Author Topic: Let the legends begin..  (Read 2855 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Let the legends begin..
« on: 2001-09-11 11:16:00 »
There is a place called 'Niflheim' where all Norse gods originated from.
The first thing the Norse gods created was a place called 'Midgard', meaning 'middle garden'.
The Norse had their own word for god, 'Aesir'. Switch the last three letters around and you have Aeris.
A creature named the Migard (not Midgar) Zolom existed. Apparently it was a huge snake so long, it stretched around the entire world. The snake was long enough it could nearly swallow its own tail.
Ragnarok (a sword of Cloud's) was the be-all end-all of battles in Norse. The gods would confront all evil in the world, and perish to form a new world.
Odin (a summon) was the Norse god of gods.

Anyone care to add on to the list?

Joey

• View Profile
Let the legends begin..
« Reply #1 on: 2001-09-11 13:02:00 »
Ok. Here's a touching love story.

Once, a man and a fairy fell in love with each other. The fairy said that she would remain young while the man become old but he didin't care. They married and after 50 years, they walked away from each other sadly and said goodbye to each other. As a parting gift. the fairy gave the man a flag which will bring victory if waived but can only be used 3 times. It has been used twice. It is now at the south tower of Dunvegan castle, England.

Joey

• View Profile
Let the legends begin..
« Reply #2 on: 2001-09-11 13:07:00 »
Can everyone post info about mythical creatures here also?

Here's a creature I know:

Slyph(Buddhist/Chinese/Indian mythology)(Gandarvas) = Can cause insanity and makes nice music for the immortals. Summoned using "sinking wood incense"(not available in this realm or is it aloe wood?)

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited September 11, 2001).]

Clone5

• View Profile
Let the legends begin..
« Reply #3 on: 2001-09-11 16:22:00 »
For more FF7 Related mythology, go  http://people.freenet.de/finalfantasy/" TARGET=_blank>here .  I found this quite interesting.

StrayWings

• View Profile
Let the legends begin..
« Reply #4 on: 2001-09-22 20:23:00 »
The site is not bad Clone5  :)

...well, at least I got something to spend my past time on~