Author Topic: And now wearing glass armor..  (Read 24033 times)

Reunion

• View Profile
Re: And now wearing glass armor..
« Reply #25 on: 2006-07-27 00:13:50 »
In the material chunk(hundrets), offset 0x44 sets the level of opacity for each group.
0 - transparent
1 - Translucent 75%
2 - Translucent 50%
3 - Translucent  25%
4 - Opaque (default)

The sword is made of two groups the first being the handle is set to 4 so it is opaque, the second groups is the blade and it is set to 3.

I should also mention that the model is grouped as much as possible, it uses only 9 .p files including the sword. If it wasn't grouped it would use 21 .p files and that would be ugly... good thing for grouping!

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-07-27 00:18:21 »
Does this work in battle?
If so, can we see a screenshot?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-07-27 00:45:48 »
Yeah it does the files are generally the same after all.

Both the battle and the field script can change this value.. in battles think of summoning and other magics, for the field the times when
cloud goes crazy..

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-07-27 01:29:53 »
Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
I was looking for  ascreenshot of the glassarmor cloud in the battle.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-07-27 01:47:22 »
Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
I was looking for  ascreenshot of the glassarmor cloud in the battle.

I don't think he has the animations for the Glass Armor model...

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-07-27 04:32:18 »
Did the model with the glass armor have a custom made head model?  I ask because I used this sweet modeling tool called FaceGen to make a spitting image of myself in Oblivion.  It analyzes front, left, and right portriats of a subject to make a very close 3d model and texture.  I ask because these models could then be exported to .3ds format.  And with your tool...good things could happen.

Here is one I messed with that took 10 minutes to render.  It would be even more accurate, but I only used a front portrait to analyze.  And the photo was not a very high resolution.

Mr. Popular

If someone could find consistent lighted, accurate colored, hi-res pictures of Advent Children characters, I could get started on rendering at least a nice looking head model.  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's just a thought.

Amazing work as always Reunion.  :-D

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-07-27 05:36:23 »
Wait wait wait.

1) Just give me the link to the image, don't want to suck up all the bandwidth with these pictures.
2) These need to be higher res, these are good, I was thinking if someone could take snapshots of the Dvd itself.
3) This program is very picky

Criteria
1) Hi-Res image (as previously stated)
2) Less hair in the face the better, but I could try some photoshop magic and make it disappear if necessary  :wink:
3) Frontal pics need to look straight forward with a neutral expression (No big smiles and whatnot)
4) Any Left or Right portrait pics should have similar lighting and coloring (If not I'll envoke more photoshop magic)

Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.  Any more pics you find please supply the link.  If mod wants to split topic I understand, I don't want to muck up Reunion's topic.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-07-27 08:29:53 »
Thank you for the information Reunion. I had no clue about this feature.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-07-27 14:35:47 »
Now that's interesting about the model information.  It would explain some of the battle models in the PS1 version of FF7.
I'll have to peruse the PS1 model file data to find the 'tweaked' value.
1) in the PC variant the weapon models are seperate files that can have seperate textures? Or is the weapon included with the main model and not as a seperate one in your example?
2) the PS1 had no weapon models with textures, and all weapon models were packed with the battle model.  I'm fairly certain you can't add texture data too the PS1 battle model weapons for the characters, although that would be kind of interesting if you could.

Cyb

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-07-27 21:27:00 »
The weapon models are all separate files and each group in each model can use a different texture, so its the same as any other model in the PC version. For example clouds model files are from rtam to rtbi then the weapon files come right after that, rtck to rtcz.

The battle file naming system seems to put a limit on the amount of textures you can use, they start at ??ac and then the models files start at ??am, so that gives you 10 textures ??ac to ??al. For the field I don't think there is a limit although I'm not really sure, either way 10 should be enough for anything.

As far as putting a texture on a weapon model it's just the same as any other model...

The_Iron_Chef

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006-07-28 04:18:03 »
Editing Weapon models?!

I can clearly see a custom battle animations importer... awesome job Reunion.

I know I'm new, and though I just started planning to contribute to the community, Reunion was the first name I heard when I entered these forums. It's nice to know there are still dedicated people for this hopeful little community. Insane job, Reunion.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-07-28 06:02:59 »
This is looking incredible so far. It would be awesome if we could eventually use Reunion's program, along with some scene.bin editing to make a drastically different game, with a different story and characters and everything.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006-07-28 08:17:02 »
now more then ever i cant wait for a download of this there tool

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-07-28 16:40:11 »
This is looking incredible so far. It would be awesome if we could eventually use Reunion's program, along with some scene.bin editing to make a drastically different game, with a different story and characters and everything.
Hmmmm making a game is still a lot of work.  There are engines out there galore if you didn't notice.  You still need to have a core plan and structure to make it happen.  FF7 currently requires a lot of tweaking (or hacking) to get it to do new things.  The engine is buggy and old.  Imagine trying to create new dialogs and conent?  Lots of work without modifying existing material.  It's possible but still lots of work.

Quote from: Reunion
The weapon models are all separate files and each group in each model can use a different texture, so its the same as any other model in the PC version. For example clouds model files are from rtam to rtbi then the weapon files come right after that, rtck to rtcz.

The battle file naming system seems to put a limit on the amount of textures you can use, they start at ??ac and then the models files start at ??am, so that gives you 10 textures ??ac to ??al. For the field I don't think there is a limit although I'm not really sure, either way 10 should be enough for anything.

As far as putting a texture on a weapon model it's just the same as any other model...
This is a function of the PC version of FF7, It can't be done with the PS1 version.  The Bones and Joints as well as model information on the PS1 are stored in the first section of the file.  Then come the animations. After the animations is the texture.  For characters that have changeable weapons, a single bone model is used for each weaon.  Unless the PS1 code is 'adjusted' there is no place for a texture on the weapon and of course the problem then becomes space in the VRAM.  The majority of the models use 4 bit tims (of which decoding them properly is a nightmare), the size limit is 256x256 for the texture.  Later engines such as FF8 and FF9 can handle multiple and larger textures.  They used 128x128 8bpp textures though.  Because of the way the VRAM is setup on the PS1 I don't think much could be done.  It is cool for the PC version at least, and you can have fun with it. :D

Cyb

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006-08-02 13:35:20 »
Will your editor be able to create and delete polygons? So if i have a model that has a torso and head i would be able to split them? When will it be released?

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-08-02 20:47:05 »
Reunion said sometime this week.

I can hardly wait!

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-08-03 12:32:12 »
huray huray i cannot wait much longer but it will be worth it when it comes