Basically Mandatory > 7th Heaven

Getting 7th Heaven to Work on Wine

<< < (2/5) > >>

cyberconan:
Hi!
I followed all your howto, everything perfect with wine 5.5 and donet452, but when I launch FF7 with one or more addons this happens:
19:54:18|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Launching additional programs to run (if any) ...
19:54:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Writing temporary runtime profile file to C:\users\karl\Temp\tmp87b4.tmp ...
19:54:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Attempting to inject with EasyHook: try # 1 (of 7) ...
19:54:25|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unable to wait for injection completion due to timeout.  (Code: 0);  ...
19:54:25|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Attempting to inject with EasyHook: try # 2 (of 7) ...
19:54:32|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unable to wait for injection completion due to timeout.  (Code: 0);  ...
19:54:59|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Attempting to inject with EasyHook: try # 7 (of 7) ...
19:55:06|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unable to wait for injection completion due to timeout.  (Code: 0);  ...
19:55:06|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to inject after max amount of tries (7) ...
19:55:17|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   user chose not to set compatibility fix. Aborting ...
19:55:17|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

And with code 5 fix ON i have some different results:
Attempting to inject with EasyHook: try # 7 (of 7) ...
   received errors: STATUS_NO_MEMORY: Unable to allocate memory in target process. (Code: 5); Process with an Id of 245 is not running. ...
   received errors: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unable to wait for injection completion due to timeout.  (Code: 0);  ...
Failed to inject after max amount of tries (7) ...
   user chose not to set compatibility fix. Aborting ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

If i copy all folders to a Windows 7 computer everything works well. I tried wine prefix 32 and 64 but same result. Installed vcrun2010 but nothing chages, tried wine 5.1 to 5.5, different kernels... but always same error  :'( I think the issue must be in EasyHook and any block event:
00fa:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bd30220 "../../../wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 00fa, blocked by 00f6, retrying (60 sec)

What I'm doing wrong? Why works for you and not for me? Thanks!!!

cyberconan:
Hi again!
I'm still debugging, in wine output I see:
0075:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"EasyHook"
0050:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Runtime.Remoting"
0050:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Web"
0050:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"7thWrapperLib"
Maybe is related with this issue:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47277#c9

Anyone with 7thHeaven working well under linux, can tell me their LOCALE? Mine is "es_ES.UTF8" and I have tested with export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" and with standard "C" but not I have not lucky yet, but solves a problem with "," and "." in .IRO files version in their names.
Regards!
PS: I'm using a FF7 than I not purchased in Steam, but I think this not the problem. Maybe than when FF7 is in offer in Steam I will buy a second copy and try this other version.   

Aurora:
I haven't touched it in a while, but my installation has borked too, injection no longer seems to work. I'll play around to see if I can get it to work, hopefully it's not permanent

cyberconan:
Arggg! The issue is with wine 5.5!! I have downgraded to wine 5.4, remove wineprefix and regenerate it.  8)

Aurora:
Alright, I haven't tried an older version of wine, so I'll try it today and update the tutorial if true. If Wine 5.5 updated to break it, that's pretty disappointing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version