Project forums > Team Avalanche

SpooX Walkmesh exporter alias ShinraTool

(1/6) > >>

SpooX:
For those who want to (re)create field files for TA....
I uploaded SpooX Walkmesh exporter alias ShinraTool in the repo.
so it is accessable only for the people who have the appropriate access.

notes V01A: (2012-11-24)
runs on windows
works with psx version of FFVII
delivers only maxscript with walkmesh and camera.

I included a pdf with all walkmeshes and their names in the same folder.

any bugs, suggestions or anything else, just let me know in this thread.

How to use it:

- insert your psx cd, and select a dat file from the field directory.
 - the maxscript will appear in the export folder.
 - in max open the maxscript editor, load or copy paste the script inside, and press [ctrl]-E (or use tools, evaluate all)
 - set 1 viewport to the camera.
 - load the background image as a background ([Alt-B] and set the display to match bitmap or render settings)
 - set the rendersize in the rendersettings to the size of the background image, and press [shift]-F in the viewport to display the
   saveframe accordingly.
 - slightly adjust the fov to match the walkmesh on the background, and if needed adjust the roll of the camera to match.

notes V01B: (2012-11-28)
Blender exporter included.
    - note that in the script all objects in the current scene will be deleted....

notes V01C: (2012-11-28)
    For all people with different modeling packages, I decided to include a Wavefront object exporter, for the walkmesh and camera.
    The catch here is that you can't export a camera in this format, so The camera is created as a simple line,
    starting from the camera position, towards the target. At least you can easily set the camera on the exact position,
    but just have to play with the fov or focal length of your modeler.
    Another negative issue with this format is that it can not handle animation, or keyframes.
    Could do a camera track as a spline also, but that will take a lot of time to set up I think

enjoy, and post your results. Especially when you have some nice shiny hardware to show off...... :-D
 8-)

Mayo Master:
Thanks for sharing  :)
By the way, probably I'll ask you for the background ad walkmesh in Blender for a new scene pretty soon, given that I'm done with eals (or at least, my most advanced version is so heavy that I cannot work more on it with my current hardware.

SpooX:
Hi Mayo, I'm glad your still alive, hope your laptop can still manage :-)

I don't know if blender can use layers, where you can hide and unhide objects, that's how I work with max. (imagine Junon with 7 streets containing 10 detailed houses per street...that definately slows my laptop down, just by working on that, or a detailed plate of Midgar, with tables and candles inside Les Marroniers....) :-o

The next stage of the tool will be to include the blender exporter.
 8)

Mayo Master:
Hi,

Well, actually my laptop problems are probably due to a failing display cable. After some troubleshooting, I connected my laptop to my HDTV and I've been able to use it  :-P  I'll have to get that fixed one of these days, though.
As for my blender scene, between the smoke simulation to make the waterfall and the particle system to make the flower field, my computer cannot handle everything at once. Thankfully, hellbringer616 is currently helping me out with the render, what took me more than 2 hours took him about 10 mins  :o
I did try to rely on separate layers which do not interact with one another (make the flower fields on two distinct layers for two distinct renders, and then combine them in paintshop), but my computer could not handle even that!
Oh, and as a very lame anecdote: I realized that the first PSX disk of my FF7 game is missing (probably lost during one of my 15 moving in and out in the past 15 years  :cry: ), does that mean that I won't be able to extract the field screens corresponding to the first disk? (I actually don't know what's on each disk, data-wise - I assume the necessity for several disks stemmed from the weight of the FMVs). Otherwise I have the downloaded version of FF7 to play it on PSP/PS3, though I don't know what can work with that. Anyways, thanks in advance for the blender exporter  :)

SpooX:

--- Quote from: Mayo Master on 2012-11-25 17:54:36 ---Thankfully, hellbringer616 is currently helping me out with the render, what took me more than 2 hours took him about 10 mins  :o

--- End quote ---
That's a huge difference...makes me wonder what kind of hardware you guys are using..... :-o

--- Quote from: Mayo Master on 2012-11-25 17:54:36 ---I did try to rely on separate layers which do not interact with one another (make the flower fields on two distinct layers for two distinct renders, and then combine them in paintshop), but my computer could not handle even that!

--- End quote ---
...makes me wonder what kind of hardware you are using...... :)
though if you have a HDMI connection, it can't be that old...

--- Quote from: Mayo Master on 2012-11-25 17:54:36 ---Oh, and as a very lame anecdote: I realized that the first PSX disk of my FF7 game is missing (probably lost during one of my 15 moving in and out in the past 15 years  :cry: ), does that mean that I won't be able to extract the field screens corresponding to the first disk? (I actually don't know what's on each disk, data-wise - I assume the necessity for several disks stemmed from the weight of the FMVs).

--- End quote ---

If I'm correct, you don't have to worry about that, since all field files are on all the discs for the psx.
The only difference is the fmv's.
 8-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version