Author Topic: Loveless program - question  (Read 4740 times)

vegetamaker

• View Profile
Loveless program - question
« on: 2009-03-31 01:27:46 »
Well... i guess that ppl will start hate me because i am asking alot hehe. I am just trying all programs in the http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising (atleast those that i thing are interesting for me ^^). Now was the turn for Loveless and is really awesome ^^.

I was tring change the first message of the game (just for check it) and i musted edit ALOT times the same message with loveless program but only 1 time i came change the window size and positioning. Then i saw that in the middle column mostly "items" had a "semi-transparent" color and others normal. Those normal were that i can resize.

That mean that those message that i cant resize are not used in game? Just for fill data base maybe or their have other usage?

One more time, Thanks for all.

Edit: Added screenshot

« Last Edit: 2009-03-31 13:36:29 by vegetamaker »

CSK001

Re: Loveless program - question
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-02 06:26:28 »
Hi,
Thanks for this useful information.  I must appreciate the tools provided by you.  Please keep updating me in this regard.

CSK

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-02 07:41:48 »
Hi,
Thanks for this useful information.  I must appreciate the tools provided by you.  Please keep updating me in this regard.

CSK

The program isnt mine (i just downloadad it from the link posted in the first message). I was asking for few doubts. The autor of this program is Squall78.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-02 10:03:04 »
The squares in light blue indicate that the text is not resizable. And the majority of texts not resize do not appear on the selected screen.

There are often duplicates texts on several screens.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-02 22:22:49 »
The squares in light blue indicate that the text is not resizable. And the majority of texts not resize do not appear on the selected screen.

There are often duplicates texts on several screens.

So i could just delete all them? It could be really good for do the file littler and for fix texts ^^

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-04-07 14:55:28 »
Well, just make sure you're not deleting text that is actually displayed, or otherwise used in the game. With so much text, you'll have your work cut out for you... However, if you find any references to the Junon-events in Midgar sceneries and vice-versa, you can probably safely assume they can be deleted. Look out for the strings telling the .exe what music to play (usually at the end of the message-list)! HOWEVER: Text-data doesn't take up an awful lot of space, and Loveless v2.4 seems to compress the .lgp to a lesser degree than the original, so the file will most likely get bigger anyway. Unless, of course, it's fixed in v2.5, as your screenshot shows you using. Where did you get that?? The version in the wiki is 2.4! I wantsss it!

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-04-08 16:30:20 »
Tanks for it. Then i guess i will keep them. I'll skip them for "re-translate".

Btw i downloaded it from the "real" post: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6013.0