Author Topic: firefox addon- Stylish  (Read 2528 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
firefox addon- Stylish
« on: 2011-04-06 02:57:03 »
has anyone here who uses firefox seen or used the addon called stylish? just found it today but i reaaaalllyyy enjoy it, i've always wanted to see different web pages in completely different colors, youtube, facebook, google. etc.

anyone got any good styles if so? i'm looking to expand my list.

Mako

• View Profile
Re: firefox addon- Stylish
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-06 03:35:07 »
I've used firebug, I can edit the CSS to all kinds of different colors :D

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-06 03:51:00 »
theres a stylish plugin that can make all of firefox completely transparent except for webpages that have set colors. However,  I use to use it with this program called fullglass.exe which made anything in any window transparent as long as the color of it was set to black. So then I made the default web background black for every web page and, viola, I had a completely transparent browser and every thing else for that matter. I used to love it because I have a nice collection of drawings that I use for backgrounds. But I stopped using it a while back cause it was way too buggy. All in all I think its a pretty good plugin though  ;D

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-06 10:43:25 »
I work at an organization that provides web software as a service, basically as the company's whole QA department. It's not unusual for me inspect the CSS to try and diagnose browser issues and speculate on solutions. I'm no CSS wizard, but I can usually diagnose enough basic issues to save the developers' time. In my case, though, I just download a local copy and edit the CSS files in the directory, as I need to test browsers without style sheet override addons.

I will say, though, that things like stylish are probably a great way to learn how CSS works and 'real' sites are put together.