Author Topic: [FF7PC] Chibi Reconstruction Project (2009-08-13)  (Read 70961 times)

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
Re: Chibi Reconstruction Project
« Reply #75 on: 2009-08-12 21:02:34 »
I declare this a bump!

But a useful bump. :P

Okay, all of the 'important' people now have better chibi style models. <including people like Dyne, Dio and some others that weren't shown on the list before>

However, I'm just doing some last minute changes to them <such as better mouths, which is a slight pain as i have to first copy a 'good' mouth to a different folder, then open every single hrc I edited and when i find one with a 'bad' mouth, i have to find the filename, copy and paste the good mouth back into the char.lgp with the texture's name, then rinse and repeat until its done, it isn;t hard, its just annoying and time consuming.> and also trying to fix the texture problems that i personally don't even know why is showing up as those files are completely 'fresh' <including the hrc> and still, some models just dont have a facial texture ingame.

Tomorrow for sure there's going to be a initial release of this so i can have the community test it if they so wish to, and if there's any bugs, i'll try to fix them, and if worse comes to worse and i can't get those textures working, meh, i'll just let someone else handle it, after all, for this i did put in most of the work. :P

also i renamed it to the Chibi reconstruction Project, the mod for the gamer that wants the classic feel of Final fantasy 7, but with better graphics true to the style of the original. :P

...yes i am bored. then again, if i wasn't, i wouldn't have done this blasted project. :P

(i am not doing all the NPCs, so don't even ask.)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-08-12 21:16:37 »
Hey, that's great to hear.  :-)

BTW,

(i am not doing all the NPCs, so don't even ask.)

If this takes off, perhaps some other people might want to get involved. Would you be open to other people working on the project? (I'm not offering to do any modeling myself, it's just a hypothetical question? :-P). With several people on the team, getting all of the NPCs done might be feasible (and a lot of the NPC models are reused throughout the game).

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009-08-12 21:35:27 »
If it takes off, then there's going to be a lot more modding resources available, after all, I know I personally borrowed models from the NPC RP to splice together something thats meant to look like me or someone off a anime or something, so i think someone might be able to use this, not only to play the game, but also as a mean to further enhance their own gameplay of FF7.

and... if i had a team of some kind, this would be a lot more bearable considering for the past few days, I personally was messing around with meteor, enemy AI, making new materia, increasing the stats and elemental side of enemies, making models for my own mod <Tifa the soldier is one of them> new animations to go with my mod, as well as the chibi reconstruction mod, so if anything else, a team of some sort would be some reason to keep going as on the whole, if i get bored with a mod, I tend to just stop doing it and watch Tv and forget it even existed basically.

in fact, i have some time right now that i'm using to get a head start on redoing the mouths and try somewhat vainly to get the faces appearing on some models, if i do all the heads <and redo the barret models as i was looking at it and for some reason they weren't how i had them before, so i had to remake them.> to have better textures, i might release it tonight as i need to stay up until midnight to take my medicine for my abscess.

« Reply #78 on: 2009-08-12 21:49:24 »
Sounds good.
 :-D.

My mod fell into a burning heap of ashes....
so, in turn, i will be using your mod!
:D

I do like the chibi affect, as it feels right in FF7, you know?
hahah. Besides...
chibis with hands...
just it looks good.
 :wink:

(still is a tad upset about my mod failing.. -.-)

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009-08-12 22:07:15 »
yes, but your mod I myself could have 'done' instead somewhat quicker than this mod if i wanted to <as i had to do it before i recoloured them to suit the natural colours of the chibi models> so in a sense, your mod was pretty much a copy of mine with some changes that were done at the point i went in a different direction;

shared path: get the 'fancy' models over the original field ones.

my path - recolour them to the original models.

your path - restructure the limbs and textures so they're chibi.

although both do have their place and shouldn't be discouraged or put down as it takes time, energy effort and some skill to pull off something that looks good and fitting within the games.

(pats Makubex's shoulder) you'll be alright, from what i saw the problem was, it was somewhat easily fixable and i encountered similar problems myself when i was doing mods like the guard scorpion 13, for the broken limb <once you identified it> redo it with kimera 0.81 as that i find is the most stable one. (aka, causes the least corrupt .p files.>

and i do so like the smell of chibi models in the morning, err, night. :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-08-13 02:24:43 »
(still is a tad upset about my mod failing.. -.-)

Awwww. *hugs*  :-)

Still, perhaps you can team up now :roll: (unless you manage to get kimera working, and you probably will :wink:)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-13 02:32:04 by Kudistos Megistos »

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009-08-13 03:44:47 »
Is it possible for someone to convert this into world_us.lgp just for the Cloud model?   :-D

I think it'd make a good model for that.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-08-13 04:10:21 »
all you have to do is put the cloud model files in the world ipg and rename them to match the originals (im speculating)

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009-08-13 05:35:17 »
who said i didn;t do the world map models? :P

I changed the important world map models (the weaons and the people)

and now, to finish the rest of those textures. -_-

and i'm yet again trying a completely fresh char.lgp method and loading it in kimera and seeing if it has textures, if yes, merely put my edited p files <no heads> and it should work, yay.

if no, i curse a lot before getting tired of it and just pass it onto someone else. :P

edit: HAH! BOOYAH!

I got barret, Vincent and Cid thus far to have textures! i think its working now. :P

okay, fixing the models that had no texures, then i'm doing a final check to ensure i didn't forget any of the dumb mouths. (on the edited models)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-13 05:51:22 by Murak Modder »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009-08-13 06:48:21 »
All thats left is just releasing it, but how do people want it released?

patcher <similar to the one for the FF7 PRP> merely compress the field content files into a rar <you'd have to use lgp tools yourself> or some other way?

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-08-13 09:10:33 »
...since it looks like no one really have any ideas on how they want it released, i just went for the 'easy' method and made lgp files.

uploading to filefront.

when its finished, i'll update the first post with the link.

Initial release download link.

http://www.filefront.com/14272801/Final-fantasy-7-Chibi-reconstruction-Project-initial-release.rar/
« Last Edit: 2009-08-13 09:15:01 by Murak Modder »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
Re: Chibi Reconstruction Project <release>
« Reply #86 on: 2009-08-13 17:21:37 »
This looks very promising, I'm not a fan of the PRP, I prefer the Chibi models  :-D, good work!

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009-08-13 17:59:58 »
Detail I noticed: in the initial release, the models I fixed to have textures are however darkened, but that is easily fixable, i just need to save the model using kimera 0.84 then insert those models back ingame.

also due to my laziness of not wanting to go upstairs to get the field weapons, they weren't changed in this version.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009-08-13 18:47:38 »
I've noticed a crash when the flashback starts; with this mod, the game crashes before going to the truck with Cloud and Sephiroth. It happens with both Aali's graphics driver and the normal one.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009-08-13 18:54:41 »
before the truck in the kalm flashback?

I'll look ino it, although i can't see what would cause that to crash as i saw plenty of scenes with sephiroth, the soldiers and cloud, and only if something about them corrupted or something should it actually crash, i'll look into it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009-08-13 18:55:31 »
Yes. Well, Cloud says "I was 16", the screen goes black as expected, then crash.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009-08-14 01:21:05 »
I like the world map model, but I noticed it doesn't include animations for walking through forests or world map curvature.  I'm not sure if it was on your checklist so I thought I'd just point it out.   :-D

Wait, that seems to be a problem on my end, sorry.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-14 01:24:38 by willis936 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-08-14 03:09:37 »
My cloud has the messed up eye and no mouth haha. Thought you fixed that? If not it's fine, just bringing it to your attention.

Also seems to be some clipping on his pants where his knees are when he stands. dunno if it's suppose to be there. I'd love to screnshot, But for some forsaken reason Windows 7 refuses to screenshot anything using hardware rendering..

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009-08-14 09:57:19 »

What do you guys think? I've updated his head and changed his eye textures
« Last Edit: 2009-08-14 09:59:09 by MXster »

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009-08-14 15:18:07 »
Great work guys, as preference goes I like to use these just for world_us.lgp but I noticed the highwind, tiny bronco, etc. detail is unaltered.
It's not all that important (and probably not even a priority), just thought I'd throw it out there.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009-08-14 15:52:39 »
looks fantastic :-D

can't wait for the update :D

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009-08-15 17:00:43 »
Well, since i grew bored of this, i'm dumping it on whoever wants to do it.

and in the file i uploaded, seems like in that version, something happened to the sephiroth model and part of it <not bothered enough to check> corrupted and crashes the game when its loaded.

another part that doesn't work is the seventh heaven, the game crashes when it loads, not entirely sure why. (considering everyone IN seventh heaven loads fine.)

but i digress.

as for your cloud head... chibis need big eyes, those are almost as small as Howard Moon's. :P
(don't get the reference? Howard Moon is a character in 'The Mighty Boosh' a running joke is that his eyes are small.)

Besides, if people here have a problem with me just 'quitting' on this, I suggest they pick it up and continue it or don't complain.

I'm back to doing personal mods for the time being.

It just isn't in my nature to release anything to the general public.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #97 on: 2009-08-15 17:21:23 »

he looks pissed off lol but other than that... wonderful  :-D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009-08-15 17:51:35 »
No more good chibi's then.. Damn.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009-08-15 23:00:00 »
No more good chibi's then.. Damn.

It is a shame; hopefully someone else will pick it up. Fortunately, this kind of mod requires making lots of little, easy-to-make mods that each have a tangible result; that means there is a constant feeling of progress that I imagine would be more encouraging than having to spend hours before anything that can be used in the game is made. A chibi reconstruction project can be cut up into easy-to-swallow chunks. I think...

angrycloud.jpg

he looks pissed off lol but other than that... wonderful  :-D

Yeah, he does look pretty angry :lol:

EDIT:

« Reply #106 on: Today at 00:00:00 »

Wowzers, look at the time :roll:
« Last Edit: 2009-08-15 23:08:16 by Kudistos Megistos »