Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572491 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #150 on: 2006-04-14 16:01:29 »
hum Thrashamatrix ... it is sopose to work ... maybe the server was down some minutes I don't know lol ... but it works now for me

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006-04-14 20:29:14 »
hehe I added a pic of my first new model hehe it's the fat crew member He will be in the next version of the NPC with all my other edit hehe

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
« Reply #152 on: 2006-04-15 03:50:52 »
what u mean fat crew member

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006-04-15 07:15:53 »
The fat airship crew member look on storms link to see.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006-04-15 09:05:29 »
Ya you were right, I tried now and the link works and the extra models are great and we supposed to just do the normal copy and paste right after we extract them from our Char.lgp then creat a new one, right? :roll:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006-04-15 19:51:36 »
Quote from: stormmedia
well Grisu in the last 2 weeks I've done more models than ever since I'm working on this project lol I have now all the 73 models edited hehe so I'll start soon to make new ones !!!

you can download it at the link in the first post of this page

This means that if I played the game with your patch latest version, there would be no characters unchanged? Or does it mean that you have updated all of the models that Borde had done before?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006-04-15 21:15:09 »
okey I've made a new update ... there is no new models it's just some detail I've fix ... for exemple the game did not find Tsang eyes and mouth or rude had a white thing at the place of the mouth... but nothing that was make the game to crash

I hope It wont have any other problems lol but keep telling me if you find some

Yami Pegasus this is only mean that I've updated those made by borde and Ice_cold513 lol sorry for the false hope

Thrashamatrix yes that's it.. just extract your char.lgp and remplace the files by my new ones

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #157 on: 2006-04-16 11:27:45 »
Can i insert your new model in the game without extracting the whole char lgp and making a new?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006-04-16 14:49:18 »
well grisu you could remplace all the files in lgptools but.... it take even more time... and I don'T know any ohter way than that... oh and by the way grisu I've made the old man you spoke of ... (well Im not sure that is this one but I think it is) ... He'll be on the next NPC's update with all my new ones

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
« Reply #159 on: 2006-04-17 01:38:21 »
... did not find Tsang ...

Tsneg* :P

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006-04-22 00:20:05 »
Hey borde, ice cold and storm how are you guys doing hope your having good times redesigning the npc's

any news on  :wicked: teasers :wicked: or new updates

good luck all of you on the rest of the npc's :D

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #161 on: 2006-04-22 07:52:50 »
Quote from: AOD

Tseng*  :D

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
« Reply #162 on: 2006-04-22 15:36:33 »
Quote from: Christian
Quote from: AOD

Tseng*  :D

ffs i was close

Terid__K

« Reply #163 on: 2006-04-23 00:59:01 »
Hello, I'm new here and I have just tried out this modification. I have to say that you guys are doing a great job on this, the game is much more fun to play with these detailed characters. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't enjoy it for long, because I've run into a problem. I own the original US version of the game, and I installed things in this order:

1st - The FF7 XP patch 1.2
2nd - The Chocobo race patch
3rd - The NPC character reconstruction mod (I'm sure I installed it the right way)

Well, after that I started a new game to test the mod. Everything was running just fine, until I got in the first battle of the game. The game crashed right before the battle started.

Any thoughts?  :(

Offtopic: Does anybody know if it's possible to change the music that plays in a battle (Like setting the boss music to play in Ruby Weapon)? Sorry to go a bit off topic, it's just something I had in mind...

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2006-04-23 03:18:49 »
Hi Terid__k and welcome!!!  first... I don't think your problem comes from our patch... in fact I'm experencing the same exact problem when I switch to another application without closing the game and then return in the game ... as soon as I encounter an ennemy the game crash... as I said I think your problem must comes from something esle 'cause if it was the field models the problem ... it would crash on the field... not in the battles... but I can't help you more than tell you to try to reinstall the game,  install the 1.02 patch and then the NPC patch (I recommand to download my edition 'cause it's the lastest version of the patch if we consider that in the next version of the npc patch all the models will be like this and I've modified some things on the models... you can find my edition in the first post of the 5th page of this topic)... maybe if you reinstall the game before you have more chance that  it will work... oh and never switch to another application while you play 'cause it crashed almost every time for me ...
and for the music you can use the Facedula's ff7music patch. go to
http://www.sylphds.net/f2k3/
and go to ff7 programs, you'll find it there

and Thrashamatrix I will upload some pics of my new models soon I'll let you know when It'll be done... but I don't know when we'll publish a new update ... well we work as fast as we can !!...

oh and AOD, Christian ... sorry for my mistake with Tsang... Tsneg... Tseng.... well I don't know anymore with all this!!! lol

well see you

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2006-04-23 17:26:06 »
Well, since the new version is getting delayed for too long, I think it's time to release some images. Here you have some of the models I've done lastly:

Hope we finish sometime soon but, as I've said other times, I'm bussy so can't promise anything.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #166 on: 2006-04-23 18:22:50 »
Wow this looks great!!!
Please keep on working, i cant wait for the patch  :lol:

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006-04-23 19:31:24 »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o
DAMN!!!  (Take away my shoes and call me shoeless) thats by god the best thing Iv seen today and I just saw Carmen Elektra riding a sybian :roll:

Those are awserm and they are the NPC's that people wanted changed (I don't know if i stand alone) it's really high definition and looks proffesional, who did them, Borde?  Massive props to whoever

One thing that I am thankful for is that you guys arnt charging for downloads (s**t! don't get any ideas though :wicked:)

Good job, this is a must have for any FF7 player!

---EDIT---
Just a suggestion/question ...(sort of) why dont you guys use more femineme (excuse spelling) shoes (more sleek) instead of boots you would find at hiking stores and dont get me wrong they look good its just they look out of place on a little kid.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006-04-23 21:26:53 »
well Thrashamatrix... Borde is using big feets and big hands for his models that's his style ... his models looks pretty good indeed it's just that I'd make the boots and the hands and the feet a little smaller

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #169 on: 2006-04-23 21:29:29 »
wow guys, I cant belive the professional quality of the remakes. Excellent excellent work, its obvious that you guys are getting better and better at redoing the models. Well ill stop licking ass now, but im so impressed. Well done.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #170 on: 2006-04-24 10:37:27 »
Wow borde, you made those models just by moving vertices and recolouring ? That's some great job !

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #171 on: 2006-04-24 11:45:03 »
I agree.
I have never seen anything like this made using so simlpe tools.

Great Job!

- Alhexx

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006-04-24 17:54:26 »
Thanks for the support to everyone. That's something that certainly rises my moral :-P. Yes, those are my models, but I must say that stormmedia and ice_cold513 are doing a very good job too.

Well Mirex, to be technically acurate, I'm also adding and removing polygons :-P. And stocking P files, that sure helps a lot to rise the detail level.

Once again, I'd like to thank you Mirex and Alhexx for your programs and documentation. Without them, probably It would have been impossible for me to program Kimera and thus start this project. :-)

NOTE: Once again, I'd like to say that redoing models is not THAT hard. It's just a matter of immagination and patience (specially patience).

NOTE2:By the way, did anyone notice the fact that the torso of the first model is actually Shiva's torso? Heavily moded, of course :-P

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006-04-24 21:08:13 »
looks like it's show time hehe so here some pics of the 4 models I've done since I started to do new models

and a good news for all !!! we'll do an update quite soon so look for it hehe

well see you
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:34:38 by stormmedia »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006-04-25 08:16:33 »
It's really great job, guys! The problem is that the hands and feet difference between Borde's and Stormmedia's creations might make the fianal result a bit inconsistent...

I personally would surely go with Stormmedia's take of it but I'm extremely happy to see this group work together and deliver such results! Really...Congratulations!

P.S. Stormmedia, isn't the red papillon in the last picture pointing to the wrong direction (up instead of down ?)