Author Topic: Back after 2 years  (Read 1928 times)

Arsirus UK

• I built it but they did`nt turn up
    • View Profile
    • Project Genesis
Back after 2 years
« on: 2011-04-30 11:13:59 »
Hello Everyone
Can anyone give me a Low down on whats new?

Last time I was on Aali had just made Palmer and had gone onto do something else.

Basically when I left no body here seemed interested in what each other had to say and were quick to judge so I lost interest and left.

What I wanted to do was create a area for putting all the best stuff into an installer a bit like the Phoenix project. It was called project Genesis and what the aim was to do was to add Genesis into the Cut scenes in FFVII to make it more consistent with Crisis Core.

The way I wanted to do this was reverse engineer the Ultima project (I think it was called) back into a program that needed the CD. Then put all the new files into that installer so I took away from all the messing round a new user needed to do to get the updated stuff working.

The other idea I had was to input a Skins Screen into the main menu.
So you could have say: Original, Updated and Advent Skin.
Basically to get this working you`d have to create different folders and allow the game to switch directories. Its a pretty simple idea but Ive been told the game code is quite hard to work with.

Last time I was here I switched the intro video to the Crisis Core/ PS3 Tech Demo version and changed the ending to the AC intro. And messed around with a few other FMV`s which everyones probably done a hundred times over by now. I also used a Tech Demo screen shot as the First playable screen. But at that time Palmer could only pull the images out so could`nt get it to go back into the game.

Thanks for your time guys.

I was going to link my work but all the links are now broken because its been so long.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-30 11:18:05 by Arsirus UK »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Back after 2 years
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-01 02:09:20 »
If you're talking about using CC models in FF7, that's against the rules now.

And in any case, everyone hates Genesis, so I doubt you'll get much help towards putting him where he doesn't belong.

Now then, if you wanted to fix the continuity by taking Genesis out of CC cut scenes where he doesn't belong, we'd be all ears.