Author Topic: Some Questions From a Noob :P  (Read 2699 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Some Questions From a Noob :P
« on: 2008-10-02 17:41:09 »
I'm pretty much a noob at FF7 modding, and i would like to know a few things so i can start getting some proper mods done, and, maybe in the future, some patches :D

firstly, how can i convert Models from proper file formats (e.g. .3DS) into FF7-Recognised Models (.P)

I can go the other way around, But not Implement them in. its odd.
Any Help?

Also, i was wondering, is changing models in this game as simple as decompressing the parts you want, and replacing the ones you want to mod with them? for instance, in battle, if i modified sephiroth's legs to be clouds, would they literally be clouds, and work with the animations/skeleton? because i think I've got it if so :-D

Last Question, if I Took a Model i have From a 3D modelling program, Like this:

Resized it to perfectly fit what i want to replace, and Converted it to a .P file, would it act Perfectly in-game?

Thanks To whoever can answer My Queries :D

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: Some Questions From a Noob :P
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-02 18:20:49 »
You'll need to weld it first

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-02 18:27:54 »
You'll need to weld it first

due to the fact that I'm pretty much a total noob, i have no idea what that means. care to explain exactly what that is and how it is achieved?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-04 11:41:25 »
Select the object, then select the second tab above the object name, then click the red dots symbol, then select press control and A, then click the weld button.