Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 558019 times)

Sk-F

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #100 on: 2014-08-06 10:30:19 »
Mcindus, JeMaCheHi, what about changing "golpes" for "impactos"? Since you're triggering the gun in the blade, that makes sense. Also, could you elaborate on the "completo" word? What are you referring to when you say "you've met the requirements"?

As for the "rapido" "lento", I'd leave the "+" "-" symbols, or add an accent in "rápido".

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #101 on: 2014-08-06 18:11:48 »
I'm learning things now :) :) Estado is unused text and comes up only in the Spanish version.

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014-08-06 18:55:12 »
go Spanish version! hahaha

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #103 on: 2014-08-06 21:30:53 »
Mcindus, JeMaCheHi, what about changing "golpes" for "impactos"? Since you're triggering the gun in the blade, that makes sense. Also, could you elaborate on the "completo" word? What are you referring to when you say "you've met the requirements"?

As for the "rapido" "lento", I'd leave the "+" "-" symbols, or add an accent in "rápido".

I'd really leave golpes since golpes and impactos have practically the same meaning, and golpes is the original. As I told MCindus before, I interpret Golpes as "golpes con exito" or "golpes con disparo", you know. If we had to stop in every mistranslation, we'd have to change a lot of things xD

About "Completo" he was referring to when you complete a GF hability (Guardian Force, another mistranslation in spanish xD). When you select an ability, you can see how much PH you need to complete it, and when you complete it, it appears "Adquirida". In english appears "Completo" and MCindus argued that it is because you met the requisites (the PH needed) to complete the Ability. We could spend hours and hours discussing that, because it's all about points of view xD I think you actually acquire the ability, not complete it. Well, it's hard to explain and I'd do a lot better in Spanish xD

@Mcindus: Man, I'm working in that pallette but I cannot find the way to get it. I'll try doing the Zell's special moves (don't know their english names) and see if it works or something...

EDIT: Ooops sorry Leonhart didn't see your message. That's an interesting thing indeed... Anyway, why do Mcindus include it in all languages textures?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-06 21:33:23 by JeMaCheHi »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #104 on: 2014-08-06 21:47:26 »
@Jemachehi:  I'm glad that we're having thIs discussion.  It brought up a lot of really great points.   I will go with all of the changes... and switch completo to adquirado.  It seems like Spanish was translated really well whereas German and French had some missing bits.  I really side with you that nostalgia matters in a huge way and want to keep things comfortable and familiar.  Thanks so much for all your input!! 
Also- Estado is in all versions so I just kept it for consistency. Same reason I included the Japanese.  :)  I actually think the Spanish and french versions are closer to the original anyway.  Man, id love to upscale the japanese version...
« Last Edit: 2014-08-06 21:50:15 by Mcindus »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #105 on: 2014-08-06 23:42:31 »
Will you be sending me the rest of the palettes anytime soon or is there a way to just do it myself with the files you sent me? Thanks!

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2014-08-07 00:17:32 »
@Jemachehi:  I'm glad that we're having thIs discussion.  It brought up a lot of really great points.   I will go with all of the changes... and switch completo to adquirado
It's "adquirida". (It ends with "a" because in Spanish "a" is feminine and ability is a feminine noun.

It seems like Spanish was translated really well whereas German and French had some missing bits.  I really side with you that nostalgia matters in a huge way and want to keep things comfortable and familiar.  Thanks so much for all your input!!

Yeah, nostalgia is a BIG point here hahaha. And yes, Spanish translators did a good job with FF8. They were pretty creative in some aspects like magics. In english you have Fire Firara and Firaga. We have Piro, Piro+ and Piro++. However, they took some liberties when translating names. For example, in the whole world we have "Ultima", but in Spain they decided to translate it as "Artema" because of the japanese pronounciation I guess. Thus, "Ultimecia" is called "Artemisa". The "Ragnarok" here is called "Lagunamov"(this could give us conversation for a whole thread xD). I think they translated the game directly from the japanese version... Very interesting all that translation curiosities. We should even open a thread to talk about this hahahaha.

Ooops... sorry for the offtopic n.nU I'm having a long long insomnia night hahaha.

Getting back to the topic: I cannot found what you told me, Mcindus. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong image? I don't know what I'm missing...

kabooz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2014-08-07 04:36:09 »
It seems like Spanish was translated really well whereas German and French had some missing bits.
the german version is actually translated really well (text wise), I think most of the not translated expressions like "fast" and "slow" instead of "schnell" and "langsam" were because of space constraints in the palette files.
never played the Japanese version, so I have no idea what quality the translation has but FFIX and FFX were great to an interesting length, they re-translated the Japanese version to be closer to it in German I think XD

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #108 on: 2014-08-08 07:59:13 »
the german version is actually translated really well (text wise), I think most of the not translated expressions like "fast" and "slow" instead of "schnell" and "langsam" were because of space constraints in the palette files.
never played the Japanese version, so I have no idea what quality the translation has but FFIX and FFX were great to an interesting length, they re-translated the Japanese version to be closer to it in German I think XD

@kabooz - Yeah, but most of the menu titles were unchanged from the German version ;)

@LeonhartGR - I will have your palettes for you soon.  Just finished 3 more.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #109 on: 2014-08-08 08:54:18 »
Thnx! Mngrp.bin is a hell to edit... I will need about a month to learn this I think!

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2014-08-13 18:57:15 »
Your work is awesome ! Need a french version of it :3 ^^

jaccko86

• View Profile
    • Outstanding Сasual Dating Genuine Females
« Reply #111 on: 2014-08-16 07:32:31 »
Sorry if i ask, but nothing for the italian version?  :'(

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #112 on: 2014-08-16 23:52:23 »
Sorry if i ask, but nothing for the italian version?  :'(

You are the first one to ask!  Right now I'm bogged down with the French, Spanish, German, Greek, and Polish versions, but I really should at least get the Italian started.  Contact me via a private message and we'll talk about it! :)

NeuroSephrioth

• Neuro Sephiroth
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #113 on: 2014-08-17 01:24:39 »
I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but if a fight goes on for too long with this mod, the game crashes, saying "An unknown exception has occurred.". Shortly before this error pops up, the text in the fight glitches out with garbage behind said text.

jaccko86

• View Profile
    • Outstanding Сasual Dating Genuine Females
« Reply #114 on: 2014-08-17 08:33:45 »
You are the first one to ask!  Right now I'm bogged down with the French, Spanish, German, Greek, and Polish versions, but I really should at least get the Italian started.  Contact me via a private message and we'll talk about it! :)

Thanks for answer!  ;) Unfortunately i can't send  yet a private message, but if you need a hand for translation or for anything else, let me know how I can contact you.   ;D

Sorry for my english too. XD

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but if a fight goes on for too long with this mod, the game crashes, saying "An unknown exception has occurred.". Shortly before this error pops up, the text in the fight glitches out with garbage behind said text.
You have disabled steam overlay? It is usually what makes the game crash. =)
« Last Edit: 2014-08-17 13:17:47 by jaccko86 »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2014-08-17 19:24:36 »

It's due to memory issues. The problem has nothing to do with this mod but with Tonberry. Check Tonberry thread to look for solutions.u

@Mcindus: Man how is the translation going? I'd like to tell you guys I'll be (and have been) pretty busy now and won't come here so frequently as before, but you can mail me if you need something. This is BIG guys, we'll experience the smoothest Final Fantasy VIII in all history!

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2014-08-26 00:19:52 »
Hi, I just notice this mod doesn't work with other languages and I don't understand why. Is there any way to make it works in italian, please?

It isn't like the italian translation gets messed up, the translation is fine. It's the textures, they don't get replaced so I still have the old menù textures...

Btw, it seems that the save files don't bother if you switch between italian and english translation, so I will play in english until there is a fix and then I will switch again in italian.  8)
« Last Edit: 2014-08-26 00:35:01 by Sancez »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #117 on: 2014-08-26 18:50:03 »
Hi, I just notice this mod doesn't work with other languages and I don't understand why. Is there any way to make it works in italian, please?

It isn't like the italian translation gets messed up, the translation is fine. It's the textures, they don't get replaced so I still have the old menù textures...

Btw, it seems that the save files don't bother if you switch between italian and english translation, so I will play in english until there is a fix and then I will switch again in italian.  8)

I'm actually working on the Italian translation as well as the Spanish, French, and German!  Coming soon :)
I think the Spanish version is done... just need to test it.

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2014-08-26 20:29:53 »
I'm actually working on the Italian translation as well as the Spanish, French, and German!  Coming soon :)
I think the Spanish version is done... just need to test it.

we test it :D

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #119 on: 2014-08-30 22:40:34 »
we test it :D

You and JeMaCheHi will help me test. I just have to wait for Omzy to send me some updates and I will let you guys know.  Until then - more translations!

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #120 on: 2014-08-31 00:52:57 »
Hey Mcindus! Are you working on the rest of the palettes too? Thanks!

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2014-08-31 02:01:39 »
If you need someone to test the italian translation I can do it :mrgreen:

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #122 on: 2014-08-31 18:39:09 »
Hey Mcindus! Are you working on the rest of the palettes too? Thanks!

Yes! Still working on your palettes.  Unfortunately, for the Greek and Polish versions, I have to split them into quadrants which takes up a bunch of time.

If you need someone to test the italian translation I can do it :mrgreen:

I will keep that in mind! I'm making a list of testers, and you guys are on the top of the list! :)

A.D.R.I

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2014-09-02 12:12:55 »
hello forum!
I'm new here :P (my english is very poor, but I think we can understand all)
thank you for acept me in this community  :-)

I'm other Spanish gamer :P
You are doing a god job man!
I need it for spanish version please!

I'm +1  :-D

regards from Spain  ;)

PD: Mcindus we love you :D if I can help you with something, you only need to say it ^^
« Last Edit: 2014-09-02 13:16:48 by A.D.R.I »

Fiona

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2014-09-05 09:49:51 »
Had to post here.

I found this site thanks to Mcindus' youtube videos showing off the fantastic mods for ff 8.
Since installing Seed Reborn, Project Eden and Tripod (along with the awesome roses and wine audio mod) i have started enjoying FF 8 all over again.

Just want to say a huge thanks to those that mod this game as a LOT of modding attention goes towards FF 7, dont get me wrong i love 7 too but 8 does tend to get left out in comparison.

This is officially one of my new fav sites so thanks again and please keep doing what youre doing!!