Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269325 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #650 on: 2010-05-23 12:36:20 »
Well actually when I converted the battle model to field model I opened Biturn to know what are the p models and their texture files. And I never tried just renaming the part to be a .tex file so if its possible then try it, its more easier that way. And you can also use Img2Tex by Borde if you want to change some of clouds texture and make sure its not saved as transparent. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #651 on: 2010-05-23 16:04:09 »
Well actually when I converted the battle model to field model I opened Biturn to know what are the p models and their texture files. And I never tried just renaming the part to be a .tex file so if its possible then try it, its more easier that way. And you can also use Img2Tex by Borde if you want to change some of clouds texture and make sure its not saved as transparent. :)

TT_TT still confused

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2010-05-23 16:15:56 »
Is that so?? Well I still wish you luck.. At least you'd want to learn instead of other members who keep on sending PM's. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #653 on: 2010-05-23 16:48:40 »
Is that so?? Well I still wish you luck.. At least you'd want to learn instead of other members who keep on sending PM's. :)

ight, lemme just ask what you recomment doing to the original texture for the battle model, i just wanna make it work for meh.

oh, and im having trouble replacing the sword on clouds back... hmmmz...

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2010-05-23 17:15:22 »

ight, lemme just ask what you recomment doing to the original texture for the battle model, i just wanna make it work for meh.

What do you mean?? Are you asking about how to change the texture of the battle model?? And what kind of trouble do you have?? White Texture?? Going through Cloud's body?? And where did you attach the sword?? Post all of those and I'll help you. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #655 on: 2010-05-23 17:21:01 »

What do you mean?? Are you asking about how to change the texture of the battle model?? And what kind of trouble do you have?? White Texture?? Going through Cloud's body?? And where did you attach the sword?? Post all of those and I'll help you. :)

what mode of turning the original texture into a battle texture do you recommend, as for the sword, appon placing it on the bone and resizing, its right in the middle of cloud, facing the wrong way, and won't position well. i might just need to take the sword off though

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2010-05-23 17:43:17 »
What original texture are you talking about?? If you're talking about the original sword SquareSoft made it is with the models and you can't get them. Why would you want it anyway?? The newer ones like Apz is much better. Anyways where did you add the sword?? Add it to the waist of cloud and you should have the sword in the middle of Cloud's body. Turn it by Alpha and Beta and see when it looks right. Then save it to a new folder, close kimera then open it again then open the file you've saved. Then it will be much easier to position them now that the sword is saved as a field file not a battle file. Sorry if I'm not explaining well, really tired I've just came home and its just now that I access Qhimm again.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #657 on: 2010-05-23 17:44:02 »
What original texture are you talking about?? If you're talking about the original sword SquareSoft made it is with the models and you can't get them. Why would you want it anyway?? The newer ones like Apz is much better. Anyways where did you add the sword?? Add it to the waist of cloud and you should have the sword in the middle of Cloud's body. Turn it by Alpha and Beta and see when it looks right. Then save it to a new folder, close kimera then open it again then open the file you've saved. Then it will be much easier to position them now that the sword is saved as a field file not a battle file. Sorry if I'm not explaining well, really tired I've just came home and its just now that I access Qhimm again.

-.- im talking about the apz texture, from your guide

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2010-05-23 17:49:52 »
From the battle files you will see the file rtad right?? Open Biturn then convert rtad to a ff7 texture. After doing that just open your Apz Cloud field model then click on the sword then click show texture options then add the the texture file rtad. Try adding it two times because in the first time the texture will not show. Remember add it two times or more times but for me two is enough.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2010-05-23 17:58:50 »
Textures are the same for the field and for battle.  To convert battle texture "RTAD" to a field texture, rename it to "RTAD.tex"  and now it will work in the field

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #660 on: 2010-05-23 18:14:44 »
From the battle files you will see the file rtad right?? Open Biturn then convert rtad to a ff7 texture. After doing that just open your Apz Cloud field model then click on the sword then click show texture options then add the the texture file rtad. Try adding it two times because in the first time the texture will not show. Remember add it two times or more times but for me two is enough.

i did that, and i got error 9, as said earlier

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2010-05-23 20:45:20 »
What version of kimera are you using?? If it still does not work try what Obesebear posted maybe it will work for you.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #662 on: 2010-05-23 23:06:45 »
What version of kimera are you using?? If it still does not work try what Obesebear posted maybe it will work for you.

latest one, i can't find a download for the version you use

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2010-05-23 23:40:09 »
You can its just a few pages back in the kimera thread.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #664 on: 2010-05-23 23:48:14 »
You can its just a few pages back in the kimera thread.

can i get a link

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2010-05-24 00:10:37 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4194.425 

All available versions of Kimera below 9.5 are on this page, since you're dealing with field models I think you'll be needing version 9.1, since the latest tends to screw up their textures.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #666 on: 2010-05-24 00:23:59 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4194.425  

All available versions of Kimera below 9.5 are on this page, since you're dealing with field models I think you'll be needing version 9.1, since the latest tends to screw up their textures.

that would explain my latest problem then :P

EDIT

im having some serious problems, with resizing and repositioning, im not given the ability to place them WHERE i need them or how big or small, they always go over or under, especially with the damn hands
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 00:46:03 by Jaitsu »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2010-05-24 01:04:45 »
Repositioning is always the hard part, you're gonna have to play around with it for a while, what I would do is move a part by sliding the appropriate bar, then when you've gotten close to what you want, manually type in numbers one by one until you get what you want.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #668 on: 2010-05-24 01:11:43 »
Repositioning is always the hard part, you're gonna have to play around with it for a while, what I would do is move a part by sliding the appropriate bar, then when you've gotten close to what you want, manually type in numbers one by one until you get what you want.

thats the problem, to get it wear i need it, i'd have to use decimals, and for some weird reason, decimals don't work in this

EDIT

>.< thats it, i give up, i just can't freaking get this thing to work, i'll post a picture just so you see the problem

as you can see, the right (left on front view) hand isn't sizable to what i need it to be, and i can't get the left foot tip to go right, i don't even wanna TRY to do the other leg. im so annoyed
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 01:14:37 by Jaitsu »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2010-05-24 01:17:11 »
you sure you need decimals? You can make really minute movements by click on the arrows next to the repositioning bars, that has always done it for me.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #670 on: 2010-05-24 01:18:21 »
you sure you need decimals? You can make really minute movements by click on the arrows next to the repositioning bars, that has always done it for me.

nah, its not working for me, and im done, im so frustrated im loosing hair to my hands. im gonna just wait for the new APZ if it ever comes out, sinse no one else is allowed to post an already finished field model of the APZ, >.< someone put me out of my misery

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2010-05-24 01:23:19 »
Well, at least you made it further than me, I've yet to even get the parts into kimera in the first place. (Laziness)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #672 on: 2010-05-24 01:55:24 »
Well, at least you made it further than me, I've yet to even get the parts into kimera in the first place. (Laziness)

well im just giving up, its not worth trying constantly only to get frustrated when the damn thing won't position right

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2010-05-24 05:15:49 »
I know what your problem is. In the picture after you have resized it which is close to what you need it to be resized just save it in a folder in the desktop named aaaa.hrc. Then close kimera. Open Kimera again then Open model then choose the folder I've told you to do and open it. When you open it you will have it as 100 again but in the same size as you saved it before.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #674 on: 2010-05-25 02:43:45 »
I know what your problem is. In the picture after you have resized it which is close to what you need it to be resized just save it in a folder in the desktop named aaaa.hrc. Then close kimera. Open Kimera again then Open model then choose the folder I've told you to do and open it. When you open it you will have it as 100 again but in the same size as you saved it before.

i think i'll find an easier model before trying the APZ again, well, at least im half good at kimera, now i need to find out how to model