Author Topic: [FF7PC] This Mod Are Sick [Game Tweaks/Translation Mod]  (Read 6936 times)

soldier3rdclass

• View Profile

This Mod Are Sick

This mod is a compilation/port of the existing publicly available mods YAMP, Ochu, and Beacause with some fixes, updates, and a few new additions to an IRO for 7th Heaven. All credit goes to the original authors of the respective mods listed below. We encourage you to check out full versions of those mods and to support and donate to those projects.

This mod is named specifically that you do not confuse it with the original mods and contains changes not present in the originals. Neither is it compiled by the original authors, therefore it is unreasonable to expect technical support from them. We ask that any support questions or bug reports be posted here and remain specific to this mod only. Use this with the expectation that it may contain bugs not present in the original versions. If your game crashes in the same spot, try turning this mod or a part of it off temporarily until you get past the problem. You do not use a separate EXE with this mod. Use the standard ff7.exe.

Mods that are a part of this compilation/port:
YAMP (created by dziugo) - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5124.0
Ochu (created by DLPB) - http://ff7.live
Beacause (created by DLPB, Luksy, Charlie Beer) - http://ff7.live

(Download)
Link removed.

(Includes)
Translations
-Dialogue
-Optional: Equipment, spells, items, character names, place names
-Controller button icons (not included--relies on the ESUI mod to be installed)

Game Tweaks
-60 FPS battles (working)
-Soft reset (instant game over)
-Skip movie cutscenes
-Unlimited items
-Run always on
-Use PHS or save at any time
-Change how often random battles occur or turn them off completely
-Improvements to several minigames
-Remove boxes from dialogue/make transparent
-Cheat with Caith Sith's reels (working)
-Tifa's reels always "Yeah!"
-Sense command works on enemies up to 65,535 HP

Stats Tweaks
-Increase HP, damage, and recovery limits to 30,000
-EXP multiplier (zero, half, or 2x-10x)
-AP multiplier (zero, or 2x-10x)
-Enemy HP boost (2x-10x)
-Enemy level boost (+2 to +50 or set all to lvl 99)
-Lock party HP
-Lock party and enemy MP
« Last Edit: 2020-07-21 01:43:05 by sl1982 »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] This Mod Are Sick [Game Tweaks/Translation Mod]
« Reply #1 on: 2020-07-20 17:04:13 »
Ok, so a few things

1. "Credit to the original authors" is not giving credit.
2. Do you have permission from the authors to redistribute the mods? Even if a mod is available in a catalogue doesnt give you the right to package and redistribute it.
3. Beacause and everything related from the reunion has been requested to be removed from all Catalogues and redistributes and is only available on the Reunion site.

This mod breaks several of the forum rules and you should take it down and release it the proper way

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #2 on: 2020-07-20 17:52:06 »
What uprisen said...

I know DLPB would not be OK with this, therefore you couldn't have gotten his permission regarding the inclusion of Beacause in this

soldier3rdclass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-07-20 18:22:43 »
Ok, so a few things

1. "Credit to the original authors" is not giving credit.
2. Do you have permission from the authors to redistribute the mods? Even if a mod is available in a catalogue doesnt give you the right to package and redistribute it.
3. Beacause and everything related from the reunion has been requested to be removed from all Catalogues and redistributes and is only available on the Reunion site.

This mod breaks several of the forum rules and you should take it down and release it the proper way

1. Should I link to each mod directly then? Or list each person by name? Both? I'm happy to do that.
2. All mods have been previously in a catalog or are currently in a mod that is in a catalog, even from Qhimm. Most of the catalog are mod compilations, like this mod is. Many of the tweaks are from the gameplay mod and just fixed or updated. Others are similar in function to other mods but were determined how they work through Cheat Engine and changed by hex edits. It has been allowed on this forum to keep old versions of mods, even against the wishes of the mod author(s). Some people have removed mods only as a courtesy, even when the moderators have said it is allowed.
3. See #2. I can link back to the site(s) if needed.

I will fix any rule violations if I can. Can you explain which rules were allegedly broken? If you are not a moderator then I would like to hear from one so I know this isn't just an opinion.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-07-20 19:03:39 »
You should credit the original authors by name or by link to their site, just some way so it's clear they created it. You can do that either in your initial post or in a readme.

As for redistribution, my feelings are if you release something publicly, that's it, it's out in the open.  If someone chooses to bundle it differently or alter it, they can as long as they credit the author and aren't trying to profit off of it.
I'll bring this thread to the staff's attention in case someone disagrees

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #5 on: 2020-07-20 23:40:16 »
if it was an old version of beacause from when it was more of a standalone thing, i'd say its fair game, but if its from r06 the installer does make you agree not to strip out individual components and package them with other mods

of course we don't know which version of beacause is in this because even though this is a 'mod of other peoples' mods'... its not documented

this entire mod is a freaking disgrace, just like the author of it

anyone who downloads and uses this slaps this entire community in the face, people who actually buckled down and did their own work that made this game better

Some people have removed mods only as a courtesy, even when the moderators have said it is allowed.

yep, because those people aren't complete douchebags  ;)

i mean...  i could package about 15 7h mods from all the talented creators here if i wanted... then no one will have to bother with going into another mod creator's thread again, they can just come into MY thread and fully download everyone's work

how does everyone feel about that?
« Last Edit: 2020-07-21 00:54:39 by -Ori »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-21 01:38:12 »
just confirmed the version of beacause in this mod is indeed r06, please take it down

and for future reference, soldier3rdclass, you DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION to redistribute ANY component of r06

i personally think this author should not be allowed to post further mods here
« Last Edit: 2020-07-21 01:42:32 by -Ori »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-07-21 01:44:04 »
As per dlpb's license he does not allow parts of his mod to be stripped and added to other mods. I have removed the link until you can prove you have his explicit permission.