Author Topic: FFVII STEAM VER - Voice Attacks 1  (Read 10642 times)

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
FFVII STEAM VER - Voice Attacks 1
« on: 2014-05-17 13:32:44 »
Hi all here you have a new voice pack for attacks and some limits of time to Cloud and Tifa Aeris, I hope you like it! ^ ^

In the description of the video have the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMSdazrLDRc

The voices have been picked from the Dissidia 012
« Last Edit: 2014-05-17 13:38:03 by Seclet »

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII STEAM VER - Voice Attacks 1
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-17 14:30:11 »
Here you have a preview of the limits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXpjsVI8zs

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-17 14:47:38 »
I like this idea, but it needs a lot more voice acting than this to not get annoying really fast. At least a few voice clips per character per attack type (battle scripting to randomly choose which one to use?)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-17 17:05:24 »
Would you consider doing one since I swapped Cloud with Sephiroth as the main hero?  Kind of annoying hearing him when attacking with Sephiroth.

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-17 17:48:19 »
I like this idea, but it needs a lot more voice acting than this to not get annoying really fast. At least a few voice clips per character per attack type (battle scripting to randomly choose which one to use?)

for now I have those, and I have more to put sentences with voice but all in good time, I uploaded this cool? Here ire for informing all upgrade

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-17 17:49:12 »
Would you consider doing one since I swapped Cloud with Sephiroth as the main hero?  Kind of annoying hearing him when attacking with Sephiroth.

If man why not? take this into mind thanks

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-17 18:21:12 »
I agree about how every attack it may get annoying. But i love the voices on the limits.
Did you record these yourself?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-05-21 00:44:44 »

I need to digging in to it a bit more, but I think we could use 7th Heaven for it. Was a hard time to find out how this works anyway. 7th Heaven needs for this a Sound folder with the correct files in it (no directories which are simply called like that this time). I fear that it will not change the sound between the attacks but it should change between the battles. I need to find where Iros has explained the random feature of 7th Heaven.

Here is a working Iro file for 7th Heaven as a demo:
https://mega.co.nz/#!jcV22RDC!TKG7GzYp1IIpM0v7SRnY2Yya3wz8ebPsXz6PBuYq1KY

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-05-22 20:32:34 »
I don't think it's possible for 7th Heaven to randomly replace the sound files. It looks like that game load the needed sound on start up when the game is loading. So there is no chance for a random replacement.

The only way to bring it to work would possibly to hook a program with a dll in, which plays a voice sound along the hit sound.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-05-22 20:57:36 »
Yeah me and cmh found that out the hard way.  It seems that it will only except lgps.  You could try to trick it into thinking it is one by making a sound.lgp folder and see if that works.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-05-23 09:35:30 »
You can replace the sound with 7th Heaven but only once. Reminds me that I finally should download your mod and see if I couldn't bring some more files to work with 7th Heaven.

This music brings me in a good mood 8): https://soundcloud.com/lalinea/neopolitandreamsremix

EDIT
I see you guys have solved the problem with the .bin files.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 11:19:19 by Kaldarasha »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #11 on: 2014-05-23 13:18:45 »
Yeah me and cmh found that out the hard way.  It seems that it will only except lgps.  You could try to trick it into thinking it is one by making a sound.lgp folder and see if that works.

It's not necessarily just .lgps, I have gotten it to work with the sound folder for the updated FX mod bootleg installs. Some folders aren't supported though, or I at least haven't found how to correctly setup their directories. For example all the Aali mod path folders work, the sound, and kernel folders as well. I couldn't get the scene.bin file too work though, as it also goes into a folder called Battle (where the battle.lgp actually goes). So I think I was just having trouble getting it to differentiate it from the Aali mod path Battle folder. Using extra root directories (in that case data\battle) didn't seem to work, or as far as I can tell. I don't know everything that was done with Genesis's mod. It really is too bad Iros didn't release the source code.

I am wondering about tricking it into activating the counter script to randomize the sound though. I'm not sure if 7H only swaps files that the game is actually loading, or everything we place into a mod file based on the script. For example if we added a variable to load the script based on field id or ppv as well.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 13:40:55 by cmh175 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-05-23 14:29:56 »
Doesn't belong here. That's why I answer on this thread:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15156.msg213346#msg213346
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 16:33:16 by Kaldarasha »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #13 on: 2014-05-23 16:08:34 »
I was referencing the Sephiroth mod in relation to what seems to work and what doesn't, mostly because it was the most recent iro I did. The sound folder does, I'm just not sure about randomizing it.