Author Topic: Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!  (Read 17081 times)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« on: 2002-07-15 07:52:01 »
Yes, you too can see the only Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt at Sara And David!

Look for the character Alex, who is wearing a Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt. He comes in on the 5th issue, but you can see the shirt better in the 6th issue.

And yes, this is somewhat of a shameless plug, but I thought you all might want to see it. The hard part was making it look like the old dark logo, since I didn't have a copy of it. Ahh... The wonders of Photoshop... :wink:

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-15 12:10:16 »
Heh heh heh... that's pretty cool.

Now we need real Qhimm's Forums t-shirts.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-15 14:11:24 »
That shouldn't be too hard - we could open a kind of merchandising-company ... :D nope, but really, making a fan-shirt shouldn't be too hard ...

I'll see if I can get informaed 'bout the prices for printing professional t-shirts...

- Alhexx

- edit -
As for the "cyber-shirt": Yeah, it looks cool :P

Aaron

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-15 15:00:38 »
Heh, we could have a black one and a white one (white logo on top of forums now) :P

Actually wouldn't be that hard if we had a nice hi-res image to work with.

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-15 17:23:44 »
There's stuff you can get at like, Office Depot, Staples, or stores like that where you can print out logos or whatever, and iron them onto shirts and stuff.

Aaron

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-15 17:39:29 »
Yeah I know you can get those, but they usually turn out bad and come off the shirts after a while.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-15 22:36:41 »
I'll look into it and see about getting them professionally made. If I can, I'll start a store on Sara & David where you can buy it. (Prob about $15-$20.)

Edit:

Ok: I have an online store now, however, they don't offer shirt colors other than white & ash grey. I'm looking for another place that can do the black shirts. If you know of a place, or can find one, let me know! I'll look into it!

In the meantime, Qhimm! Can you send me (Email it) a high-rez layered Photoshop .PSD file (or illistrator, depending what is easiest for you), along with any needed fonts & stuff (zipped please), I should be able to get some Qhimm's shirts ready to go REAL soon.

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Goku7

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #7 on: 2002-07-16 00:00:02 »
LOL......

First the Mag, now T-Shirts?!  I can just see the year-end ads now:

Quote from: The Shopping Channel
"Qhimm's Forums' magazines and T-Shirts!!  They make good stocking-Stuffers!!"

Just perfect.  Sign me up for one............

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #8 on: 2002-07-16 01:02:20 »
Seph: That's going to be a slight problem, since I'm not at my own computer right now... won't be for another month, either. I don't even remember which fonts I used for that logo, either... So you can either wait until mid-august, or try and recreate the logo.

If there's a public want for this though, I could always get hold of a photoshop-equipped computer and whip something new up (as in new forum logo / T-shirt design), in which case I want suggestions for possible motifs  :wink:

Aaron

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #9 on: 2002-07-16 04:46:08 »
I'll definately buy one.

Font looks like normal Times New Roman to me?  Dunno how you would go about re-creating that background image though.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #10 on: 2002-07-16 11:34:38 »
lol t-shirts!!! :lol:
anyways thats quite cool

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #11 on: 2002-07-16 14:42:14 »
Re: Font: I quickly ran through all my fonts (standard Win2000 fonts + 2 more) but I couldn't find a decent match. I'm still going to try and find it after I load my 400+ fonts...

Qhimm: How did you creat the bg image of the current logo? What are the parts? Did you draw them, or are they taken from something else?

Something new would also work... I'm flexable. It'd be nice if we could get them personalized with our usernames on the shirts... I think I'll look into that... Probably won't happen. I'll keep you informed.

Sephiroth 3D @ School

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #12 on: 2002-07-16 17:16:20 »
Quote from: Sephiroth 3D
Qhimm: How did you creat the bg image of the current logo? What are the parts? Did you draw them, or are they taken from something else?

Final Fantasy Tactics Logo

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #13 on: 2002-07-16 17:17:03 »
The background image is actually a modified image ripped from the FFT disc. "Oh yeah, now I recognize it!" I hear you say.  :)

Well I could try and recreate that one, and I could make some sketches and let you people decide.

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #14 on: 2002-07-16 17:41:42 »
For the record, I recognized the FFT image right off the bat.  :P

J*** H*******

Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #15 on: 2002-07-16 21:30:59 »
Message.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #16 on: 2002-07-16 21:49:22 »
uhmm... Actually, I've never really played FFT... :Sweatdrop:

I tried to play on an emulator once, but PSX emulators at the time sucked. So did my comp... I think I'll go rent it... I got to return movies anyways...

Jari: Thanks!

Maybe I'll have faked a high-rez version of the current logo by later tonight! :D Now I just need to find a place that let's you make custom, black T-shirts on a per-order basis, like CafePress.com. (CafePress.com only does the affore mentioned white & ash grey, AFAIK...)

[Off Topic]Got my new 56k modem!  :D  :D  Quite a bit faster![/Off Topic]

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Goku7

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #17 on: 2002-07-16 21:52:26 »
Quote from: Sephiroth 3D

[Off Topic]Got my new 56k modem!  :D  :D  Quite a bit faster![/Off Topic]

Being a DSL user, I find that so hilarious that its not even funny....... :P

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #18 on: 2002-07-16 23:22:22 »
I strongly suggest against using the current logo. Partly because it's based on the FFT logo and, I mean, come on. If you're going to spend your cash on this, why rush it? Dedicate some time to help create a new (original) logo!

Well, that's my two cents anyway. Comments are welcome, I need to know if I should continue working on the new logos (I have a couple of ideas). And if I should, feel free to contribute ideas and stuff -- now how's that for a nice, democratic forum?  :wink:

Oh, and about those T-shirts... Are you planning on having the motif in front, in back, or the style where there's a small motif up front (across the right chest only)? I'm leaving this mostly in your hands Seph3D, but would like to have an open discussion before anything goes "final" on this. If you see me on ICQ, drop me a note when you have time will you? Thx.  8)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #19 on: 2002-07-17 00:49:58 »
Your right about the Logo... Let's work on something new. If you could post some of your ideas, we could comment & maybe post our own ideas. (I'm racking my brain trying to think of a good logo idea...)

As for the style, I WAS thinking of just having it in front, but I see no reason not to do it both as an "Image on Front" & a "Image on back, Mini-Image on left breast of shirt". That way, people can have what they want.

I've been thinking about it, and I THINK I can give you guys PERSONALIZED T-Shirts, with your username on them. What I'd do is take an order (Prob here or through email) of who wants their personalized, and then make it a product in my store. After you get your shirt, let me know and then I'd remove it from the listing, so no one else afterwards can buy your shirt! (But they will for a limited time... But really, who else wants a shirt that has someone else's name on it? IE: Who wants a Qhimm's Forum T-Shirt that says Joey on it, besides Joey?)

[OT]Damn... This is getting a lot of attention...

*Notice's Qhimm's Evil post count of 666!*[/OT]

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Aaron

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #20 on: 2002-07-17 01:12:02 »
IE: Who wants a Qhimm's Forum T-Shirt that says Joey on it, besides Joey?)

** shudders at the thought **

Anyway, user name thing is cool.  A new logo is definately cool, dunno exactly what we should do, but I think it should definately be FF-related in some way.

I'll let you know if I have any ideas.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #21 on: 2002-07-17 11:04:54 »
I've been experimenting a bit with fire, but so far the images haven't been very well suited for printing  :(  I wish I had my own computer to mess with, things would be a lot easier. Well anyway, I'll keep working, and post some of the results here.

And what the hell, if it's possible to customize with usernames and motif placement, I suppose we could make it possible to choose between logo designs too? Or maybe just make some different variations on the final logo, suited for different placements?

That said, I'm off to work again. The damn thing is tricky without the aid of my Wacom pad, or painter, or my library of collected inspirational images... keep you posted.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #22 on: 2002-07-17 15:59:11 »
Qhimm... I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Well... What I'd be doing is setting up multiple shirts you can choose from. So we could have about 50 designs (& design combinations) & anyone can choose which ever one they want. For the customization, they'd have to choose one of the customizable ones we'd offer, and then I'd make a new shirt they could buy that's customized for them. (I'm going as far as putting their names on it. No farther!)

Sephiroth 3D @ School
(Stupid Macintoshs!)

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #23 on: 2002-07-17 17:57:48 »
Hey, I'd definitely be in favour of buying an official Qhimm tshirt, so long as there was an affordable UK distributor ;)  Sites like Cafepress, the overseas European shipping is so much it's not even funny...

Aaron

• View Profile
Qhimm's Forums T-Shirt!
« Reply #24 on: 2002-07-17 18:14:24 »
Sephiroth 3D @ School
(Stupid Macintoshs!)

Tell me about it.  That's what we use, and guess what?  I'm head computer guy.

Ugh.