Author Topic: [REL] Magochocobo Final Fantasy VIII characters textures  (Read 176317 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [REL] Magochocobo Final Fantasy VIII characters textures
« Reply #175 on: 2014-06-15 23:53:29 »
Welcome back!!!

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-07-13 15:09:58 »

soon I upload the models with my textures in low  resolution that work in the game but loss details.

It would still look way better than the original model textures. Im all for it. Cant wait for the release. Good job guys. Keep it up and dont let us wait too long, lol. I'm so excited. You should really go ahead and put out an alpha release or something :P (Same size looks good enough, the difference is huge and a WIP release would really make a lot of people happy, me included, lol)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-13 21:23:02 by monty777 »

draycon

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-07-18 18:40:13 »
great job  :)

I do not speak English

my question is if you know of any program that you can view models ff8.
I have searched but have not found any.  :-[

or how  view the models 3d

will thank you much

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-07-19 02:35:06 »
my question is if you know of any program that you can view models ff8.
I have searched but have not found any.  :-[

or how  view the models 3d

You can get a battle model viewer for FFVIII here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12778.0
It only works with battle models (*.dat files).

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2014-08-16 09:13:47 »
Need this texture for the FFVIII Steam version (fr) ! :D

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-08-21 12:09:40 »
Any news for a steam version ?

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2014-08-25 14:43:32 »
Hi, I have read this whole topic and I still don't understand how to install this beautiful textures! Can someone help me, please? I have a non-steam version of the game.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-08-25 16:25:17 »
You can't. It only works with Tonberry by Omzy, and that is only compatible with the Steam version.

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2014-08-25 17:00:57 »
Ok, thanks! Then if I buy a steam version the textures will work? Do you know how to install it, please? Tomberry looks easy to install, it's just download the two files and copy/past then, but the Magochocobo's textures?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #184 on: 2014-08-25 17:30:18 »
I don't think Tonberry has implemented any of the model textures yet. Omzy has said that Tonberry can support any texture in the game, but in order for it to be implemented, it's up to us to pick apart the game files and find exactly which pieces correspond to the textures we want to change. If you're able to do that, pack them up and send them over to Omzy. He'll take a look at them and try to update the hashmap to support them.

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-08-25 17:38:36 »
That's a bad surprise.. So nothing can be done, since both topics seem to be dead. Thank you guys for the info. :|

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #186 on: 2014-08-25 19:03:59 »
They're not dead. Omzy has a very busy life of work, but he always reappears when things die down. He's been active since the beginning of time here, so it's just a matter of being patient. Plus, we can't expect one man to find every file location for every texture and do it in a timely fashion. When he released Tonberry, he asked that we help him find those locations and send him the information accordingly. Then he does his part with Tonberry to make it compatible with a modders textures. It's all about the community working together.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-25 19:10:31 by EQ2Alyza »

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-08-25 19:57:58 »
I can understand that, but I wouldn't know what to do, I'm not a modder, I'm sorry. So until someone can figure out the needed information, we are stuck with not be able to use Magochocobo's great textures. It's a shame, but patience.. :(

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2014-08-25 23:30:21 »
I can understand that, but I wouldn't know what to do, I'm not a modder, I'm sorry. So until someone can figure out the needed information, we are stuck with not be able to use Magochocobo's great textures. It's a shame, but patience.. :(
It's never too late to start learning.
A few years ago I didn't even know what a programming language was... :D

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2014-08-25 23:50:40 »
Ahahahah, it's true it's true. I actually learn something about modding from Oblivion and Skyrim, but nothing so complicated like programming, script and tools. In next years, when I will finish university, I may actually try to learn this stuff :D

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2014-08-29 22:49:53 »
I would like to see this mod happen, FF VIII in my opinion was up there, next to FFVII. IS there a way to also increase the polygons for the models i wonder? this would be a breakthrough for this game.

Erana

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2014-09-10 23:23:44 »
They're not dead. Omzy has a very busy life of work, but he always reappears when things die down. He's been active since the beginning of time here, so it's just a matter of being patient. Plus, we can't expect one man to find every file location for every texture and do it in a timely fashion. When he released Tonberry, he asked that we help him find those locations and send him the information accordingly. Then he does his part with Tonberry to make it compatible with a modders textures. It's all about the community working together.

Okay... so I'm absolutely in love with these character mods.  They must be in the game, darn it.  :)  I'm thinking of tracking down the needed file info, but I wanted to check first - is there anyone who's working on this yet? 

Mortael

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2014-12-01 00:00:11 »
I feel we should revive this topic to kickstart the character textures modification!

So far, I've successfully managed to hash the rest of the battle textures, and, I am working on the uniforms as we speak, I'm wondering if Mago, you could perhaps work on a SeeD uniform for Squall? I can hash it to get it working in-game, all I need is the texture :D If that's possible? And also, if it's okay if I continue to use your textures to get them in-game?

So far:
(I fixed the blurriness of the griever pendant, this was merely to test the hash code)

Squall in high-res uniform

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #193 on: 2014-12-07 16:47:56 »
Hi! I remember that i started the textures for the seed uniform and I complete the riona party dress too. but all my textures in other pc (my old pc) so I am going to rescue the files in my holidays.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #194 on: 2014-12-10 00:30:40 »
Magochocobo is back! Smash the like button for some positive motivation now folks! :D

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #195 on: 2014-12-12 12:34:08 »
hahahahah magochocobo returns! xD

Petit-Chocobo

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2015-02-09 03:08:15 »
HOLY CRAP! LOOKING GREAT!! :D I hope you guys are still working on it :) but just looking at these pictures make me fangasm! :D

Kravel

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2015-02-18 16:35:30 »
who could tell me how to install it?

Falkenauge

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2015-03-03 17:58:21 »
Hi wanted to ask if there is a guide on how to install this mod?
have the steam version

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: 2015-03-04 00:23:42 »
You can install these textures by installing Berrymapper, which can only be run once you've installed the latest version of Tonberry. This thread itself is not an installable mod, just a collection of textures that can be processed into mods. The released textures themselves are incomplete as Magochocobo has yet to release Rinoa's Party Dress, Edea, Raijin, Kiros, and Ward; some of which he said needed to be retrieved from his other hard drive.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-04 02:11:57 by Mirrorman95 »