Author Topic: Help with menu costume idea  (Read 2877 times)

Arsirus UK

• I built it but they did`nt turn up
    • View Profile
    • Project Genesis
Help with menu costume idea
« on: 2009-06-18 22:36:05 »
I`ve noticed theres alot of diffrent models all great but with one draw back.
If you want to swop between then you have to keep changing the names of your LPG files.
Could`nt there be a way to put the option in the main menu for costume change that redirects the LPG file it reads.
So for example if you changed to the polycell costume it would redirect to char2.LPG and the Advent Children Models would rediect to Char3.LPG

The other idea I had is along the same lines but with using the modes that make the game harder so on the main menu you would have Hard mode and that would redirect to Kernal 4 for example......

The problem that I have is that I understand programming i`m just no good at it.....

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Help with menu costume idea
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-19 01:26:28 »
It's not a bad idea, but most of the files are loaded before the game starts. What you want is a pre-loader that selects those options before the game starts. That also would take a fair amount of re-programming either way.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-19 01:40:43 »
That's actually a really good idea, especially the hard mode.  If someone around here has the knowledge and time to do it (maybe even like a new game+) that would be amazing.

Unfortunately, I can't contribute anything to this idea  :-(

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-19 15:10:36 »
IIRC there were attempts at a New Game+, but it was deemed unworkable.  :-P

In theory everything is possible with enough time and energy for modding, but unfortunately very few people have enough time and energy to change things that are really hard-coded into the game, so it's unlikely that you'll ever get those options.