Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839737 times)

dmg1994

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.995)
« Reply #11300 on: 2022-05-21 21:56:36 »
Hi!

I started a new game with NT 2.0995, hard mode, and Game mode B.

But I`ve been experiencing something weird. Tifa joins Cloud in Reactor 1 in the beginning of the game, that`s normal, OK, the problem comes when Barret joins your party a little later in the reactor. Tifa then completely dissapears from the group, and when I reach the place where you set the bomb, a XTM-A appears, like I`ve been playing Mode A all along...

That didn`t happen to me before. In NT 2.0991 Mode B plays normal.

I don`t know what is causing this...

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: 2022-05-22 06:59:35 »
Hi!

I started a new game with NT 2.0995, hard mode, and Game mode B.

But I`ve been experiencing something weird. Tifa joins Cloud in Reactor 1 in the beginning of the game, that`s normal, OK, the problem comes when Barret joins your party a little later in the reactor. Tifa then completely dissapears from the group, and when I reach the place where you set the bomb, a XTM-A appears, like I`ve been playing Mode A all along...

That didn`t happen to me before. In NT 2.0991 Mode B plays normal.

I don`t know what is causing this...

can confirm for that area typeB in 2.0995 should play out the same was as prior versions of the mod. if your running any other mods maybe one of those effecting it weirdly. a list of any active mods and if using 7th heaven verbose debug log may assist.  there are a couple of methods which should check to ensure game is 'patched' correctly. such as fire+all on cloud at start of game alongside checking if reactorbomb is contained within your inventory.

dmg1994

• View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: 2022-05-22 08:17:10 »
Thanks for your answer...

I disabled the Remusic v1.5 mod and works perfectly, thanks!

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: 2022-05-25 22:19:58 »
Steal steal steal!  :P when you reach Shinra HQ farm stealing Hardege from soldiers i made myself a hefty 10k Gil by time i reached Karm doing this :)

Does hard mode have stronger enemies for you? Because in my case, the enemies are identical in levels, stats, etc.

It's not mods, as playing only with NT enabled has the same problem.

Thanks for the tip on the Gil though.

Wadgey

• View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: 2022-05-26 00:15:57 »
Does hard mode have stronger enemies for you? Because in my case, the enemies are identical in levels, stats, etc.

It's not mods, as playing only with NT enabled has the same problem.

Thanks for the tip on the Gil though.

i play Type B mode?

to me i guess the mobs feel stronger idk really tbh. regardless stealing is very important as you'll constantly need gil over time to keep protecting fort condor lol.
another option after  going through the cave past midgar zolom you'll be able to steal razor ring weps for yuffie from those harrier bird things. good source of 750 gil each, best bet is use yuffie or just take her accessory for another character and steal.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: 2022-05-26 18:45:41 »
I play type B too, but the enemies (a least up to midgar sewers - Don corneo) are exactly the same as normal.

I turned the hard mode on and off, reinstalled the game, started a new game, same issue.

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: 2022-05-26 21:02:44 »
Hey there, I've been playing FF VII NT for a long time. I just reached CD 3 in hard mode, No SP upgrade and Type B. So far so good and I went into Rocket Town
Spoiler: show
to talk to the old man to obtain a lance for Cid
but I come across what it seems to be a purple materia near the former rocket location but I can't pick it up for some reason. I can't find a way to put a screenshot here to show it though  :(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: 2022-05-27 13:28:46 »
I play type B too, but the enemies (a least up to midgar sewers - Don corneo) are exactly the same as normal.

I turned the hard mode on and off, reinstalled the game, started a new game, same issue.

It'll be more noticeable later on; the calculation used for level for instance is /6, then * 7 (around 15-16% increase) with the game always rounding values down. So for lower level enemies this parameter likely won't visibly change. One way to check would be to find a Devil Ride enemy outside of Midgar (the red motorbike enemy) and use Sense on it; should be Lv.20 on normal, Lv.23 on hard. Other parameters like strength, etc. get adjusted too but these are trickier to check directly due to damage variance.

Hey there, I've been playing FF VII NT for a long time. I just reached CD 3 in hard mode, No SP upgrade and Type B. So far so good and I went into Rocket Town
to talk to the old man to obtain a lance for Cid
but I come across what it seems to be a purple materia near the former rocket location but I can't pick it up for some reason. I can't find a way to put a screenshot here to show it though  :(

That's the location for long range if it was missed earlier by the rocket itself, will check it out.

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: 2022-05-27 20:52:33 »
Thank you for your answer !

I'm taking this opportunity to signal a consistent crash when I'm about to
fight Safer Cait Sith at the Temple of the Ancients
. I'm afraid due to that bug that I can't
fight Safer Sephiroth as well since it uses the same background iirc

The crash message just says Game Crashed :( and to visit the FAQ of the FFNx driver

EDIT : Had to disable all mods expect NT mod to proceed further, playing with 7th Heaven Mod Manager.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-27 21:36:48 by Aynath »

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: 2022-05-27 23:27:17 »
It'll be more noticeable later on; the calculation used for level for instance is /6, then * 7 (around 15-16% increase) with the game always rounding values down. So for lower level enemies this parameter likely won't visibly change. One way to check would be to find a Devil Ride enemy outside of Midgar (the red motorbike enemy) and use Sense on it; should be Lv.20 on normal, Lv.23 on hard. Other parameters like strength, etc. get adjusted too but these are trickier to check directly due to damage variance.

That's the location for long range if it was missed earlier by the rocket itself, will check it out.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will definately try it once i exit midgar! ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11310 on: 2022-05-29 14:21:09 »
Thank you for your answer !

I'm taking this opportunity to signal a consistent crash when I'm about to
fight Safer Cait Sith at the Temple of the Ancients
. I'm afraid due to that bug that I can't
fight Safer Sephiroth as well since it uses the same background iirc

The crash message just says Game Crashed :( and to visit the FAQ of the FFNx driver

EDIT : Had to disable all mods expect NT mod to proceed further, playing with 7th Heaven Mod Manager.

What other mods did you have on?

[NT 2.0 - Combat Only version]
A while back someone requested a combat-only version of the mod, which I've put together; it's all the battle rebalancing but paired with a default flevel (field script, dialogue, etc). But there's one thing to figure out and that's whether or not to modify the flevel slightly to include the Hard Mode/No-Exp options and the Source System which was used when balancing the enemies.

On the one hand, if the flevel is left unmodified then this means it can be combined with any dialogue/flevel-altering mods with less fuss as it uses the same encounter structure as the default scene.bin (I made some tweaks where needed so it'd conform to it, like re-adding the Mystery Ninja encounters and things like that). On the other, balancing might be tougher on the player without access to the Source System and won't be able to leverage the hard mode or no-exp options.

What I could try to do is set it up so that hard mode is toggled through the IRO rather than in-game, and tweak the character stat growth + equipment bonuses to compensate the lack of sources. Does that sound like a good plan?

I think someone else also asked for a 2.0 equivalent to the 'Vanilla Combat' variant of the 1.5 build as well (which would be the customised field scripting but using vanilla battles & balancing; the opposite to the above); I'm not sure how much work that'd involve yet, but the encounter table is (mostly) intact unlike the 1.5 build where that all needed to be restored so if it's a quick turnaround then I may get that together soon too.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-29 14:26:35 by Sega Chief »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: 2022-05-29 16:33:31 »

[NT 2.0 - Combat Only version]
whether or not to modify the flevel slightly to include the Hard Mode/No-Exp options and the Source System which was used when balancing the enemies.

On the one hand, if the flevel is left unmodified then this means it can be combined with any dialogue/flevel-altering mods with less fuss. On the other, balancing might be tougher on the player without access to the Source System and won't be able to leverage the hard mode or no-exp options.

i don't  mind giving it a wee run/playtest off stream (but recorded to show any fights struggled with uploaded somewhere)  with no exp / no sp / hard mode :) 2-3 days playthrough. and provide feedback :>  sub 24 hours could provide feedback for a purely hardmode/no source option. if thats of use let me know :) feel free dm on discord anytime.

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: 2022-05-31 21:20:44 »
So I'm in the Hojo fight and the battle starts with big guard so I thought of using the classic strategy of casting reflect on myself to bypass the enemies' reflect and got stuck in a loop of the spell reflecting over and over from one character to the other.  Don't know if it matters but the spell was hydro.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: 2022-06-01 00:52:56 »
So I'm in the Hojo fight and the battle starts with big guard so I thought of using the classic strategy of casting reflect on myself to bypass the enemies' reflect and got stuck in a loop of the spell reflecting over and over from one character to the other.  Don't know if it matters but the spell was hydro.

If the spell is bouncing then it should eventually resolve but it'll take a bit of time; each person has 4 'charges' of reflect. In situations where it's infinite and a final target can't be determined (there was a way to make this happen with Reflect Ring but I forget how) the game crashes.

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: 2022-06-02 22:02:37 »
What other mods did you have on?

I have several mods like Cosmo Memory, 60 FPS mod, NinoStyle models, Tsunamods Textures pack and NT mod. After some more testing, I enabled all mods I normally use but the Mouth Texture replacer. Since I use NinoStyle models, it was irrelevant to let it enabled and thanks to that, I no longer had the crash and could fight the boss !

Other question : It is normal that Cid's ultimate weapon, Venus Gospel has a 0 base attack ? All other ultimate weapons have 50 base attack.

EDIT towards the question : Actually some of the weapons have in deed 50 base attack and some have 0.

I do find the ultimate weapons really underwhelming, stat wise they are somewhat decent, making them good stat stick but damage wise it's really bad. I use the next tier of weapons (like Spring Gun Clip, Startlight Phone, Ragnarok etc...)
[spoiler]instead, I no longer feel guilty of using Masamune thanks to the nerf (ignore defense removed). I just defeated Emerald, it's a tough one but satisfying to end. Had to use cleverly Mime + Counter Command, to either heal or offense. That poison it self inflicts really helped too, as it dies in a pathetic way by a tick of the poison haha.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 2022-06-03 22:03:59 by Aynath »

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: 2022-06-06 12:37:16 »
So uh... what's with the Shinra soldiers in the Chocobo stable on the Highwind. I already reached the bottom of the north crater and got the gold Chocobo from the Kalm traveler but I still can't kick them out. The Kalm Chocobo says my stable is full and I can't board the ship with any manually caught ones.
Whenever I talk to the soldiers they keep repeating the same line over and over.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: 2022-06-07 07:23:30 »
Chocobo says my stable is full

buy stable at chocobo ranch. it will then be able to go there.

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: 2022-06-07 19:52:14 »
buy stable at chocobo ranch. it will then be able to go there.
Oof i haven't played this game all the way to the end in so long I forgot about this. Thanks!

FFIXFAN

• View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: 2022-06-09 17:56:02 »
Hey Segachief

I have been enjoying this mod a lot and managed to get up to the temple of the ancients on type B, I went to load it up and now its saying file is invalid when trying to load my save. Previously when i played I was farming some missing enemy material skills and I saved it at the save point in the gold saucer entrance ( bout to do date scene and get keystone ) Any help would be appreciated as I don't wanna start over again if It can be helped

Damy

• View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: 2022-06-12 23:07:37 »
I personally did not like the mod after many hours play (looking at all nerfed things). Anyway there is a possible bug which I want to report about:
Apparently you can flee from the Knights of the Round bosses and get the materia.

rempha

• View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: 2022-06-16 21:26:11 »
Parts of New Threat I like
The area music continuing into battles
No :O face characters
Additional dialog/story/character interaction
Ability to skip flashbacks/cutscenes
A few additional enemies and new enemy mechanics

And that's about it. I've just beat diamond weapon and ultima weapon and found the disappointing changes made to Cloud's Ultima Weapon. The absence of 2/4 Cut and Ultima materia have also been disappointing. I've ended up in a strange party arrangement with Nanaki just casting Comet and Tifa and Cloud just on support, its interesting, but not fun or cool. Is it possible to just mod in the elements I live and leave out the rest?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: 2022-06-17 08:08:50 »
The absence of 2/4 Cut and Ultima materia have also been disappointing.

I've ended up in a strange party arrangement with Nanaki just casting Comet and Tifa and Cloud just on support, its interesting, but not fun or cool. Is it possible to just mod in the elements I live and leave out the rest?

doublecut/4cut materia is still within the game and indeed ultima materia
 where you get them has changed. ultima materia is now in the room with the 4 save crystals which you can 'awaken' doublecut and 4x cut has been splitt into wattack find it in sacredcave at wutai finally xattack from the man in kalm (trades reward).

regards your party arrangements, depends on the way you wish to build characters, there is always more than 1 way. sure
comet ignoring defense somewhat
can help, however it really isn't necessary, if take advantage of weaknesses (and build your own characters strengths materia/equip setup (and SP if choose to use that))  then it does not require to be a rinse/repeat solution.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-17 08:13:07 by wdx »

Sac Moldave

• View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: 2022-06-17 08:51:44 »
Hi ! Sorry to bother you guys but i have an issue finding the 1/35 soldier from Gold Saucer prize. The Documentation says Sub Prize #5 so i assumed it was Speed, but i can't drop it after several times. Did i misunderstood ?

Cavist

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #11323 on: 2022-06-17 17:49:26 »

Not been able to get info about it, so I'll just buy it now and have a look at it myself.

Hello, have you tried making it work with the MS Store version or it is not possible/not planned and I should stick to the steam version?

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: 2022-06-18 08:30:58 »
Parts of New Threat I like
The area music continuing into battles
No :O face characters
Additional dialog/story/character interaction
Ability to skip flashbacks/cutscenes
A few additional enemies and new enemy mechanics

And that's about it. I've just beat diamond weapon and ultima weapon and found the disappointing changes made to Cloud's Ultima Weapon. The absence of 2/4 Cut and Ultima materia have also been disappointing. I've ended up in a strange party arrangement with Nanaki just casting Comet and Tifa and Cloud just on support, its interesting, but not fun or cool. Is it possible to just mod in the elements I live and leave out the rest?

As mentioned by another answer, 2x and 4x Cut and Ultima still exist, they are in different locations. I agree that Ultimate Weapons are overall underwhelming but you can still reach high amounts of damage depending on how you build your party. New Threat pushes you to try different builds and strategies by nerfing the strategies from the original game.