Author Topic: KH2 Model  (Read 43068 times)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: KH2 Model
« Reply #25 on: 2007-03-23 14:43:25 »
Has anyone even ripped models from Dirge of Cerberus yet?  Pictorial evidence is all well and good, but it's suspect to say the least.  It's amazing what shabby photoshop pics get thrown at me of people who "own" Final Fantasy 7.  It is more plausible to have a tutorial written.  If you own the games and really want it, you'll learn how to do it.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-03-23 15:44:56 »
Nice job Reunion, as usual. By the way, now that I see you here, do yo know if transparent groups work for field models?
Abou the legal stuff, I agree with Otokoshi. It would be absurd to ask for photos of the game. It's way too easy to fake and also way too boring for the poor soul that had to do the job.

murak

« Reply #27 on: 2007-03-23 17:00:30 »
...I think Borde has a point, sorry for sounding noobish, but what exactly is a command prompt then? For my dumper to work, it asks for a command prompt without telling me what one is...

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-03-23 18:00:56 »
what exactly is a command prompt then?
Now that's a funny question :-), but I think Microsoft should be able to help you out.

By the way, now that I see you here, do you know if transparent groups work for field models?
Thanks Borde, and yes they should work in both the field and battle models. It also seems to depend on what material is applied to that group. Textures seem to blend differently than when just using the vertex colors so some of the options may be different. I'm not really sure why they would not be working, I guess just try all the different options (0-4) to see if it changes.

For example:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-03-23 21:47:57 »
Thanks Reunion. Now at least I know it's possible. But I've got a little problem... were can I find information about the material definition :-P. I know you sent me part of your code, but when I went to download it, it was gone.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-03-23 23:18:37 »
I sent you the corrected link so hopefully that works now. Specifically the transparent offset is 0x44 (or 68 bytes) and the values range from 0-4. The texture flag is set at 0x08, and typically 0 is off and 14 is on. Also if there is an array of textures in the rsd file 0x10 sets what texture the group will use. These are the important offsets anyway since the other data in the material chunk does not seem to do anything useful.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-03-25 10:09:59 »
Thanks for the information Reunion. It will be very useful.