Author Topic: Movement Problems  (Read 3225 times)

aranu

Movement Problems
« on: 2005-07-31 22:55:22 »
Hello everyone, I'm new here, and I have a little problem. When I'm trying to run diagonally, Cloud just walks in that direction. I'm holding down the [Cancel] button. It seems I can only walk Up, Down, Left, and Right. Any help is appreciated.

Mod Edit: Moved to Game Tweaking

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Movement Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-31 23:14:56 »
The best solution is to buy a gamepad (really :P there's a huge difference between using a keyboard and a good joypad).

Anyway... just checked it... I could run diagonally. Changed the keys to use up-down-left-right arrows to move and now I have that problem too :P. The solution? Change your movement keys...

Basically it's because the keys you've chosen fill the keyboard buffer with 2 bytes (per key) when pressed. Your kebyoard just don't see the [CANCEL] key pressed when you're also pressing two "arrows".

Hope that helps...

-gone away-

• View Profile
Movement Problems
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-01 02:21:00 »
What brand gamepad do you use?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Movement Problems
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-01 09:47:58 »
Well...

brand... SpeedLink... :D

It's not a brand-gamepad after-all. It's a clone of the DualShockII but has a USB-connection (that's why i bought it). It's not a good idea to buy some made-in-china products which are SONY's replacements, because these won't last as long as the original one will. But well... It works now and if it gets broken i'll buy a new one :)

-gone away-

• View Profile
Movement Problems
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-01 11:50:12 »
mine's an el cheapo one as well. I picked up a Belkin N45 with duel analog from Electronic'sBotique for $10 in a half price sale. microsoft bought out all the shelf space so you cannot get them anymore.

I was just asking because the microsoft prices are insane. $80 to $120. And i was thinking of getting another one for fighting games like street fighter.

dziugo

• View Profile
Movement Problems
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-01 12:05:16 »
Well...

IMHO PS2 controller is good for all (IF it's small-size isn't a problem - my bro for example prefers bigger joy-pads). Also it's known as a high-durability product (of course an original one). I was thinking of buying PS2->PC converter and using the DualShockII, but i've given a shot to that SpeedLink thingy :P

Also... a Logitech's controller is a good choice (precise and long-living :P).

If you're going to use it in mash-all-the-keys-as-quickly-as-possible-type-games, don't waste your money on cheap replacements... buy a good one, that will last longer than your enemies :P...