Author Topic: Cait Sith Field Model  (Read 13309 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Cait Sith Field Model
« on: 2013-05-01 14:38:33 »
I'm testing a new field model for Cait Sith and need a little help. A friend of mine sent me a bunch of mods he's made, but he sent me a full copy of the battle.lgp and char.lgp files. I don't want to just fully replace mine so I've been picking out what goes with what. The problem is I have no idea what files in char.lgp make up Cait Sith, and my friends English is pretty limited and getting into technical computer questions really raises the language barrier. Any one have an idea which are his, or at least what he's labeled as on the FF7-2 spread sheet? https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AniNoDVsrYhVdG0zZERUT0tsOF91eHE2WHo4ZWRseWc&gid=4 My understanding is it's an original model so I could upload it after I pull him out if anyone's interested in checking that and trying the mod. The giant white polygonal blob he rides around on can be pretty distracting, and this new one is rounded off and less of an eyesore.

« Last Edit: 2013-05-01 23:51:11 by cmh175 »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Cait Sith Field Model
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-01 15:44:40 »
looks like his field model is aebc.hrc  - aehc.a .

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-01 16:12:25 »
The best thing is to extract the char.lgp and battle.lgp with a lgp-tool. After the extraction you could open
the models with kimera. The good thing is if you open a model with kimera it loads all needed files and then you could safe them in a folder you want without having the problem to find out which part is needed.
For testing I recommend you to use the direct mode off aali's driver. This way you don't need to create a new lgp and overwrite your lgp files.
I'm very interested in the model, if it's good I would like to combine it in my mod Improved and added unshaded characters.
I try to make the models in a uniform looking way, but at the moment I try to make battle models out of the main characters.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-01 16:49:06 »
I downloaded Kimera 097, seems like a cool program but I'm getting a "Component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" error. I'll just pick Cait Siths files out manually for now and see if they work or if I missed anything. Sure go for it, feel free to use it as you'd like. There doesn't seem to be many mods for him so go ahead and spread it around.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-01 17:32:44 »
Maybe this helps: http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_auswahl_37449840.html?t=1367428086&v=3600&s=8f79788851c9fb441398e339ff54e06c
Sorry, it's a german page, but I haven't found in the short time an english one. It is a runtime installer, which should help you with the missing files.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-01 18:20:28 »
Ok so it looks like I have his field and battle models ready. I know this forum has strict guidelines for what can be shared so I want to reiterate: I'm not the owner of this mod but I was given permission to make changes and share it. Treat it like freeware: feel free to make changes and share them. If anyone finds a problem or something that violates any forum guidelines just let me know and I'll yank it down and try to fix it.

I do know for example another mod in the file looks the Zerox Tifa battle mod, which was also converted into a field model to go with it. I don't know if that's actually what it is or the ruling on that mod. Either way I had to make a lot of changes to it. The field model was completely missing it's right arm and the battle model would cause the game to crash. It seems to work perfectly and looks great so I could post it later if no one has a problem with it.

Ok cool, I'll try that and get Kimera working. That'll help a lot with testing and editing.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-01 23:51:34 by cmh175 »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-05-01 23:54:08 »
Well that doesn't look right. After recompiling a fresh char file Cait Sith looks the same. I think aebc.hrc -aehc.a maybe Red XIII.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-02 03:38:53 »
Yeah, sithlord48 is right: the char.lgp field model for Caith Sith is aebc.hrc; Red XIII is adda.hrc.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-02 03:48:24 »
Thanks. Damn I'm missing something than. May have to wait till I get Kimera working. I tried the runtime installer without any change.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-05-02 19:02:35 »
I had the same problem once using Kimera 0.97, I recomend you to run the 0.95 version, here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4194.550

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-06-06 00:22:22 »
Ok so I decided the model I was fixing sucked. It wasn't much better than the original, and when I checked it out in kimera it had all kinds of problems. So instead for fun I've been working on an alternative Caitsith model to replace the giant marshmallow he rides around on.

He's not perfect but Moogle's pretty badass compared to the mog and it didn't come out half bad. The model's from the Chocobo/Mog summoning for anyone who cant tell. It's kind of silly but he looks better than the mog, and it's funny as hell so I'm more likely to use Caitsith now.

Edit: If it looks good in the game there will be a battle model too obviously.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-06 00:24:37 by cmh175 »

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-06-06 01:40:52 »
We have few or close to none mods for cait sith here so good job! just make sure to stay clear of ripped models it could cause some issues here.

Also when testing models in-game use the direct method in installing the mod, that way you dont need to recompile your lgp's again ..
« Last Edit: 2013-06-06 06:13:32 by whitERaven »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #12 on: 2013-06-06 04:34:43 »
Though it would be non-canonical, Cait should be riding Tokunaga.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-06-06 05:02:31 »
I must be the only living person who likes Cait Sith. I like the marshmallow he rides around on, even. While, I'm at it, even though it's f*n random, why isn't marshmallow spelled marshmellow? That kinda blows my mind a little. 

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-06-06 05:15:02 »
Cool thanks Whiteraven. Yeah I've been through enough posts on qhimm to see how ripped models go over. I pulled the model right from the magic.lgp file so it's legal.

I actually don't hate Caitsith, it's just the way he looks in the game really shows it's age. He's the worst modeled character. I'm thinking of doing another down the line made from the battle model that'll have a lot more detail, but this seemed more fun to start with.

That's actually how I spelled marshmallow till spell check corrected it lol.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-06-06 12:32:54 »
Wow i love that model would definitely use that when i can play again if you released it, good job cmh175!

zutox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-06-06 13:18:00 »
This is kind of funny because yesterday I was talking to someone who is also interested in ff7 mods, and I told him it would have been so cool to have Cait Sith ride a proper moogle instead of the marshmallow. What a coincidence!

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-06-06 13:51:38 »
Ha that funny. Well either way as long as he actually works in the game I'll release it. I'm fine tuning it now so he's symmetrical, the wings were a serious pain. His ears look off, but that's just the texture of the model. Otherwise it'll just need a few alterations to the skeleton to ensure it can move properly. He's about a whole inch shorter (in kimera). He also has parts missing technically as he doesn't actually have legs or hands.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #18 on: 2013-06-06 14:08:00 »
Pretty well designed indeed! Well done! Very nice work!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-06-06 15:14:29 »
It took some innovation and creativity to take the choco\mog model. Good thinking.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013-06-06 15:48:55 »
Yeah, it looks pretty awesome. Just be slightly weird if Cait Sith summons Choco/Mog deathblow hehe. Working over time.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #21 on: 2013-06-06 17:50:26 »
Use the original giant marshmallow for a Fat-Mog summon instead of Fat-Chocobo?  I've always loved the idea of swapping models around the game.  Hell just take the Moogle and Chocobo form Choco/Mog and make that Cait Sith's character period haha.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013-06-11 22:43:28 »
I actually REALLY like that, I'd definitely use that in-game.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013-06-12 00:59:24 »
Glad you guys like it. I got wrapped up with another project that I'm finishing up with either tonight or tomorrow, and after it's released I'll get this finished and ready for use.

Rooness

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2020-02-11 10:19:32 »
Hate to bump such an old post, but couldn't find anything else regarding this model.

Was this ever finished by any chance? I'm doing a new run through the game and have always ignored Cait due to his bulky model, would love to have him in my run this time and having a much nicer model to look at would be amazing.

Bit of a stretch, but figured worth asking!