players for stepping out of a character's preferred role (most of these being some form of Physical Attacker lol). I love the additional effects Nanaki and Yuffie get on their Lv.4 Limits, and it makes me wish the others got a little more love to their Lv.4 Limits as well
 >I think Nanaki could do with either having Howling Moon and Stardust swapped, or having Howling Moon giving him a boost to his Magic Damage and give MP Regen. His Lv.3 Limit set is kinda very lackluster on the magic side, plus Berserk is too harsh of a drawback against bosses and rather pointless against Randoms when you could use Earth Rave and likely clear out the randoms even faster than with Howling Moon buffs + Berserk.
 >Cait having Transform as a Lv.1 Limit and a Slots Limit is very redundant and makes getting the roll for Slots Transform even more disappointing. Maybe swap one of the two to an attack that uses his Current HP for damage? His HP (and his Luck) is his greatest strength for most of the game, so it'd be nice to give him a way to weaponize it other than staying at dangerously low HP for using the enemy skill ? ? ? ? (hell, giving him a weapon or two that uses Luck for damage calc would make for a fun physical attacker Cait build if that's possible)
 >Everyone gets new additional effects to their limits except Tifa. I can kinda get why given how her limits work, but it does kinda feel like she got the short end of the stick, especially since none of her limits are Magic based. Is there anything you could do to spice up her limits, especially to encourage other builds for her besides dumping all her SPs on Strength boosting ones?
 >It's a massive pain grinding out everyone's limits until you get Slash All. I had gotten up to Cosmo Canyon/Gold Saucer (i don't remember which off the top of my head) and just barely got Cloud's Lv.2 Limits unlocked. I can understand Cloud's kill count needing to be higher than the others to unlock his limits, but I feel the others could do with a lower kill requirement for at least their Lv.2 Limits to encourage shuffling around party members more. (Vincent is the easiest one to get all limits, but Vincent still sucks lol)

-I do want to mention that a few fights that did survive from 1.5, mostly related to Lv.4 Limit quests, have been toned down a little too far for my tastes.

Spoiler: show
-Da Chao Spirit was one of the hardest Lv.4 Limit fights from 1.5, and now she's barely strong enough to even be considered a boss. Removing the Quicksand Final Attack from her Familiars was a much needed change since it was just Excessive in 1.5, but they still barely had any bite to their bark.
 -X-ATM Prime wasn't very difficult to begin with in 1.5 if i remember right, but now it barely puts up a fight.
 -Cait Sith's sidequest boss was... There. I was sorely disappointed that it barely even got in one attack before I beat it, and I'm pretty sure that one attack was casting Haste on itself. It was even more disappointing since a lot of work had gone into making and refining the models used for this fight, along with the really eerie and well done set-up for it. (Also does the Dark Matter you get from this sidequest do anything?)
 -Totally-Not-Gilgamesh was more fun than in 1.5, though he was still kind of a pushover. Since you get a full recovery between Ziegfried and fighting Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh could definitely stand to have a bit more going for him. Also side note but it was nice seeing the COMMANDO Gal from 1.5 making a cameo in the Special Round
 -Shinryu and Omega was also an improvement from 1.5, not much to say other than it's better than before lol

and on the other end of the spectrum...
 -I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Ozma's fight, but at one point in one attempt, Ozma got like 8 turns in a row obliterating my party. On the positive side, Ozma is no longer the absolute joke it was in 1.5. on the negative side, Ozma feels even more RNG than its original battle in FF9 since it can pull out a devastating Meteor as a counter.
 -Emerald Weapon is Excessively Powerful and is W A Y too bulky for a 20 minute timer. I'm even being cheap with Nanaki and Aerith for infinite Limit Breaks, and I still don't think I even got halfway down Emerald's HP pool before the 20 minutes ran out. the Eyes attack FAR too fast, and Emerald being able to Haste itself is way too much on top of being able to remove your buffs.

A couple issues I've noticed while playing are Renew being affected by MBarrier, making it a Worse Cure 3 (even moreso with Cure 3 being able to be paired with All/Mega All), Mustard Bomb has No Sound at all, and there's a purple materia in Rocket Town post-Rocket Launch that I can't interact with. I assume this is supposed to be where Long Range gets moved to if you missed it earlier (I picked up Long Range as soon as I was able to)

-A smaller issue I noticed was with Added Effect=Materia with positive status effects. I tried having Aerith hit the party with Regen via a normal attack and... Regen doesn't apply to anyone. Tried it with Barrier, MBarrier, and even Reflect. Nothing worked. (also could we maybe get more weapons like Aerith's healing staffs for other characters for fun support things that the splinter materias with positive effects are for?)
-Goblin Song costs no MP, which is pretty OP considering it's Life 2 on the party + Fury on the enemies. Might wanna fix this :P
-I'm not sure if the extra bosses in this game have extremely high physical defense, or if Cloud's Ultima Weapon isn't working right, because Cloud's Omnislash barely reaches 350 per hit, even with Elemental Materia paired with the boss' weakness. I'm hoping it's the latter, cuz battles have mostly been spamming Turbo MP'd Comet 2's until the boss dies.
-Speaking of Comet, it's really much too strong from the time you get it, and even moreso with Turbo MP. These two Spells basically render all other attack spells moot. even casting Pearl from Aerith with Turbo MP on a Holy Weak enemy struggles to match Comet 2's power.
-Small note, but sometimes when killing Emerald Weapon's eyes, it's mode change causes the pop-dialogue "Carmine is switching to Limit Mode!" rather than the intended "Emerald is switching to Limit Mode!"

I'm still working my way through the end/post-game content, and i'm enjoying it for the most part! I'm about to go against
the super secret boss behind the cryptic puzzle,
and after I finally beat the weapons, I think I'll try out Game Mode B

EDIT to avoid double posting:

I got around to finishing Game Mode A (sorta. the game softlocked in the Cloud Sephiroth 1v1 because Cloud had Sneak Attack=Wall equipped... whoops...) and I wanted to give more thoughts before diving into Game Mode B

-I finally beat Emerald after accidentally discovering a devastating strategy while taking a swing at Ruby of Party Reflect -> Pandora's Box. It almost felt like it was necessary to be obnoxiously cheap without resorting to Peerless to ignore incoming damage against Emerald while still beating it within the 20 minute time limit given how much time it wastes with its attacks and especially its eyes.
 -Ruby felt like a fine battle after I had Pandora's Box to heal my team while keeping up the damage, and it felt like it'd just be a matter of planning out my support materia set-up for Ruby.... until I accidentally discovered Pandora's Box is reflectable when I had put up reflect in hopes Ultima could be reflected. Then this fight turned into bullying Ruby into oblivion
 -The Calamity was honest to god everything I had been hoping for from a Hard Mode: incredibly difficult while not being impossible. It felt somewhat RNG since its Attack x4 move could KO 2 characters if one of them didn't get a lucky dodge to bring it down to only one KO'd and one badly injured, but I never felt like the fight was beyond my control. This fight made me have to rethink my materia and even my accessories to obtain victory, and boy that victory was the sweetest thing in NT.

-Sephiroth was an understandable step down from the previous boss, though the Safer form was... boring, since it was just Doublecasting Comet + Mime spam until he died since his defenses were far too high to attack him in any other way.

I was originally worried that I'd have to make use of Peerless to beat The Secret Boss, but the more I tried, the more I realized that I just needed to refine my strategy and my gear more and more, and I really wish more of NT Hard Mode had that. too many bosses could be brute forced through with Comet/Comet 2 spam without much thought, so much so that I only bothered levelling up Contain, Hydro, Pearl, and Ultima just to get the Master Magic Materia, and didn't even bother levelling up the Core Materia. I think that Comet should be pushed into later into the game because it really is so obscenely powerful it makes even Ultima pale in comparison. Maybe swap its placement with Contain?

Oh also would it be possible to add a 2nd Final Boss for the 2nd Party you make against Bizarro Sephiroth? I always found it weird and kinda disappointing that they never got a fight after Bizarro, even as a kid.

one final thing I wanna add before diving into Game Mode B is that I feel draining moves were nerfed a little too hard across the board, especially in the case of Osmose. Osmose drains so little it's basically not worth using until the extra bosses where it will always drain ~250MP per cast. I totally understand why HP Draining needed to be nerfed, since it really was hilariously broken (my main strat back in 1.5 was Cid Drain Tanking for the team with 2 Covers and 4 Counter Attacks while wielding the Venus Gospel, so I'm VERY aware how broken it was lol), but MP Draining is almost not worth slotting in Osmose/MP Absorb at all, aside from sticking it on the Master Magic Materia.

I'm gonna go and beat Sephiroth while avoiding the softlock, then dive into Game Mode B. I can't wait to see what Mode B has in store! :D
« Last Edit: 2022-10-17 02:23:11 by PokeFaize »

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: 2022-10-25 03:39:34 »
and on the other end of the spectrum...
 -I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Ozma's fight, but at one point in one attempt, Ozma got like 8 turns in a row obliterating my party. On the positive side, Ozma is no longer the absolute joke it was in 1.5. on the negative side, Ozma feels even more RNG than its original battle in FF9 since it can pull out a devastating Meteor as a counter.
 -Emerald Weapon is Excessively Powerful and is W A Y too bulky for a 20 minute timer. I'm even being cheap with Nanaki and Aerith for infinite Limit Breaks, and I still don't think I even got halfway down Emerald's HP pool before the 20 minutes ran out. the Eyes attack FAR too fast, and Emerald being able to Haste itself is way too much on top of being able to remove your buffs.

Funnily enough, those fights are almost too easy to trivialize by using the defense-ignoring weapons. Despite their lower attack power, they increase your damage output so much they make those enemies a joke to fight, especially when paired with multi-attack setups (cuts and/or multiple counters). I've gotten them to 7,000+ damage per hit with fairly little effort or grinding, which is pretty massive for guaranteed damage.

Counter in particular is also too strong in general; especially (but not exclusively) at endgame. It's multiple hits PLUS multiple (virtual) turns, and it even gets around enemy counters as counters can't themselves be countered. Even Super Secret Dude can be trivialized with mass Counter (I used Yuffie with 255 Luck and Conformer, for near-max damage crits). It's definitely a materia that should be considered for limitation, i.e. disabling growth (automatic master) and throttling acquisition.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-25 03:41:16 by BiOMEGA »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: 2022-10-25 06:05:41 »
I had honestly forgotten about Defense ignoring weapons LOL
I'll have to keep them in mind for my run in Game Mode B :D
still, I think Comet should be pushed further back into the game to limit it a bit more (and maybe sorta un-nerf damage boosts when hitting Elemental Weakness?) lol

I can definitely see that Counterattack would be super strong with Ignore Defense weapons (it was stupidly powerful even in 1.5 with Cid Venus Gospel Drain Tanking, hitting back 4-5 times each time he took a hit lol), though it's underwhelming with other weapons (also I think Ozma was able to counter counters? I still don't really know what was going on with that lol).

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11430 on: 2022-11-02 04:52:46 »
Item / Stuff location document says the boss that is fought immediately on getting Red XIII is where I can acquire Matra Magic.

Are there any other enemies that could have it on Mode B? If not then that is one spell I will have missed on this playthrough of the game. Not a massive issue, but still a little frustrating knowing I missed it because I wiped out the trash too quickly.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: 2022-11-02 09:17:28 »
Item / Stuff location document says the boss that is fought immediately on getting Red XIII is where I can acquire Matra Magic.

Are there any other enemies that could have it on Mode B? If not then that is one spell I will have missed on this playthrough of the game. Not a massive issue, but still a little frustrating knowing I missed it because I wiped out the trash too quickly.

you can also get from elsewhere. just outside midgar, then much later deathclaw still has that eskill alongside the other tank type looking enemies after junon raid, there is a few other enemies which has that eskill as well, can't remember locations off top of head.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: 2022-11-05 16:45:22 »
you can also get from elsewhere. just outside midgar, then much later deathclaw still has that eskill alongside the other tank type looking enemies after junon raid, there is a few other enemies which has that eskill as well, can't remember locations off top of head.

One of the robots have it. Went off to collect after I'd gotten Highwind.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: 2022-11-06 01:19:23 »
Yeah, the gil thing hasn't been too popular so will probably be shelved; although will be working on a stand-alone hard-mode mod next year at some point.

About the key, this is one of those things where I'm kind of having to figure out what's been done here as I've completely forgotten; from the script, it looks like Vincent was made mandatory by having the basement key 'unlock' the lab part of the basement instead, meaning he has to be talked to in order to advance (with his own room now unlocked by default). The key used to be in a chest I think in older builds so that Vincent wasn't tied behind unlocking the safe.

If you've not recruited Vincent, I think it should be fine; his conditional checks in the script should all still be intact but if you do encounter problems I'd nip back and grab him.

Hello Sega Chief,

I tried the mod last year, liked it at hard difficulty, but the gil mechanic just forced me to go into battles in grind mode for morph, which isn't really fun imo. So i've just waited for a fix to the gil issue.
I deeply apreciate the work you've done and i'm eager to play it, is there going to be a fix soon? Not sure if it's easy or fast to fix, i'm just wondering.

Cheers 8-)

Damy

• View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: 2022-11-06 12:04:57 »
Oh I just remembered about something a few months ago but forgot to report here. The teleportation guy to Condor's battle doesn't appear in all triggers. I think there was 1 or 2 times he didn't appear and I had to go the long way instead. Maybe you should double check it.

Thanks.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: 2022-11-10 07:08:51 »
Hello Sega Chief,

I tried the mod last year, liked it at hard difficulty, but the gil mechanic just forced me to go into battles in grind mode for morph, which isn't really fun imo. So i've just waited for a fix to the gil issue.
I deeply apreciate the work you've done and i'm eager to play it, is there going to be a fix soon? Not sure if it's easy or fast to fix, i'm just wondering.

Cheers 8-)

Yeeeaaaah, no gil is kinda silly. I found myself turning that mode off knowing I'd be hyper-inflated with gil at end-game anyways and items are very essential with how much magic costs. Some spells just absolutely chunk the MP pool (some understandably so, looking at you Comet) so I had to wrestle between "well, I can give up weapons, but, I need a healthy stock of ethers and potions." Since gil is plentiful regardless of where you're at in the game without it enabled I was intending to just immediately bump it back on once I've gotten to the Northern Crater.

Someone earlier said it but I'ma parrot it here too.... Comet is too strong to NOT rely on as soon as it's obtainable. Bosses like Carry Armor are a bit frustrating to deal with without Defense Ignoring attacks.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: 2022-11-12 03:07:39 »
Got to Northern Crater. New Threats NPC on the Highwind that talks about the added content says you can change party leaders after reaching the bottom of the Northern Crater. This is false, I changed to Cid immediately after entering disc 3. Using Cid as Party Lead to enter the Northern Crater causes the first screen of the crater to load in, briefly, but it then yeets you and loads in the chocobo stable on the Highwind instead. Loading Cid outside the room. He's stuck unless you wiggle around a bit and worm yourself back into the doorway which causes you to enter the load-zone to exit the stable. Swapping back to Cloud seems to have fixed it, or prevented it from continuing to happen anyways. Dunno what will happen if I use Tifa as party lead in this manner.

Weird bug. That's all I know about it.

Dunno if someone mentioned it already, or not, but Cait Sith's side quest in Disc 3 is bugged. Screen fades to white and the game locks.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-14 03:31:49 by Saberfrost »

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: 2022-11-14 23:16:48 »
A minor thing: in Type B, at the very beginning of the game, one of Tifa's dialogue boxes has her name on it before you actually select a name for her.

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: 2022-11-19 19:11:34 »
Someone earlier said it but I'ma parrot it here too.... Comet is too strong to NOT rely on as soon as it's obtainable. Bosses like Carry Armor are a bit frustrating to deal with without Defense Ignoring attacks.
I've played through again, and to expand on this a bit - the problem is bosses where the high DEF is a mechanic. Carry Armor is one of them: you're supposed to kill the arms first, then the body's DEF drops to normal levels and you can kill it. But DEF-ignoring attacks allow you to skip that. It's especially egregious once you get multiple DEF-ignoring weapons, as bosses like e.g. Proud Clod or Hojo's final form get their effective HP cut dramatically if you simply ignore their "armor" and go straight for the body with DEF-ignoring attacks. Something that is easy, even trivial, to do once you get two heavy hitters like e.g. Barret and Cid stacked with STR and Drill Arm/Spirit Lance.

At least Comet has a limiting factor in that it's an MP sponge. Attacks are free, can be multiplied by Added Cut & W/X-Attack and counters, and take little special setup (since you're doing what you'd normally be doing on any attacker).

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: 2022-11-23 21:20:11 »
I've played through again, and to expand on this a bit - the problem is bosses where the high DEF is a mechanic. Carry Armor is one of them: you're supposed to kill the arms first, then the body's DEF drops to normal levels and you can kill it. But DEF-ignoring attacks allow you to skip that. It's especially egregious once you get multiple DEF-ignoring weapons, as bosses like e.g. Proud Clod or Hojo's final form get their effective HP cut dramatically if you simply ignore their "armor" and go straight for the body with DEF-ignoring attacks. Something that is easy, even trivial, to do once you get two heavy hitters like e.g. Barret and Cid stacked with STR and Drill Arm/Spirit Lance.

At least Comet has a limiting factor in that it's an MP sponge. Attacks are free, can be multiplied by Added Cut & W/X-Attack and counters, and take little special setup (since you're doing what you'd normally be doing on any attacker).

Even against bosses without that sort of mechanic, Defense Ignoring Attacks completely overshadow all other means of damage by a longshot (even moreso with x2/x4 Cut, W-Magic, Quadra-Magic, Deathblow=Added-Cut, Magic-Counter=Comet, and Counterattack)

My original statement about Comet being overpowered was including Comet 2 since that's 6 hits of non-elemental damage boosted by Turbo MP. Even Aerith with near max Magic quadra-casting a Turbo MP'd Pearl on Ozma (who is weak to Holy) couldn't outdo Turbo MP'd Comet 2.

Also while I had the game open to double check how many hits Comet 2 did, I scrolled over Dragon Force (Berserk + Haste + Auto-Crits) then compared it to Howling Moon (Berserk + Haste + Wall + Atk+) and laughed at how bad of a Limit Howling Moon is. Maybe scrap the Berserk entirely from it (unless it's hard-coded), and change it to a party-wide buff that grants MP Regen (call it Surge or smth) and, if possible, maybe give a single "charge" of Quadra-Magic to all of the party's spells? or maybe grant Magic Critical Hits if possible? Idk just something to get rid of Berserk while also not being made redundant by an Enemy Skill, but also sticking with Howling Moon giving buffs.

Exterium

• View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: 2022-11-24 14:48:20 »
I'm trying to install new threat alongside the reunion, but there isn't a "new_translation" option on options.ini, so I can't set it to "n".

Is this not required anymore? What should I do instead?

EDIT

If anyone gets here looking for the same:
hey, thank you! it seems in the more recent reunion installation, the options.ini folder doesn't have the translation line anymore, and it's just

[MAIN]
Enabled = y
Weapon_mode = 1
Fahrenheit = n
Transparent_Battle_Hud = y

but changing "Enabled" does what "New_Translation" did in the past, and things are working properly now! i'm not sure why i didn't just try changing this value before, but i appreciate your help!

Also, make sure the name of the folder in the .ini matches the folder of the mod, the numbers may be different.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-24 15:02:47 by Exterium »

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: 2022-11-25 17:56:50 »
Still on my to-do list; mastering all the green materia to get Master Magic. But was the Huge (Green) Materia changed to require mastering Splinter materia as well?

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: 2022-11-25 19:07:48 »
Still on my to-do list; mastering all the green materia to get Master Magic. But was the Huge (Green) Materia changed to require mastering Splinter materia as well?

The "item location" document says they're not required, but I mastered them anyway while AP Grinding Mega Alls and the like just to be on the safe side

I hope we get more Restorative Weapons to make more use of most of the splinter materias (and also a fix so they work with Added Effect. I noted that buffs didn't work with added effect earlier)

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: 2022-11-25 20:14:59 »
The "item location" document says they're not required, but I mastered them anyway while AP Grinding Mega Alls and the like just to be on the safe side

I hope we get more Restorative Weapons to make more use of most of the splinter materias (and also a fix so they work with Added Effect. I noted that buffs didn't work with added effect earlier)

Oh, must've just been because I was missing something when I last checked. Gonna have to stop by the big green rock again later after I compile everything I got and look to see what I still don't have.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-25 20:35:35 by Saberfrost »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: 2022-11-27 14:02:24 »
Sorry for long absence, I've gathered up all the feedback and bugs mentioned and working on them now for a patch.

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11445 on: 2022-11-28 00:41:56 »
While we're on feedback: I fought Round Boi again and
it's weird how there's multiple level-based attacks on the fight. Those make little sense on a superboss imo, because they're so binary - if you adjust your level beforehand, they do LITERALLY NOTHING. Which means you can find yourself fighting a superboss and have some of its attacks just fizzle with little to no effort and at little to no cost (as opposed to, say, a status-inflicting attack that costs you gear choices or materia slots to negate). It makes the fight considerably easier than it would be if those were just attacks of some kind that always hit. In fact you can luck out into several "free turns" in a row as a result, which is just really weird for a boss like that.

buddysievers

• View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: 2022-11-30 21:33:39 »
Hello, i installed New Threat 2.0 in 7th heaven. When the first battle starts the game crashes after the swirling animation.
No other mods installed, game runs without any mods and everything is updated.
Any idea what to do?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: 2022-12-01 13:10:43 »
Hello, i installed New Threat 2.0 in 7th heaven. When the first battle starts the game crashes after the swirling animation.
Any idea what to do?

attaching the 7th heaven logfile. will  help to diagnose. check thou 7th heaven is running as admin.

if its just going to be new threat your running its worth backing up your ffvii folder, then just playing the mod via its own installer. which can be found on the very first post within this thread. here is as off this date and time: https://mega.nz/file/LsMhXQDC#F35E_P2wcPlhIgbP7s3CPAAeR7MQ-t-PSEzyQl9Nzwk  the latest version of the mod via installer patch.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: 2022-12-01 16:21:01 »
While we're on feedback: I fought Round Boi again and
it's weird how there's multiple level-based attacks on the fight. Those make little sense on a superboss imo, because they're so binary - if you adjust your level beforehand, they do LITERALLY NOTHING. Which means you can find yourself fighting a superboss and have some of its attacks just fizzle with little to no effort and at little to no cost (as opposed to, say, a status-inflicting attack that costs you gear choices or materia slots to negate). It makes the fight considerably easier than it would be if those were just attacks of some kind that always hit. In fact you can luck out into several "free turns" in a row as a result, which is just really weird for a boss like that.

The thing with him is, it's a faithful recreation of the attacks + AI (or as close as I could get it, at least) and some of the attacks maybe don't translate over super well. It's maybe more accurate to call it an easter egg encounter than a super boss
though it does play a role in getting you to an actual superboss

Any idea what to do?

Usually if the first encounter crashes it's to do with Easyhook on 7th heaven not being able to modify the .EXE, resulting in crashes. If you start up the game and try going into your Items menu, that should also produce a crash and confirm that this is the cause. Fixing easyhook involves doing some security settings stuff on your PC; I can provide a version of the IRO that doesn't modify the .exe as well if this isn't an avenue you want to go down.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-01 16:48:49 by Sega Chief »

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: 2022-12-01 19:23:34 »
The thing with him is, it's a faithful recreation of the attacks + AI (or as close as I could get it, at least) and some of the attacks maybe don't translate over super well. It's maybe more accurate to call it an easter egg encounter than a super boss
though it does play a role in getting you to an actual superboss
But in the original, doesn't it not use those attacks if they don't hit, so turns aren't wasted? Here they are.