Author Topic: Crash when Yuffie is defeated!!  (Read 5572 times)

Mytryl

Crash when Yuffie is defeated!!
« on: 2004-07-13 21:57:29 »
I keep crashing when i defeat yuffie in a forest battle. I have win XP, 2.6 p4, GeForce FX 5600 with 256 MB, Audigy 2 ZS.

Already instaled 1.02 patch, and chocobo patch, but still... i am running on NVIDIA checked, and Riva also checked. Unchecked the 8 bit paralleling on the riva settings... duno what else to do.

Thank you for any hel;p that you can give me ;).

PD: Also would appreciate that if there is no actuall solution to this problem... maybe someone can get my save, pass that yuffie part, and then give it back to me ;).

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-13 23:11:50 »
There probably is no solution to your problem... I would suggest posting your FFVII Save file here and then someone will help you out.

- Mark

FLiXD

• View Profile
    • http://planetbob.net/pb
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-14 00:08:40 »
I'm by no means an expert, but there's a coupla things you could try:

1) Set to Software Acceleration/320x240 for the section... if it gets you through, revert back to Hardware Acceleration
2) Back up the saves folder, uninstall & reinstall the game, and copy the saves folder back in. I haven't heard of this crash anywhere else in fairly extensive searching (for solutions to my own problems), so it could be a corrupt file

I'm also running XP & GeForce 5600 and I didn't have a problem with Yuffie pickup... Chocobo & Cosmo, yes, but not Yuffie. So if you still have a problem after trying those options (and anything else anyone suggests), I'll play it through for you. Just drop a link to the savefile, or email it to me.

If you're using nVidia drivers it's recommended that you head backwards to Detonator drivers (nVidia 4.xx.xx, rather than 5.xx.xx or 6.xx.xx) - apparently the newer ones have compatibility issues with FFVII PC. Have a look at some of the posts on the 2nd page of the Great FF7 FAQ topic. You may also want to try the TNT rather than Riva setting, which works for me. Loads of drivers are available here

Mytryl

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-14 03:47:53 »
Thnx all ;). Imna try that, however if that doesnt work, i'll be emailing the save file.

Thnx.

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-14 05:39:57 »
I could be wrong, but why do you have the NVidia box checked at all? I use a GeForce2 and theres no need to check the NVidia box, but if I do it'll crash the game before it ever starts, so if it starts then I guess that might not be a problem. But just for kicks, if nothing else works, try unchecking the NVidia box, see if that might help.

Mytryl

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-14 12:30:45 »
Well i had the nVidia box unchecked at first, and 8 bit parallel seems to FAIL, might be to my drivers... duno, have FX 5600 with drivers 56.72 for win XP.

Imna try and run it and override the rivo as well and lets see if it works ;), thnx. If it doesnt, i guess imna have to be mailing someone with the save file :'(.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-14 16:17:59 »
Doesn't sound like Video card problem to me, sound more like bad data....aka. a bad disk....but then again, quarter screen mode can get you thru some real, strange hiccups.

It is wierd that your 8-bit pallet doesn't say pass, though. From my experience you can only make is say fail by disabling it in Rivatuner. If it had said Pass the routine is to not install the FF7.exe from the patch and not to check the box. If it says fail, you use the FF7.exe from the patch and check the box. If those two rules aren't followed, it will crash with a black screen during the loading, of the game. (unless your using software mode, then it don't matter)

Mytryl

« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-15 11:31:50 »
well actually i unchecked the box... and even though it says fail, it is working fine ;). Havent gone to chocobo races yet, or havent been to the cosmo canyon to see if that part works... but i was able to defeat and join Yuffie to the party ;).

Thanx for all your help... and 8 bit parallel still says "fail", but it seems to be working nicely ;).

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Crash when Yuffie is defeated!!
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-01 22:58:41 »
i just had that same problem on mine, crashed my computer every bloody time i won the fight, yes, switching to software renderer and 320x240 res works, it gets you through, then just save and switch back after, as FLiXD said.

lets just hope the same don't happen with good ol' vincent

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-01-01 23:15:00 »
Nice, thats like a world record right there. 6 year old thread necrophilia.
Aali's graphics driver will more than likely fix your issue.  8-)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #10 on: 2010-01-01 23:19:58 »
How does it feel Jaitsu?  :-D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-01-01 23:45:44 »
heh, i didn't realize the thread was old o.O i just wanted to see i it would work, which it did, forgot to check, then posted it.

must be all the pepsi in my system  :-D