Author Topic: At least 91 killed in Norway.  (Read 4536 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
At least 91 killed in Norway.
« on: 2011-07-23 10:59:22 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utu1BIGyW7w

There was a bomb explosion and a killing spree. Apparently 1 right wing extremist is caught, but survivors from the massacre say there were more than one person shooting. The one caught gets the full extent of the law: 21 years in prison, which does NOT suffice if you ask me.

The reason is not "official" yet, but he (they) was attacking a ant racist youth gathering.

I live approximately 1km away from the blast, and I felt it pretty hard.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: At least 91 killed in Norway.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-23 12:42:34 »
The BBC says that he was a Neo-Nazi of some description; he might also have been a Christian fundamentalist. Let's see how long it takes before this gets used for political points scoring from the left and from the American gun lobby.

I was going to make a thread about this last night, when only 17 were reported dead.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-23 12:59:01 »
There's certainly gonna be changes. This will most certainly spawn plenty debates.
And welcome to the history books Anders Behring Breivik. You'll be a side note when children learn about Hitler.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-23 13:10:49 »
There's certainly gonna be changes. This will most certainly spawn plenty debates.

There certainly will be!

My fear is that the left will shout "that's what Anders Breivik said!" during every political argument.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-23 13:41:49 »
The BBC says that he was a Neo-Nazi of some description; he might also have been a Christian fundamentalist. Let's see how long it takes before this gets used for political points scoring from the left and from the American gun lobby.

Because the far-right have never indulged in violence, ever, and anyone who suggests the Norwegian authorities must start investigating Neo-Nazi groups must be part of a Stalinist plot to takeover the BBC and steal our precious bodily fluids.

I do wonder if you argue for the sake of it, sometimes.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-23 13:48:17 by Bosola »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-23 14:28:57 »
Because the far-right have never indulged in violence, ever, and anyone who suggests the Norwegian authorities must start investigating Neo-Nazi groups must be part of a Stalinist plot to takeover the BBC and steal our precious bodily fluids.

I do wonder if you argue for the sake of it, sometimes.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Were you about to use it for political point-scoring?

The fear isn't a clampdown on the extreme-right per se, it's the fact that an astonishing number of people have quite a "broad" definition of what counts as "far-right" or "Neo-Nazi". Some people would even put UKIP into this category. Anyone for whom he has expressed support is tainted (it's true that this happens with all terrorist attacks, but it's usually not as dangerous because, as a rule, groups like al-Qaeda tend not to voice support for legitimate politicians and parties).

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-23 16:49:04 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:27:08 by Jenova's Witness »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-25 13:45:34 »
At least GarlandTheGreat is still in good shape... Well, I saw somewhere : "Police confirms that the bomb in Oslo was of criminal nature"; could anyone tell me which bomb isn't of criminal nature...