Author Topic: Fable III and SvR 2011  (Read 5480 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Fable III and SvR 2011
« on: 2010-10-26 12:21:06 »
with these two new games out today i was wondering if anyone plans on getting them?

i plan to get both tonight and stay up playing em all night. now i know few are wrestling fans here so i suspect more would be interested in Fable III.

what are your thoughts, opinions, upsets and highs about all of this?

idl12

• View Profile
Re: Fable III and SvR 2011
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-26 22:04:55 »
The only upset here is that I don't own a 360 to get fable 2 or 3 and they refuse to have a pc release, you have no idea how frustrating it is to have played the lost chapters obsessively for weeks and once you're done, you realize that you can never continue the story in the foreseeable future, it's like watching your dog die....

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-26 23:07:58 »
Rock Band 3 has kept me quite occupied

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-27 16:29:46 »
SvR should pop through my door either tomorrow or Friday, as for Fable, I'm gonna wait a while till the price drops a bit, Fable 2 got boring pretty quickly because the combat was terrible since you could just spam AOE magic and never get hit.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-27 18:43:15 »
The only upset here is that I don't own a 360 to get fable 2 or 3 and they refuse to have a pc release, you have no idea how frustrating it is to have played the lost chapters obsessively for weeks and once you're done, you realize that you can never continue the story in the foreseeable future, it's like watching your dog die....

Fable 3 will be releasing a PC version later this year dude

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-27 19:09:40 »
Rock Band 3 has kept me quite occupied

:cry:

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-27 22:26:14 »

Fable 3 will be releasing a PC version later this year dude

That's great news, but I find it a bit strange that they're releasing part 3 and not part 2, whatever, long as I can get my hands on 3, there's always wikipedia for part 2's story. Also speaking of games that have been keeping me occupied, I finally bought Harvest moon, hero of leaf valley...that's probably a year of my life about to go down the drain XP.

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-28 16:21:05 »
I now have SvR2011(x360) in my possession, time to layeth the smacketh down, first task is beat John Cena around no DQ style for a good half hour or so.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-28 20:25:55 »
I now have SvR2011(x360) in my possession, time to layeth the smacketh down, first task is beat John Cena around no DQ style for a good half hour or so.

this is good, very good, beat him to death.

now that i've played both games so far, i can say as much about the gameplay for both as i can

SvR: i like the new grapple system but was extremely annoyed with the moves in the game, they've added some but have also removed quite a few of last years moves (including The Cutter). i also felt there wasn't near enough stuff in standing grapple CAF nor in turnbuckle CAF. past that, i was very happy with the create-a-wrestler this year (though annoyed that when we finally get a sleeveless long coat it looks like crap). that game actually is quite difficult passed normal difficulty (i could play on legend in 2010 and win easily). finally the match types that have been edited are absolutely awesome. though i feel ladders and tables break unrealistically.

as for fable III, i won't go into to much detail but i can say that spell weaving looks absolutely breathtaking, the character you play does have a voice, but it doesn't interfere with the game at all. the comedy is nice and we see the lionhead team's utter hatred for chickens in full force.

all in all, i love these two games right now :D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-29 06:19:59 »
I've never played any of the Fable games. :(

I've heard many great things about them though, so I should take the time to play those games.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-29 09:03:12 »
I've only played the original on original Xbox.  I can say that game was good, although you get two or three playthroughs and thats it.  It won't be fun after that.  I've also heard good things about 2 and 3, but I dont have a 360. 

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-10-29 23:16:49 »
for svr 2011 i will say i was appalled at how stupid the AI was during a money in the bank match, absoultely idiotic to tell the truth