Author Topic: New Sword Model (And I need a little help)  (Read 11191 times)

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
New Sword Model (And I need a little help)
« on: 2006-09-15 18:59:19 »
I just made I new sword model with PCreator, but I honestly have no idea how to make it work at all in the game itself. I did dome experimenting with PCreator already, but the experiment sword model was turned at a wierd angle (It was pointing towards the person standing next to Cloud) and I have no idea how to get the textures in the game. I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I'm sort of new to this part of it. Anyways, onto the model.

First a little background info on the sword:
I frequent a Role Playing chatroom, and one of the other members decided to design Keyblades a la Kingdom Hearts for some of the characters in the chatroom. This sword is one of my character's Keyblades, so the sword is simply called "Toxic's Keyblade." I decided to make this one, because it looks less like a key, and more like some insane looking sword. Here's a couple of pics:

Original Design:

Toxic's Keyblade Model:

I'm not really done texturing it yet, I'm going to do a little more detail in the metal parts of the handle still, but I still wanted to show it off a little first.

Cazador

• View Profile
Re: New Sword Model (And I need a little help)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-15 19:17:44 »
Comin along awesome. great job. not sure how to help your prob. but just wanted to say keep up the good work  :-D

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-15 19:28:41 »
Ugh... so I tried to put it in game just to see how it would look, and all that shows up is the handle, and it's upside down, and like all the way up by Cloud's shoulder.

**Edit**
I got the handle into his hands, but none of the other groups are showing up. I'm assuming that I have to edit some ort of file to get it to work, but I don't know what it is. Here's a visual aid as to what the problem is:

The sword in Bitrun:

The sword in Game:
« Last Edit: 2006-09-15 20:07:34 by andrewmarsh13 »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-16 06:29:54 »
Well I got another model made up, but I still don't know how to implement them in-game... sigh. The new model is the Shin-Ra Powerblade:

**EDIT**
I'm on a roll with making these swords! Okay... well this next one isn't as elaborate, but it's not supposed to be. This is the Shin-Ra Collector's Blade:

I added a little shading to the Keyblade so it looks a little bit better:
« Last Edit: 2006-09-16 20:00:35 by andrewmarsh13 »

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-17 06:59:45 »
Awesome.  Someone help him so I can get these in game haha

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-17 09:36:04 »
Hi nice swords anyway

how many parts are in the swords i have not used PCreator but i have to to make some swords too

if the swords are in to parts then you will have to make then in to 1

i know that Ultima can make 2 p files in to 1 but i dont know if it works with the battle model type but have a go

http://www.alhexx.com/

If it not in parts then i would Pm Reunion

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-17 13:40:19 »
Presently we do not have a way to get custom-made models into the game.  All of the customizations/patches you see around here still only use models from the game.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-17 17:15:22 »
Presently we do not have a way to get custom-made models into the game.  All of the customizations/patches you see around here still only use models from the game.
hey what about PCreator? It's not the best but it can certainly make custom .p files.

um yeah I think the problem has to do with the texture ID (if a models is textured and it cannot find the texture because the ID is wrong it will not render anything), however with battle models the ID pertains to the whole model not just the rsd file like with the field models.
With the way my programs has it now it limits the battle models to only a few textures since the texture index is absolute, and this will need to be fixed. I did most texture testing with field models (just because it's easier) so allow me to get reacquainted with the battle models. I'll get back to you about that as soon as I can fix it. In the meantime if you want I can put one of your swords in and you can use it as an example.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-17 18:02:29 »
My understanding is that you can make custom .p files but the game does not like them?  (Which is why andrewmarsh13's sword wasn't working.)
However, my only experience is with mirex's Bitrun, maybe PCreator works and I somehow missed it.

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-17 18:24:13 »
Who's the dude in the game?

By the way you should try and make the gunblade and axe using the swords that would never work. That last one looks like a lockpick.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-17 20:49:10 »
Who's the dude in the game?

By the way you should try and make the gunblade and axe using the swords that would never work. That last one looks like a lockpick.

It's a model of himself that he made.

And he likes his Keyblade-esque weapon. If I were you, I wouldn't make fun of it if you want him to do you a favor by creating a gunblade.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-17 22:06:55 »
hey what about PCreator? It's not the best but it can certainly make custom .p files.

um yeah I think the problem has to do with the texture ID (if a models is textured and it cannot find the texture because the ID is wrong it will not render anything), however with battle models the ID pertains to the whole model not just the rsd file like with the field models.
With the way my programs has it now it limits the battle models to only a few textures since the texture index is absolute, and this will need to be fixed. I did most texture testing with field models (just because it's easier) so allow me to get reacquainted with the battle models. I'll get back to you about that as soon as I can fix it. In the meantime if you want I can put one of your swords in and you can use it as an example.

Yeah, I'm using Pcreator to make the models (That's what all the screens of the textured models are from) Each model uses 4 textures, except for the keyblade, which uses 3. I'll zip the Powerblade's 3DS, and bmp files and host it somewhere for you to get, I'll put it in this thread when I do.

Quote from: dante66

Well right now I plan on making mostly weapons that kind of look like they would appear in the FF7-verse, mostly Shin-Ra built stuff, mostly very industrial looking. The next non-FF7 style sword I plan on making is the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda though. I might also try to make Cloud's sword from AC if I can get a decent picture of it (I haven't looked yet, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard)

**Edit**
Here's the Powerblade's 3DS files and textures:
http://ez-files.net/download2.php?a=a48a42cf&b=ca74637286a4d3f41009d051f27260f1
« Last Edit: 2006-09-17 22:58:00 by andrewmarsh13 »

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-18 02:35:28 »
Yeah, I'm using Pcreator to make the models
Sorry I was talking to Aaron for that first part...

and so you don't lose hope..

I had to fix some things manually but I should have my program fixed soon.
For your model that replaces cloud how many textures are used?

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-09-18 10:49:21 »
really awesome. I hope you can get them to work :D:D:D

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-09-18 12:18:59 »
I really like your Shin-Ra Powerblade Andrew, great work!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-09-18 16:28:44 »
It looks great. All that detail might not translate very well to 640x480 screen resolution, though, as hires textures as those I presume you're using will be too small to really be visible.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-09-18 17:39:24 »
I fixed a few things and now it should be able to texture battle models without having to fix the id's outside the program.

PCreator v0.85b

I'll explain how to texture your Powerblade according to cloud's file names.

First of all we need to put the number of textures that the whole model will use into the hierarchy (rtaa) file. We have two for cloud's head his eye and mouth (rtac, rtad), then the textures that the power blade uses: rtae - Handle.bmp, rtaf - Base.bmp, rtag - Blade.bmp, rtah - Materia.bmp. In total we have six so first set it to a battle model then go to Open Battle HRC... under the file menu. Open cloud's hierarchy (rtaa) file and set the number of battle textures to 6.

Then add the model groups in a logical order and then load all the texture files. After that you need to set the texture ID for each group.
Handle = 2 (the Handle starts at 2 because cloud's  eyes and mouth are using Id's 0 and 1)
Base = 3
Blade = 4
Materia = 5

Select Texture File(s) under the Options menu so it writes all the texture files, then save the model over the buster sword (rtck). Rename the textures to the following:
Handle = rtae
Base = rtaf
Blade = rtag
Materia = rtah

Then just put all the changed files in the battle.lgp, make sure to put in rtaa because it was changed from having 2 textures to 6.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-09-19 13:56:42 »
hey andrewmarsh13 any other cool ideas like this? and a small question, how do you fit them into the game?