Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 312153 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #550 on: 2012-08-26 13:23:05 »
Hmmm that FMV is very good indeed!  Is that the actual video that comes with the game or has it been edited? I am not familiar with ENB?
ENB only affects the renderer. It might do some postprocessing on the video in realtime, but it wouldn't actually replace any assets at all.

That being said, ENB really shines with games like Grand Theft Auto IV; games that already have a reasonably strong engine and good graphics, but could afford to have better lighting. While it will technically do SOMETHING to FF7, it won't operate as intended since almost everything is prerendered. It'll only have its intended effect on 3D objects, and it still won't work as well as something with a whole bunch of light sources and lighting effects.

Stitch

Square Releases New Updated FFVII
« Reply #551 on: 2012-08-26 19:51:11 »
http://finalfantasyviipc.com

I did love the work you guys did on the winbowze 98 release what are your plans for this one?

Stitch

Re: Square Releases New Updated FFVII
« Reply #552 on: 2012-08-26 19:54:14 »
And just in case you think that's a misleading link, it's on their main site as well.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Square Releases New Updated FFVII
« Reply #553 on: 2012-08-26 22:01:08 »

I did love the work you guys did on the winbowze 98 release what are your plans for this one?

Read this thread and a few others and find out

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #554 on: 2012-08-26 22:13:38 »
Be nice  :)

There has already been work done for the 2012 Version. It can be converted to the 1998 Version and fully modded.

Read: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13429.0

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #555 on: 2012-08-26 22:16:21 »
Being nice and spoon-feeding new people everything is a difference.

CHANCE69

« Reply #556 on: 2012-08-26 22:22:03 »
Well i"m not familier with Aali's driver , all i know is that enb-modding only works with dx9.

i"ve also contacted the developer of this mod to help with creating self reflections and selfshadows , but he"S not interested.

anyway , with trial and error i"m gonna update my enb-config.

here"S the link (same mod i used for DarkSiders 2 enhancements) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZk0Lwya-Ig

place all files in same map as executable to start ff7 and turn mod off/on with shift-f12.

btw. just delete all files from the enb map to get rid of it

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2012-09-04 17:18:38 »
Late coming into the topic but that's cuz i was checking out youtube vids and trailers of the re-release. The graphics look a little more "clearer" or should i say, "stable"? but nothing more. I'd prefer my Win 95 cds along with the great work by people in qhimm than spend $9.99(apparently a limited offer) for the rerelease....though it may be easier to run...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #558 on: 2012-09-04 19:59:45 »
I would spend 9.99 for people at qhimm though if it was something official...

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2012-09-05 15:46:20 »
I would spend 9.99 for people at qhimm though if it was something official...

No arguments. Prob is my win 95 IS official....

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2012-09-13 18:00:32 »
I am really thankful that I decided to purchase my copy before Square-Enix raises the price tomorrow. Now I own three versions of Final Fantasy VII on five devices.

The Playstation Network version looks better on the PSP than the Playstation 3. That is my opinion of course.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2012-09-14 16:43:07 »
I think it's a matter of screen size + resolution. So while i'm inclined to purchase the FF7 they have on PSN and play it on my PS3, i'd rather purchase the FF8 that's there and retire my old PS

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2012-09-14 17:43:30 »
I think it's a matter of screen size + resolution. So while i'm inclined to purchase the FF7 they have on PSN and play it on my PS3, i'd rather purchase the FF8 that's there and retire my old PS
I have that version of Final Fantasy VIII on my PSP, and it is awesome on the go.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2012-09-15 16:14:53 »
By the way, lately i've been thinking of retiring my ff7 95 as well as ff8 ps1 cd and station. Want to buy ff7 for pc and ff8 for ps3[via psn]

i've heard from some users that the mods involving lgp archive switch like char, battle and others can be used in the rerelease. But what about mods which are not stored in archives but in the mod folders like Grimmy's upscaled textures? can those be used??

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #564 on: 2012-09-15 16:38:34 »
By the way, lately i've been thinking of retiring my ff7 95 as well as ff8 ps1 cd and station. Want to buy ff7 for pc and ff8 for ps3[via psn]

i've heard from some users that the mods involving lgp archive switch like char, battle and others can be used in the rerelease. But what about mods which are not stored in archives but in the mod folders like Grimmy's upscaled textures? can those be used??

The 2012 re-release cannot be modded until it is converted with Kranmer's Converter. Basically the converter changes the file composition back to the 1998 version, which is what all the mods here are built around. Mods will then be compatible and ready to install.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2012-09-16 07:21:42 »
The 2012 re-release cannot be modded until it is converted with Kranmer's Converter. Basically the converter changes the file composition back to the 1998 version, which is what all the mods here are built around. Mods will then be compatible and ready to install.

Edit: Would that affect graphics quality/compatibility/gameplay?

Between rerelease and 95 cd rom which would you prefer?

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2012-09-16 12:29:43 »
Edit: Would that affect graphics quality/compatibility/gameplay?

Between rerelease and 95 cd rom which would you prefer?

If you don't plan to mod the game at all, or if you don't already own Final Fantasy VII for the PC, the 2012 re-release is definitely the way to go. The Windows 95 release is now quite rare to find at a decent price.

However if you already own the PC version of the game AND you want to mod the hell out of it, then the 2012 re-release *might* not be for you.

Graphically, the game is exactly the same. Their video driver is almost a complete rip-off Aali's driver. You'll notice no differences between the two, except for a few filtering options.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-16 12:33:35 by InuRa »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2012-09-16 14:34:37 »
That's just it....i already have modified it like heck..

But some users seem to blog that they can get the mods to work on the rerelease....i suppose the mods will have to be in lgp archives for them to work after you've used kranmer's converter on it.....

ivanpushkov2090

« Reply #568 on: 2012-09-20 07:36:42 »
WHAT THE?

so i paid for the download but never got the download did i mess up or sum thing? :cry:

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #569 on: 2012-09-20 07:53:46 »
WHAT THE?

so i paid for the download but never got the download did i mess up or sum thing? :cry:

check their forums theres like 100 people with the issue and they all get the same answer

Mops

« Reply #570 on: 2012-09-20 20:12:49 »
hi, i havent played ff7 and i wanted to change that fatal error in my life XD

i wanted to experience it with the best visual experience, and i cant figure out what to play, remake, original, ps1 emulator.

ive been reading but coulndt find an answer,

any links refering to mods/textures packs would be much appreciated

should i follow this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA ? ( for remake )

my pc:
Phenom II 925
4gbram
ati hd4850
windows7 64bits
« Last Edit: 2012-09-20 20:36:27 by Mops »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #571 on: 2012-09-20 21:06:06 »
follow that guide for the remake

edit
pc has the mods. ps1 no visual mods that i know of. old cds of ff7 cost alot. rerelease is the easy one
« Last Edit: 2012-09-20 21:10:01 by omega res novae »

Mops

« Reply #572 on: 2012-09-20 21:53:24 »
follow that guide for the remake

edit
pc has the mods. ps1 no visual mods that i know of. old cds of ff7 cost alot. rerelease is the easy one
ty , thats what i thought, i spent like 3 hours to find that link XD

Tyrany

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2012-09-22 01:37:14 »
Its true that the older version have tons of mods, but for some users like me, even with the converter and aali's work
still faced issues with rendering newer graphics =S, so im sticking with 2012 version with the .lpg mods to help, i've personaly not tested
it as my knowledge is limited but there is a faq how to mod the  2012 to work with aali's without converting, its on the script and reverse eng.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #574 on: 2012-09-22 13:20:40 »
Its true that the older version have tons of mods, but for some users like me, even with the converter and aali's work
still faced issues with rendering newer graphics =S, so im sticking with 2012 version with the .lpg mods to help, i've personaly not tested
it as my knowledge is limited but there is a faq how to mod the  2012 to work with aali's without converting, its on the script and reverse eng.
It's for changing the rereleased version to be old-version-mods-friendly. You keep the new graphics engine (as that's where all the new features are in), so you have to say bye bye to the opengl one.