Author Topic: Stronger Final Sephiroth Battle?  (Read 8174 times)

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
Stronger Final Sephiroth Battle?
« on: 2009-06-04 21:02:23 »
I'm just wondering... I can never understand how to use these enemy editors. Everything is in gibberish to me and i have no idea what i'm doing.

Is there any way to get the final battle with (Shirtless) Sephiroth to be any harder?

And by that I mean...

Can you add more attacks to him? (Such as limit breaks.. Braver, omnislash,) Edit his HP?

Is there a way to bring in more than just Cloud with you? Like say.. Vincent and barret?

PS : Just another added thing... I know that there's a Zack mod. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get Cloud and Zack in that final battle against Sephiroth? :P

TY ^^

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Stronger Final Sephiroth Battle?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-04 21:14:57 »
What, like this8-)

Wanna see how he did it? It's much easier to do this now that we have ProudClod , although I must warn you that it's still a lot harder than editing stats with Hojo, so it's better to get the hang of that first.

As for having allies, I'm not sure, but I can't think of any reason why one couldn't have allies (as long as his AI is edited).

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-04 21:44:08 »
I have a doubt about this, how can be maintained the "Materias" and the commands during the final fight against sephiroth? I don't believe that wallmarket can do it, or maybe?  :?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-04 23:19:32 »
It would make sense to me that Cloud losing his party members and materia is due to the scripting of the flevel file that the battle takes place in.  That means that first, you'll have to find out which flevel file that is, and then edit it with Meteor.

A lot of things would be so much easier to mod if Meteor were more user-friendly.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-05 02:47:35 »
I've got to say, I like the idea of having Zack in there with Cloud to help fight.

I think that final battle was meant to simply demonstrate the fact that Cloud defeated Sephiroth's control over him.  However it can also be seen as Cloud is back in the lifestream fighting off the last bit of Sephiroth, and since Zack is still "alive" (The Maiden Who Travels the Planet), it would be badass to have him fight alongside Cloud, you could alter the final battle model cloud be Zack and have the Cloud you use throughout the game to be your controllable Cloud.

Sorry, I'm getting carried away

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-05 04:05:42 »
lol yes you are.

I think Aerith should join that battle too.  The whole love triangle should be there.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-05 04:18:08 »
i do indeed luv that idea of zack and cloud joining in... but aeris... nah i dont relle like that idea (no offense) cuz the tension is b/w cloud and sephiroth and zack too.. and zack in on that battle to unleash his fury on sephiroth cuz zack looked up to him but sephiroth turned out to go mad so yeah, overall, zack and cloud is a brilliant idea! nice job!  :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-05 04:28:26 »
I think Aerith getting involved is a little too much to be honest.  As far as Zack goes, maybe he should be uncontrollable (like Sephiroth in the flashbacks).

Of course, all of this considering it's even feasible to do it.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-05 04:34:14 »
since zack and cloud will be fighting together (lets just assume that it will happen), i think sephiroth should be ALOT harder... like waaay more hp than the WEAPONS lol and zack uncontrollable, heh, i like that!  :-)

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-05 20:26:13 »
I'm not really going to attempt to mess around with that kind of stuff on the page that kudistos linked to. Maybe eventually someone will come out with a patch that will do this =/

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-06-06 01:36:32 »
Yeah, it is complicated and a little boring during the editing stages.  I wouldn't have thought to attempt it either when I was new to this stuff 136 posts ago.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-06-06 05:03:03 »
I am going to be making a mod for this too.  I am gonna beef up emerald ruby and safer but not now.,

I did find this info useful

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Safer_Sephiroth

I never knew his HP was decided like that,  Is there any way we can edit these set of variables too?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-06-06 05:41:06 »
I believe those variables are in his AI.  You feel up to editing that?

The previous boss battle is also determined heavily by AI and many other factors, as everyone knows.  That would be even more difficult to work with.  The hardest enemy in the game to alter, in fact.  Similarly, Jenova SYNTHESIS has AI complications that make her difficult to edit as well.

But this thread is about Shirtless Sephiroth.  Sorry about going off topic.

The main problem with making Shirtless Sephiroth a more powerful enemy with a range of attacks is his lack of animations.  It's difficult to make the battle so climactic when a sword strike is all he can do.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-06-06 19:31:26 »
If shirtless Sephiroth has more than 1 animation file, surely it would be possible to substitute in his magic animation from his shirted model?  I'm guessing someone already thought of that though.

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-07 03:02:52 »
If shirtless Sephiroth has more than 1 animation file, surely it would be possible to substitute in his magic animation from his shirted model?  I'm guessing someone already thought of that though.

Sounds like it would work. Just substitute the shirted model with the sephiroth from the flashbacks and it would work, right?

I mean... would anyone care if sephiroth actually has a shirt on?

*sighs at fan-girls*

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-07 03:36:43 »
I prefer him when he does have a shirt on.

I'm not sure if substituting in the Sephiroth from the Nibelheim flashback will work.  I haven't tried it, but I recall reading that making party members enemies just doesn't work when it comes to their animations (including cloaked Sephiroth).  Feel free to try it, but if it doesn't work, it might not be your error.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-07 05:02:20 »
Well I was thinking that since their bone structures are probably exactly the same, it would be no problem for the shirtless Sephiroth to perform the other's animations.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-07 05:27:39 »
They're not exactly the same.  Shirtless Sephiroth doesn't have the bones for the lower section of the cloak.