Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI - Definitive  (Read 117677 times)

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
Final Fantasy VI - Definitive
« Reply #75 on: 2008-02-18 18:15:54 »
wow thanks, it works great on the DS so far

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: 2008-02-18 23:32:24 »
You're welcome Kini.

You can play it on the DS?  How do you do that?

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008-02-19 10:53:22 »
DS emulator. Really buggy and IMO, not worth the hassle.

Mattie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008-02-19 13:58:32 »
He's proberly just using an R4 or G6. DS cartridge with a flash card in it which you can put ROMs on and play them on your DS. Just a guess :)

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #79 on: 2008-02-19 17:29:43 »
im using an R4 card and SNEmulDS, its a bit buggy with some of the graphic layering but most of its great so far

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #80 on: 2008-02-20 02:47:10 »
I noticed a bug in you're patch. When arranging items some of 'em will disappear. This is because they're labeled with the wrong "icon". All equipment is safe though. but Potions, Hi-Potions and Phoenix Downs disappears. And all other items labeled with 0xFE. It should be 0xFF. In the game the items I'm talking about is labeled RD LAN. You mistake with the space that comes before the actual name of those items. As I said it should be 0xFF not 0xFE.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: 2008-02-20 03:28:46 »
Gjoerulv fixed that bug, so the next version I release will be bug free, which should be in the next few days.

Thank you Gjoerulv!!
« Last Edit: 2008-02-25 06:39:40 by Changeling »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: 2008-02-25 05:23:58 »
Phew, I just renamed every weapon, armor, and relic.........that took forever.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: 2008-02-25 06:11:22 »
OK.  Next aspect I'm working on....new font.  The original font is bold and ugly.  My font will look much better.

I could easily do it, possibly the easiest thing I'd have to edit in this game...but, there's a problem.

The program I'm using, FF3Edit http://www.angelfire.com/pq/jumparound/dl/FF3usME642.zip, can import a font directly into the game.  Which is pretty amazing, BUT, it only works for dialogue fonts.  The menu fonts you seem to have to create yourself.  It's hard to explain unless you have the program.

If you want to download the program and take a look, I can help guide you in the right direction.
Open the program, then click File>Open, then select the rom (it must be the US 1.0 version of the rom or it won't work).  Then click 'Dialogue and Fonts'.  Now click the 'Dialogue Font' tab.  As you can see, you can import your own font by clicking 'Import Truetype Font'.
Now, when you click the 'Menu Font' tab, and it seems you have to sort of create your own font...which is really strange.  Why does it have this feature only to change 1/2 the font?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  So if you're bored, have nothing to do but browse these forums, then give it a shot, see what you can do.  Maybe you could make a cool font.

Thanks!

PS: Once this is finished, I'll release Beta 2.  Which should have

*The new font (and with the new font all of the correct names should be able to fit.)
*Correct names of every weapon, armor, and relic.
*That bug that gjoerulv mentioned, with the items disappearing, is fixed.

After that, I'll be pretty much done.  The release after Beta 2 will be a final version I guess.  I'll just need to polish and test everything.
Isn't that cool??  ;)
« Last Edit: 2008-02-25 06:38:13 by Changeling »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: 2008-02-25 07:00:26 »
I'm guessing I'm just going to have to copy the font exactly to the other tab.  Man is that going to be a pain.  But it's not that bad...

I just have to choose the right font, because I'm not doing this twice.

The question is, which font?

Everyone, post which font you think would fit this game best!
« Last Edit: 2008-02-25 07:17:17 by Changeling »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: 2008-02-25 07:25:15 »
I've changed my mind, don't worry about it everyone.  I'm just going to copy the letters like I said.  It may be a pain in the ass but it looks like it's the only way.

I still have one more question,

WHICH FONT DO I USE???

Nothing bold, nothing italic, and it needs to be relatively easy to read.  Even though I like bloody letters, I'm not putting them in FFVI lol.
Gjoerulv, if you're reading this I'd like to work with you honestly.  You seem to be most into the patch and are willing to work with me, so we need a faster way of communicating than e-mail.  I think I added you on MSN.
I'm using my old email since I haven't used the program in forever.  [email protected]
« Last Edit: 2008-02-25 07:32:31 by Changeling »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #86 on: 2008-02-28 16:02:44 »
I'm sorry I have been kinda unavailable lately. And honestly I don't care much 'bout the font, + I've never worked with fonts before. But if ou're still up for it I can help you. Not much though. I have a tight schedule lol.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: 2008-03-13 09:44:21 »
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone.  I've been busy and changing the font is far more complicated than I led on.

But don't worry, you should have an update very soon.

With the font changed, I'll be very close to finishing this mod.  All that will be left to do is to polish it.

Man, I had no idea it would be this in depth and such hard work.  I thought I was just going to change the translation from the snes to the gba version, and throw in some bug fixes.  Now it's become a modified text and a new font.

I think it was worth it though, this game needed so much work.

PS: To fully enjoy this game, check to see if your video-card has an S-Video out (Most new computers have them, including laptops.  It looks like this, http://www.hardware-one.com/reviews/aztechtnt2/images/bracket-big.jpg, second from the left) If so, output to a 4:3 television (Box set TV).  It looks so much better, and with the filters that an emulator can provide it looks so crisp and clean.
If your TV only has the Yellow, White, and Red inputs, you can buy an S-Video to composite cord from Radioshack or some place.
Basically it looks like this but blown up to the size of your television screen.  http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/snes/Final%20Fantasy%20VI%20(2).gif
Make sure to set the resolution to the max that your TV can provide.
This goes for any game with mostly 2D graphics, including Final Fantasy I - IX.  You know how FFVII has that ugly blocky background?  Output to an old television and it looks perfect.  :)
« Last Edit: 2008-03-13 09:57:46 by Changeling »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008-03-14 03:19:48 »
Glad to see you're still working on this.  I'm really excited about trying your final version and replaying FFVI again.  Keep up the good work.

morbidelio

« Reply #89 on: 2008-04-04 19:25:00 »
well you mentioned snes and gba versions, what about the psx remake?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008-04-04 19:58:47 »
PSX is the same as the SNES but with FMVs for the opening and ending.

ado

« Reply #91 on: 2008-05-27 14:35:31 »
The first release seems to be deleted from yousendit, is it still available somewhere? I'm excited for the next release btw, thanks for all the work already!

walkinghawking

• Weapon killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-04-28 09:30:13 »
Any chance this mod is still being worked on?  The original link has been down for almost a year now, and changeling seemed to be close to completion.  Postponed until further notice I assume?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009-05-05 01:06:51 »
what about psx version?  Was that same?

« Reply #94 on: 2009-05-05 02:44:59 »
is this project still going.. cause i cant download it.. and id love to play it.. the download says this is an invalid file ??????

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: 2009-05-15 07:24:56 »
OK wow, I'm getting a lot of emails and messages.  All around the same time too which is strange.

I'm sorry I promised that this would be finished like last year :(  And I'm sorry for avoiding you guys.
I just lost interest.  I go through phases, music, games, hobbies.  And I know it's frustrating when someone hypes up a mod and then just disappears.

But I will finish it soon.  And soon means, soon.  I promise. 

For those of you who want to contribute let me know.

This is going to be cool for you Final Fantasy fans, so be excited.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-15 07:28:22 by Changeling »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009-05-15 15:23:48 »
Hey, welcome back.

Let us know what you need or need help with.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009-05-15 16:08:36 »
The reason you're getting so many emails now is probably because the in progress one you already posted is down, nobody can download it.

« Reply #98 on: 2009-05-28 05:20:03 »
I apologize for reviving this... but is this still going... i cant download the files like so many people before have said... and FFVI was one of my favorites... and id love to replay it again... damn i'm bad with words i apologize...

Thank You,
Broken Crow

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009-05-29 04:35:07 »
yeah... i'd like to get this as well, but i'd actually prefer an edited gba version since i like the addition of the bonus dungeons :evil:. also the layout is essentially the same, it would be wonderful if the ff3usme program would support the gba version, at least for me (be playing on vba anyway, so it wouldn't be as bad as the regular gba version since everything becomes more smoothed out). also, there is much more room to add things into the game for people like me who must have more :-P.

also, if the snes version is going to be the base, i thought i heard of an expansion patch to allow for larger names in the game (16-32 bytes or something), which would be a great boost. most of the stuff would just need to be repointed, and some core parts changed, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem (especially since a patch would do all that). only thing i see is the editor not liking it, meaning everything wanted to be added with the editor added first then the name expansion, followed by hex editing the larger names into the game. i dunno if the name expansion was a rumor or what, i don't remember  :oops:.