Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Change Party Leader Mod?  (Read 3784 times)

xarbin

• View Profile
[FF7PC-98/Steam] Change Party Leader Mod?
« on: 2021-06-16 19:53:59 »
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum so I'm still getting used to this place. Therefore I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic so please guide me!

Going straight to the point of this topic, does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you change your party leader? I'm tired of using Cloud all the time and it would be refreshing to use other characters too. I did try searching for it but couldn't find it (if there's any).

I know this is possible in the New Threat mod once you reach the bottom of the North Crater, but I haven't seen the mod itself that allows you to change your leader.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Change Party Leader Mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2021-06-17 10:30:28 »
As far as I'm aware there isn't a mod that specifically deals with this; it is possible to do it however, though the person taking it up would have a fair bit of work to get done depending on how far they want to take that with regards to story scenes.

The world map has this issue though where it only handles Cloud, Tifa, and Cid as party leader (doesn't have models for the others and presumably no script for them either). It also loads them based on priority rather than who is the actual party leader (Cloud > Tifa > Cid) so if Tifa was party leader, but Cloud is in the party, it'll load Cloud's model for the world map.

xarbin

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Change Party Leader Mod?
« Reply #2 on: 2021-06-18 03:09:05 »
As far as I'm aware there isn't a mod that specifically deals with this; it is possible to do it however, though the person taking it up would have a fair bit of work to get done depending on how far they want to take that with regards to story scenes.

The world map has this issue though where it only handles Cloud, Tifa, and Cid as party leader (doesn't have models for the others and presumably no script for them either). It also loads them based on priority rather than who is the actual party leader (Cloud > Tifa > Cid) so if Tifa was party leader, but Cloud is in the party, it'll load Cloud's model for the world map.

Oh I see. I wouldn't mind if this was possible after reaching Disc 3 I guess, since it does sound troublesome for story scenes and whatnot. But well, I guess there won't be a mod for this for a while.

Thanks for your reply Sega Chief! Your New Threat mod is amazing!