Author Topic: FFX-2 will it come to pc? or is it already?  (Read 8580 times)

Chesso

• View Profile
FFX-2 will it come to pc? or is it already?
« on: 2005-01-29 00:41:29 »
I don't have my ps2 anymore still an xbox though  :roll:.

So im wondering if they'll put it on pc aswell it's the only one i haven't played besides FFXI(hate online only games shame on square) and maybe FFXII if it's out yet.

Im gonna do some google searches now see if i can find out anything.

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-29 00:46:37 »
I'd guess that since FFX didn't come out on the PC that FFX-2 won't either. You never know about FF12 though, with the PSP coming out, they might release 12 on the PS2, PSP and just port it to the PC while they're at it, because, ya know, that would be so easy :wink:

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-29 00:52:44 »
heheh i hope so though ill have to upgrade quite a bit or get a newer machine to run it. Has anyone played FFX-2? I want opinions on it want to know if it's worth getting i did finish 10 and this is supposed to be a follow up on that yes?

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-29 03:56:26 »
Yes it is a follow-up but in my opinion, not all that great. Probably something to play if you liked FF-X.

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-29 05:22:06 »
Well FFX was alright but for some reason i still didnt feel quite as satisfied when i completed it as i did with 7, 8 and even 9. I am still unsure why though.

Graphically it looked very nice and impressive at the time but something that i can't quite figure out was lacking.

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-29 08:45:47 »
Personally, I think the main character in FF-X was just gay, so I never was immersed into the game. Secondly, I hate speech in FFX

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-29 09:11:53 »
I just viewed a trailer or w/e of FFXII and ..............it look's like FFX even the blonde kid they showed looks pretty much like Tidus heh. It did look pretty nice though graphic wise.

EDIT: I wonder if it's worth getting another PS2 just to play these two games(FFX-2, FFXII). Are there any other really good games coming out for PS2 rpg's that is?

It's a real pity PS2 Emu development hasnt reached a good commercial stage yet it would save some cash then again i doubt my hardware would be enough anyway meh.

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-29 12:42:23 »
ffx was way too linear, you dont have the freedom of the world map, and there arent many optional side quests/bosses.

that and tidus = whiney bitch

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-29 12:43:57 »
I'm just waiting to see if Sony's PS3 will be backward compatible(I hope). I'd wish they would keep using the old pseudo-realtime battle system in FF-XII rather than the FF-XI Online type. In my opinion, anyway

13uRneR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-29 21:21:08 »
Can't help you on X-2, but for 12.... it is based in the same world as FF Tactics (Ivalice) and the character styles are based of of the other great game ahead of its time called "Vagrant Story"  (PS1 game with incredibly good PS graphics)

XII has a great new battle system also, you walk around and are jumped by monsters (no more screen breaking etc..) when your fight is over, pick up the items that fall... still keeping my ears open for more

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-29 23:44:06 »
Sounds like it is slowly heading towards real time battles basically. That actually wouldnt be such a bad idea for a game or too.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-01-30 09:57:10 »
The hopes of another FF game coming to the PC Died with the craptastic response to FF8 on the PC....

Also, not that FF11 doesnt really count as an FF game as its an MMORPG money grabbing device.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #12 on: 2005-01-30 16:19:26 »
i think we all need to reflect on the best part in fx-2, the
Spoiler: show
 LAUGHING AHAHAHAHAHA

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #13 on: 2005-01-30 19:25:13 »
Maybe it was just the small part I played, but FFX-2 seemed alot like FFX meets Charlie's Angels...

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-01-30 22:33:48 »
Maybe it was just the small part I played, but FFX-2 seemed alot like FFX meets Charlie's Angels...

Well in that case i think i'll pass lmao.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-01-30 22:44:51 »
it sound like FF starting to lose it meaning as FF7. SqaureEnix starting to lose respects of RPG which now become MMORPG which that is fine but....

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-01-30 23:45:18 »
The thing that sux is that it's online only like WoW which is really annoying.

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-01-31 01:30:59 »
Another thing that sucks is that it's not as good as WoW so they're also losing players.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-01-31 03:39:11 »
Quote from: Hybir
Another thing that sucks is that it's not as good as WoW so they're also losing players.

SqaureEnix is hoping to expand more player with more money, but it didnt do quite well cuz Final Fantasy are for RPG only, not MMORPG. Final Fastany work very well in RPG, but in MOORPG, it sucks. like i said, SqaureEnix is losing a true meaning of FF

and i was hoping SqaureEnix to make Final Fantasy VII 2, but it not what i expected. i expected a same gameplay, same story, same group but sometihng happen after the met hit the world. maybe Sephy been revivied and want to destory the world again. with Aeris alive again. that i really hoping for it. That all i want from SqaureEnix, same thing for FF8. but Final Fantasy VII is a true meaning of the game. the reason why i picked FF7 my faves cuz it a good gameplay, a a exploding story aboud Cloud and Seph, a great group with their own knowledge and their power......

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-01-31 03:56:21 »
Well i hope they bring out another winner soon.

This is offtopic but does anyone know if there will be any umm cant remember the name for it but new Fable games. Seen as my brother has an xbox and we both like that game it's one we can get our hands on if another comes out  :P

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-01-31 04:38:10 »
Quote from: Chesso

This is offtopic but does anyone know if there will be any umm cant remember the name for it but new Fable games. Seen as my brother has an xbox and we both like that game it's one we can get our hands on if another comes out  :P

FAble a good game but it short game

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #21 on: 2005-01-31 04:52:02 »

If it is off-topic, then why are you posting it in the on-topic forum, inside an on-topic thread? Start a new thread in Completely Unrelated if it's so bloody important.

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005-01-31 05:39:51 »
Well i hope they bring out another winner soon.

Many of us have been waiting after the success of FF7, 6 games later (not including Tactics, Spin-offs etc.) They still haven't made it and I'm doubting they will create another game of that calibre.

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-01-31 05:53:08 »
I thought i put this in the unrelated section hmmm.