Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8PC-Steam] FF8 Controller Buttons v2.0 (Compatible with FF8_Buttons Patch)

<< < (33/33)

faospark:
the game a built in button remapping . right?

--- Quote from: Temujin64 on 2020-05-01 17:28:21 ---Any chance of a port for the remaster?

--- End quote ---

ValentDs:
someone still here in this topic?
I've the problem with the white glove, and i know the problem is because i use an XInput controller (360 wired) with big picture using mappings who use keyboard key instead (for using the D-Pad in the menu, use the trigger buttons ecc)
if i not activate steam keymappings and i let only the game see the controller, i could only use the analog stick for movement and the triggers not work (i know, ff8 on steam not natively work with XInput's triggers) and instead for L2 R2 buttons i need to use L3 and R3 (the analog pressed buttons)
there is any solution now? the better one will be using the keyboard keys on the controller with pig picture but this mod (psx buttons) not work

Larathu:

--- Quote from: Moorezo on 2019-02-24 19:14:23 ---I'm not sure what's going on with my set up but I can't get this mod to work. All my other graphics mods are fine.

I'm using a steam controller and steam link.

I actually think the mod is probably working tbh, but I can't get the game to realise I'm using a controller. So it's showing keyboard buttons.

Anyone seen this, or know how to force the game into using a controller setup instead of keyboard?

Thanks for the help!

--- End quote ---

Had the same issue myself and found the cause. to solve it you need to right click Final Fantasy VIII in your steam libary and select Properties. Under General Set Steam Input Per-Game Settings to Forced Off

then i went into
FF8_ControllerButtons_v2.0\FF8_Buttons_Main\FF8_Buttons_PS4_DS4\sy\sysfld00
And Deleted sysfld00_17.png and Renamed sysfld00_17 ALT.png to sysfld00_17.png
Then Did the same for
FF8_ControllerButtons_v2.0\FF8_Buttons_Main\FF8_Buttons_PS4_DS4\sy\sysfld01
Deleted sysfld01_17.png and Renamed sysfld01_17 ALT.png to sysfld01_17.png

Copied the sy folder from FF8_ControllerButtons_v2.0\FF8_Buttons_Main\FF8_Buttons_PS4_DS4 into FINAL FANTASY VIII\textures
and it Worked

For DS4 Users it is often Beneficial to set Steam Input Per-Game Settings to Forced Off. for games that only support Xinput it needs to be on but for games with native DS4 support its often better with off (game displays DS4 button prompts with it off but X-Box prompts with it on)

Robgatti:
Hey Mcindus, I had this up and running a while back but it seems to have gone haywire at some point.

I'm currently trying to play Callisto' Ragnarok mod with my Xbox One Controller wired via USB (I also have a PS4 controller I can use if it would be easier).
I'm fairly stupid, should I use Shunsq's mod or yours?

I thought I had it working and then I got to the Timber Owls mission and it most definitely wasnt correct lol.

debaser1920:
I'm using Xpadder and I had a problem where the PSX buttons would only appear when a button on the controller is pressed - when it is released, the keyboard buttons appear again. I think this is because the game switches between detecting it as a keyboard (when a button is held down and xpadder is doing its thing) and as xinput the rest of the time (when no button is held down). Installing both the xpadder and xinput versions of this mod at the same time does not work - the buttons display all the time, but they are completely scrambled because of the conflicting inputs.

The simple and janky solution is: Do not connect your controller until AFTER you have started the game and skipped past the keyboard configuration screen by pressing X. At that point, the game stops looking for a controller and thus will only ever see keyboard inputs, which fixes everything. Janky but it works and I hope this helps someone.

I do have one question though - is there any way to make this button mod work without SeeD reborn? I really like the old PS1 fonts and would prefer to keep them, but the mod seems to stop functioning if you remove the Seed reborn hashmap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version