Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)

(1/103) > >>

Covarr:
Now that Aali's driver includes OGG support out of the box (and much more reliably than FF7Music has ever been), I will no longer be supporting this application. This post will remain available for posterity, but I highly recommend you use Anxious Heart instead.

FF7Music Installer
Current Version: 1.51.13
I did not make FF7Music, only the installer. I can do my best to find workarounds for FF7Music bugs, but I cannot fix any problems specific to the program itself.

This will not work with the 2012 re-release, only the 1998 PC version.[/size]

Download: Download (Mediafire) (put this in the same folder as the installer (torrent here), if you want the Remastered OST. The downloader will be fixed when I get a chance.)

What this is

* An installer for FF7Music, with everything needed to get it working on the latest versions of Windows. Comes with finalfantim's remastered soundtrack and the original Playstation music! No need for that crap Windows midi anymore!What's Included

* FF7Music 1.51
* Highly Experimental 2.09, aka in_psf.dll
* MAD MP3 Decoder Plugin, aka in_mad.dll (I used this because older versions of in_mp3.dll don't work with x64 operating systems, and newer versions don't work with FF7Music)
* in_vgmstream.dll r828 (as well as a few dlls it depends on)
* out_wave.dll 2.0.2a
* out_ds.dll 2.2.7
* ficedula.dll
* ficeconsole.dll
* My own ff7music.ini
* The original PSF soundtrack for FF7
* finalfantim's remastered soundtrack
* Some nifty launch script magicWhat's Required

* Windows XP or later. It also works on Wine, last I checked. Not yet compatible with Windows 8. I'm working on it.
* Final Fantasy VII patched to version 1.02
* Aali's Custom Graphics DriverHow To Use

* Download. Install. Enjoy.What's this "Minimal installer"?

* It's just got the PSF soundtrack, not the remastered soundtrack. Perfect for small updates, or for if you don't want the OGGs.How do I choose which included soundtrack to use?

* Open FF7Music from the Start Menu. Click Configure. Go to the Files tab. Choose which one you'd like from the Profile menu.What about my own music?

* Put it in C:\FF7Music\Custom_Music and either add a new profile or modify an existing profile in FF7Music. The included readme should tell you what all the songs are supposed to be, so you'll know what you're replacing.HELP! Something's way wrong! It won't install/music won't play/I still hear midi/I really have to go to the bathroom!

* I'm not surprised. I've only tested this very minimally, and I don't have a wide variety of machines to test it on. Tell me what version of Windows you're using, as well as exactly what went wrong, and I'll deal with it as soon as I can.There's a virus in here! What are you trying to pull?!?!!?
* It's not a virus, just a false positive in crappy a/v software. It's been fixed in recent versions, anyway.Notes

* The uninstaller is mediocre. It doesn't clean up after itself as well as it could, so some files and folders will need manually deleted.
* There are a few looping versions of songs included that are not actually used. See this post for more information.Extra thanks to these guys

* Ficedula, for making such a great program
* sl1982, for all his help with learning and understanding NSIS.
* sl1982, Mendelevium, Cupcake, and sithlord48 for helping me test it. (PM me if I forgot you!)
* Aali, because his driver makes this possible without needing loopbe.
* finalfantim, for his wonderful remastered soundtrack.
* Timber, for his excellent looping OGG tutorial.
* Sir_Awesome III, for actually looping it all.
* kranmer, for his great AnyCD mod, as well as some really slick batch files that were helpful examples in improving my own.
* The AutoIt team, for making the best scripting software I've used.
* NSIS, for the best installer creation software I've used.
* All the users, especially those who have sent in bug reports. Without you, this installer would still be a mess!Download: Download (Mediafire) (put this in the same folder as the installer (torrent here), if you want the Remastered OST. The downloader will be fixed when I get a chance.)

DLPB_:
Good this will stop all the endless questions... and it is easy.

Nice work :)

Travis:
Well done!

This is perfect. To bad I already have mine installed.

paladin181:
I've gone the rout of emulating Soundblaster support and using Soundfonts. In the end, it's less buggy than FF7Music. However, I WILL give this a DL for archiving and testing purposes. :D

Timber:
Wow nice work!

You should also include my pack looping pack, as default, since you can still play everything (including my looping oggs, which I got permission from FinalFanTim for), as explained here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10294.msg143951#msg143951

Also a small bug, the OSTRe folder is not created by the installer, unlike the custom_music folder, had to make it manually.

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2010-07-28 21:39:28 ---I may include it in future versions of this installer, pending FinalFanTim's permission, but it really depends on somebody being willing to host it; my host won't let me put up something that large.

--- End quote ---

Just use megaupload. Can host 1GB files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version